Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-22-20, 03:52 PM  
YogaGal

I miss hanging out with all of you! No, I haven’t fallen off the earth, but rather into the grading rabbit hole. I had 3 different assignments to grade last week for 3 different classes in addition to modifying 2 more LibGuides. This week I have grading for 2 different assignments and a new LibGuide to create which will involve creating a couple of short videos.

My exercise last week consisted of

Monday: Jessica Smith’s 12-minute Arm Sculpting & 12-minute Booty Sculpting on YouTube and Sarah Beth’s 10-Minute Yoga Stretches for Wrists, Chest, & Shoulders

Tuesday: 30 Minutes of yoga with two Sarah Beth 15-Minute practices: 15-Minute Yoga to Unwind After Work Yoga and 15-Minute Mobility Yoga for Posture, Upper Back Pain, & Fix Rounded Shoulders

Wednesday: RaviAna’s Yoga Cleanse, Warmup and Love Your Liver sets.

Thursday: Jessica Smith’s Burn Fat & Have Fun, Stride & Step (first time wearing shoes for a workout in a long time)

Saturday: 30 Minutes of yoga with two Sarah Beth practices: 10-Minute Mobility Yoga for Neck & Shoulders and 20-Minute Yoga for Anxiety

This week:
Monday was Jessica Smith’s Boost Metabolism + Muscle, Upper Focus.
Today I did Jessica Smith’s Latin Dance Walk from her Dance Walk dvd.

Our weather is still above normal by several degrees everyday. We are still getting over 100 for highs, but staying under 105 at least.

Hope to check in sometime soon with some personals, but it's back to grading now.
Old 09-22-20, 10:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Beth - I enjoyed your Afternoon Yoga practice! Nice variations on a standing flow and loved the balance work.

Hi Carolyn!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 07:13 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I'm glad! The leg swings (I think I did those in that class?) I picked up from a local studio teacher; I also did them in my live class last week. Was the sound okay for you? I believe that was before I started using the external mic.

Carolyn, it definitely sounds like you have been busy! I think I need those Sarah Beth practices you did last Tuesday.

Happy Hump Day!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 09:45 AM  
JustSandra

Good morning!

No workout for me yesterday. Instead, I posted a "for sale" list on VF Roost and the responses have kept me busy. All of the CS/Essentrics titles I listed have already been spoken for! However, I still have a very healthy collection of same. Once I've dealt with those, I have another group I plan to offer on Share the Wealth (but will probably list them here first ).

Beth: Yesterday, my niece (the yoga instructor) did a special practice honoring the beginning of Fall. Her students hiked over to a nearby lake where they did a yoga practice on the shore, then enjoyed a silent meditation as they hiked back. The pictures she posted are beautiful!

Paine: I like the two upper body routines on Trudie's sculpting DVD -- I'll have to take another look at the lower body ones.

Cyana: Good for you for committing to regular workouts! But I'm sorry that you never seem to get a break from your demanding job.

Waving to all -- be back later (hopefully!) with today's workout!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 10:04 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Last night I did: Beth's Mindfulness Meditation, Guided Visualization - Leaves in the River and it was very relaxing. Today is my planned rest day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I did a sort of combo variation of both last night..... I have a storage cube with a padded lid that can double as a stool or seat, it’s a bit lower than standard chair height. With some padding under my knees, I knelt in front of it and put one calf on on top.
Pam, that sounds like a great stretch! I will have to try that. Thank you for telling us about it.

Sandra, Trudie's Lower Body #1 segment is my favorite from the Pure Sculpt DVD. It's been a long time since I've done the upper body work on that DVD and I will have to try those segments again.
Your niece's Fall yoga practice by the lake sounds lovely!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 11:12 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, your niece's class sounds wonderful! I saw your for sale list; I think you can count that as your workout, haha.

Paine, glad you liked the meditation! The students I've done it with (at the college) really seem to enjoy it. Also, I got lovely feedback from another VFer who said she has been using my meditations and finding them really helpful, so I was inspired to do it for her. Was the sound better for you on that one? I did use the external mic.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 12:37 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, the sound was better however, if you play other YouTube channels randomly, they are much louder. I could hear you fine but I did have to turn up the volume on my computer to hear you better.
Old 09-23-20, 05:00 PM  
Anny

Caroyn nice to see you! I feel your pain with marking papers. And like Beth I think those Sara Beth yoga practices sound just the thing for after work.

Sandra your niece’s outdoor hike and yoga class sounds cool. It must also be a good feeling to be sharing the wealth with the workouts you no longer want or need. I need to do the same with my books. I don’t like to keep too many and the collection is growing!

Continuing my yoga streak this week with some practices from the Thrive Through Yoga book by Nicola Jane Hobbs.
Old 09-23-20, 08:03 PM  
JustSandra

Hi again!

Today's Workout: Ellen Barrett Grace & Gusto. I enjoyed it enough this afternoon that it made the cut. G&G is more of an occasional "change of pace" routine rather than something I would want to do regularly, though.

I'm finding posting and selling on VF Roost kind of stressful! Everyone has been nice, but responding to PMs, getting shipping supplies, and making trips to the post office has kept me busy. Can't believe I used to sell and trade all the time. I'm glad that some of my items are going to new homes and that I'm making a little money, but after this I believe I am done with selling. In fact, I was thinking about how simply going with streaming would be, especially now that my tastes are becoming more and more focused. In most cases I now prefer e-books to physical books, so why not streaming to physical DVDs?

Paine: I'm definitely going to pull out Trudie's Pure Sculpt -- I figure it is kind of fusion-like so it fits this month's theme!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 10:40 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jari Ripped & Chiseled (Upper Body selections, 25 minutes)

I wanted to do a stretch or yoga practice after Jari but my DH called because he had a flat tire on his bike ride so I had to drive and fetch him. I was glad to rescue him.

Sandra, the post office where I lived before we moved to CA was not close to my house and so it was more difficult drive to the post office to ship DVDs. I realized it wasn't worth the time and effort involved so I understand how you feel about trading.
I still prefer my exercise DVDs over streaming because my DVDs are reliable and the internet is not reliable.

Tags
yoga headstand bench