Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-08-20, 12:32 PM  
fanofladyvols

Q

Ok, Dana, I will! I think there will be others who will enjoy your find!

Cheri Debbie smiles inanely throughout it all, lol. I want to know how she can. And I will add a Q on my thread title so it will look like it's all on purpose

Ok the Slim in 6 workouts really don't prepare you for the jump in difficulty with Shape it up. Yowza, Debbie don't play. Very thorough. During chest I had to alternate arms and I skipped the ab floor work because honestly she does plenty of standing ab work. If I hadn't been doing Cathe and Jari and those metabolic workouts previously this workout would have been too much and I would have gotten discouraged. I'm glad I waited to do this series.
I'll see how I feel in the AM but will probably take a full rest day tomorrow.

Happy Tuesday to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 04:47 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Monday: 5 mile hike/walk with Scouts

Today I'm resting. Yesterday's walk was fine cardiovascular-wise, but my legs are tired and I'm dealing with a sore knee from before the walk.

Dana, I'm sorry about the loss of your friend.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 05:57 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Faithful Workouts - TBW #6 - 28 minutes;
Pilates By Lisa - Spring into Summer Defined Arms - 14 minutes

Michelle's Total Body Workout was almost all strength work - even the cardio was strength work. It was a good one. Lisa's workout was filmed somewhere beautiful with mountains in the background; she used a flat resistance band. It was tough, but not awful.

Brenda - Sorry about your knee. Voltaren is good for sore knees and is over the counter now.

Linda - You are right - there is no comparison between Slim in 6 and the Slim Series. After the first 85 or so minute workout in that series where Debbie just keeps on keeping on, I knew she was a beast. Yes, I think you deserve a rest day!

Cheri - I haven't done that one yet, although I did do the bonus stretch a few days ago. I thought it was very good, and the scenery was lovely (on a deserted beach in Tasmania).

Dana - Lindsay does the barre workouts -among many others - on GHUTV? I'm not sure I've done any of the workouts she leads on GHUTV, but I've seen her around. She does have a lot of stuff available.

Donna - How's your back today? Decisions, decisions...

Y'all, we had some snow this morning! I kid you not; it didn't stick on the ground though. We had a cold, blustery and wet day yesterday and are supposed to have the same kind of weather today - highs in the low 40's after near 100 just a few days ago. Brrr! Earliest I've used my heater in many years - maybe ever.

I've signed up for an online genealogy institute (again), only this one is more like a weekly class - meeting 3+ hours on Thursday evenings starting tomorrow. Supposedly we will have about 5 hours of homework every week. This is on top of the online Precept class on the first half of Matthew that I'm doing - it's great, but has about 5 hours of homework a week as well. I will be a busy girl.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 08:04 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I was gearing up to do a Jessica Valent workout but the one I had in mind had a lot of squats and lunges which did not appeal to me! So I did:

CocoLime Fitness - 35 Min Total Body Workout - this is all body weight - she does 40 seconds on/20 seconds off - 3 'circuits' - two of them are all floor work. It was a good one for today - still feeling a tad achey and while working out I started to feel a little sick, too, but not sure what is up with that. Not COVID sick, but just off, if you know what i mean? Anyway, I'm glad I ended up buying her MITFit (Medium Intensity Fitness???) program back when she had it on sale. There are now 18 workouts included (she added 5 new ones recently). Some are short only 10 minutes and I don't love her cardio, but the toning workouts and stretching and a select few of the cardio workouts are good for me when I'm feeling a bit off. There is a 90 day rotation that is included, bu i'm not sure I could do these for 90 days straight, although it would be an interesting experiment. I would have to sub out some of the cardio - she does a lot of hip hop dance, and that isn't my thing.

Oh - I started my morning off w/ Yoga w/ Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement Day 7

Last night DD and I took our Golden out for walk - we have two dogs, a Golden (Summer) and a Lab (Bailey) and Bailey is getting too old for the long walks - she has quite a bit of arthritis and joint damage (she was a rescue and has chronic Lyme disease). So, we sort of have to sneak out of the house w/out Bailey finding out.

Hope everyone has a good day waves!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 08:04 AM  
donnamp

Forgot the personals!

Cheri -I sort of understand, I go in phases w/ workout types and to an extent instructors as well. I used to absolutely adore Yoga w/ Adriene and now I just can't do it - I'm not sure why - Adriene did nothing to "offend" I just don't feel the love. Maybe it will return one day? LOL!

