Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-02-20, 01:52 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Happy September!

Jessica Smith's Have a Ball with 3lb. ball

I'm working through Jessica's Fusion February rotation at a snail's pace. I know I feel better when I'm doing more organized workouts, as opposed to random "walking" while watching a show. So I'm going to try to be more consistent with the rotation and see how that feels.

I survived the colonoscopy and am glad to have it "behind me". Ha! A friend texted me that this morning... she was feeling punny, apparently. They removed one tiny polyp and I'm waiting to hear if I'm still on the every-5-year plan or if I can wait 7 years for next time.

Linda,that is quite the Taebo plan!!! For the record, I'm the other VF who hasn't done SS or SI6.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 02:36 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Thanks everyone!

Shaped by Faith: Stretch & Flex

That was a nice stretch routine! No walk today as it has been pouring rain all day, but I did do 15 minutes on the treadmill during my PT.

Carol, I did Si6 many years ago and also had great results. I loved it being so straight forward.

Linda, That looks like a good plan. I was on a Taebo kick at one point too. Those workouts are fun, and I think they work well with Slim Series.

Donna, it sounds like we have been having the same weather. It has been dreary and humid.

Brenda, nice pun! Praying all goes well and you can get on the 7 year plan.

Hi Cheri & Dana!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 05:46 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workout was

Faithful Workouts - Everything in the Barn - 28 minutes

I streamed this one, but it is on the new DVD set that Michelle released. It was a smattering of things: Pazaz, Compound moves with light weights, Kickboxing, Functional Fitness leg work (getting up and down from the floor at a pretty quick pace), Core work and a stretch. Michelle describes this as an intermediate workout, and it was harder than the ones of hers I've been doing - on the other hand, I didn't feel 100% last night, so maybe that made it feel harder.

Brenda - the doctor who did my colonoscopy was a nice guy with the name of Dr. Pathapati; his nickname, at least the name I thought of him by, was Dr. Patapooti. Not quite as bad as the family of OB-GYNs with the last name of Hands (seriously).

Christine - Glad to hear that you are still at it!

Linda - I thought the Slim Series workouts were brutal. They were long - a few you may want to split up into two days. Used to love TaeBo - especially the "Lives". Wish I still had them, especially the beginner set.

Donna - Nice job with Pahla's Challenge. I haven't been seriously tempted yet.

Waves to Dana & Cheri.

I need to get back to my add-on pilates at night! So looking forward to the 3 day weekend!!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 08:48 AM  
fanofladyvols

Brenda glad you survived the colonoscopy! And after yesterday now you're the only VFer who hasn't tried the Slim series...I'm sorry to leave our right circle! However, I think I'm the only one in our group who doesn't stream P.S. I see nothing wrong in a relaxed approach to a rotation..that's you making it work for you. I think it's easy to get sucked into a rotation made by someone else that you're somehow "not doing it" if you modify. Malarkey, I say. Do the rotation/any workout in a way that works for you.

Carol I have heard the workouts can be grueling so I am being mindful of that. I picked up the lives on VHS by SASE awhile back and those are the ones I will be plugging in. And haha, your nickname for the gi doctor!!

Christine walking and stretching is an excellent combination!

Donna and Dana are you getting close to a 3 day weekend? I hope so!

Today is Taebo day and Classical stretch I think. Yesterday was Start it up. I added On the ball pilates with Lizbeth Garcia. I'm not sure why it says beginners. It does start out slowly but if you're really intentional the workout isn't anything I could have done as a beginner. Adding her bonus to the main workout felt very intermediate to me!

Happy Thursday!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 08:57 AM  
donnamp

HI Everyone,

Today was:

Pahla B - Day 4 - Moderate Weights - she incorporates a lot of standing core and balance work which does make it difficult for me to go any heavier than 5 lbs. But i think that is what Pahla herself is using, LOL! Although, I do sometimes go lighter - 3s or no weight if I feel I need to.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Morning Yoga Challenge Day 4 - neck and shoulder stretches

Last night I did Ellen's Core Cardio from her streaming site for some additional movement. It is a pretty low key workout.