Linda - Agreed, there is a big jump from Si6 to SS!! I don't think I still have Slim Series...I think I have the old Si6. But, now I think I would have to break those SS workouts in half - I think ti is fairly easy to do so - maybe standing and floor work on separate days? In part, i just don't have the attention span any more for those longer workouts.

Brenda - I hope your knee is feeling better!

Carol - I am feeling better, I think another culprit for my achey back is sitting all day, too...but not many ways around that - except maybe setting a phone alarm every 60 minutes or so to remind me to get up and move. You ARE going to be busy!!! And, yes, you have some crazy weather there. At least here, it generally stays consistent...

Dana - good find!!

Hope everyone has a good day waves, Christine!

Donna
Old 09-09-20, 11:44 AM  
cherimac

PBL SIS Standing Routine
PBL Strength and Stability Shoulder Routine

Donna-yep, precisely what happens to me with an instructor.

Carol-I love Precept and should look into that again.

Linda-every time I decided to do Slim Series as a rotation, I got sick. It's tough.
Old 09-10-20, 05:49 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workout was a quicky:

Lauren Gleisberg - Week 1, Day 2, Leg Workout - 15 minutes

Just plain tried and true exercises, nothing fancy. Tonight could be challenging to get my workout in before class, and I've been tired at night and ready to start going to bed by 9:30 or so - so we'll see if I get it done. It all depends on when I get home from work.

Cheri - If doing an in person Precept class doesn't work for you - there were none in my city (well, there was one, but it was for non-working folks) - Precept.org does allow you to search for online ones. The one that I am doing is just a Precept leader who teaches at her church and makes the teaching videos available online (after the fact) for those who want to participate. I like it because it's convenient - I don't have to do it at a particular time. It's less personal though - there's less connection than there might be in a regular class, if it's done like BSF's classes - but the flexibility is worth it to me. Kari Dent is the name of the leader who does the class I'm doing - she's from St. Marys, Georgia.

Donna - It's like a light switch - one day it's on and then the next day it's off and there's no turning it back on. Yes, I don't think sitting is good for our backs, or any other parts of our bodies.

Waves ~~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 06:50 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol good for you spending your time wisely as you do.

Donna I did a YouTube Yoga with Kassandra 15 minute bedtime and it was very nice...have you tried that one?

Cheri I can see that effect.. especially as the rotation was written. SS is overtraining and I think people have to pay attention to reduce reps/exercises as their body signals. I have to do it my own way for sure with adequate off days.I do appreciate the value in the system of the lower gear and kinder to joints approach or I wouldn't continue. Can you tell I would redesign this series?

I forgot to mention that I recently finally tried a Trifecta pilates workout. It was a total body as part of the 7 day challenge which was fun for a change. I will dabble in some of the other days since it seems to be a beginner level challenge.

Yesterday was Karen Voight stretch chapters of her Stretch and core conditioning DVD. It gets a bit pretzelly at times and not sure I would call it one of my favorites but I did feel nice afterwards. I don't think the music was at a consistent level nor well matched to the routine but it wasn't obnoxious or anything. The background was lovely when I glanced up but the funny thing is the way the routine was structured you really won't get to see it anyway. She gives great pointers and moves briskly so it feels more like you're taking a class and she's demonstrating so you can do it on your own later.

Happy Thursday smiles to all for this short week!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 07:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

CocoLime - Cardio Walk - this was pretty meh. I am not a big fan of her cardio workouts, so no real surprise that I didn't like this one all that much. But, I gave it a go and it was a good warm-up this morning.

Jessica Valent - Hip Mobility- this was a good routine. Jessica is a PT and her expertise shines through in her workouts - this is a routine I should incorporate at least a few times a week to work on hip and lower back tightness.

Linda - I have done at least one of Kassandra's bed time routines and I did enjoy it. I generally like what I have seen of her yoga - she isn't overly chatty and I think she is moving towards more restorative yoga - which is what i'm looking for these days.

Good work, Carol - those back to the basics are always a good choice.

Waves, everyone,

Donna
Old 09-10-20, 09:32 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Nothing to report today. I just didn't feel like working out this morning. I'm bored with all the workouts I do and all of a sudden I'm feeling my age. No motivation.

Linda and Donna: you both mentioned Debbie Siebers and Si6 and SS. I have one of these sets (probably sitting in the garage) but haven't done it in a very long time. Not sure which one I have. I remember that I didn't dislike it when I did it but probably didn't love it either. What's the difference between Si6 and SS? Now all of a sudden, I feel like I must go back to it and do the videos and also purchase the other set I don't already have.

Waves to everyone else!