Brenda - glad that is done for you- i hope you get on the 7 year plan! And, I agree w/ Linda - make your way through the rotation at your pace.

Christine - yes, it has been so dreary and that just saps my motivation. Today looks to be sunny though so hopefully it will spark me to be more productive.

Carol - LOL on those names! So far, Pahla's workouts are not much different than what i had been doing with her - which was following her body shaping mini challenges. For next month, however, I am thinking about Trifecta Pilates and Jessica Smith. Always thinking ahead, lol!

Linda - good job!

Waves, Cheri - hope all is well on your end.

Waves, Dana -

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 02:40 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

J's Total Body from WS3

Carol, there is a Dr. Dimitri Kuznetsov, a urologist, in a local town that my husband saw once. It's pronounced a lot like, "cuts nuts off". I kid you not. He goes by "Dr. Dimitri".

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 02:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda in WA View Post
J's Total Body from WS3

Carol, there is a Dr. Dimitri Kuznetsov, a urologist, in a local town that my husband saw once. It's pronounced a lot like, "cuts nuts off". I kid you not. He goes by "Dr. Dimitri".
Haha

I can tell you already my husband would NEVER go..hehe. He literally doubles over if someone gets hit in the groin in a movie.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 09:12 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was the scheduled workout from Michelle's calendar on the beginner track:

Faithful Workouts - Beginner Cardio/Strength - 28 minutes

It was really easy - probably should have been in the "Getting Started" category. Michelle's 81 year old mother in law was Michelle's co-exerciser.

Linda - My ex used to take it personally whenever we would have a male dog neutered. He could hardly bring himself to agree to having it done.

Brenda - Oh my goodness - that's a dozy of a name! We have a family of funeral directors here with the last name of "Boxwell".

Donna - That's good to know that Pahla's workouts are similar to the body shaping weekly schedule. I know - I'm always looking ahead too. Actually that's a big part of my job as well.

Waves - I am tired and going to get in bed early and read my book.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 07:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Gina B - "Decades" DVD (I can't remember the name of it!) But i did the last 70's walk on the DVD plus warm-up and cool down. While the choreography is a bit disappointing in this set - it really feels the same for all the segments. I did get over 3,000 steps from this 15 min segment (plus warm-up/cooldown). So, that isn't bad.

Pahla B - Body Shaping Challenge Day 5 - This was core work on the floor. I actually really liked it - it seemed to hit all the right spots. I was thinking this wouldn't be a favorite of mine, but, surprise!

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge - Day 5 - Not much to say, but i am enjoying Kassandra - and I like that she is focusing more on Yin yoga, which was not really my thing before, but for some reason, I feel drawn to it so I will explore some of her longer yin practices as time allows.

Brenda, Linda and Carol - those are hilarious names for their chosen professions!! LOL! And, I don't get it about pet neutering and men....I mean, being spayed is a much bigger deal - IMHO. But, I secretly think that is why all of our dogs have been female, except for one male that was a rescue and had already had the deed done!

Speaking of thinking ahead, I have a crazy rotation idea - Gina B and Cassey Ho. I'm just not sure if I could handle all the 'perk' but it would be a very up beat rotation - they both use good music and both are fun. Cassey is more over the top than Gina. I'm sort of trying to figure out how I would put this together - maybe Gina for the cardio and Cassey for toning?

Hope everyone has a good weekend - at least it is a long one.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 06:50 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I haven't checked in since Sept 1st. It wasn't intentional but I ended up taking a few days off from workouts, people, internet and generally - the "world". I will probably take another day off tomorrow but will be back on Sunday with start of Week 5 of Forever Fit in 8 rotation which I was supposed to start this week but didn't. I'm determined to finish this Program! Good thing I enjoy it!

I got some bad news about my dear, long-time friend and it just made me very sad. Life is sometimes harsh, but we must carry on.

Seems like everyone here is doing well. I'm still debating whether of not I should try Jazzercise On Demand. If I have to think about it that hard, then maybe now is not the time.

Waves to everyone and I'll check in on Sunday.