Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-11-20, 07:49 AM  
SandyO

buff, I ended up doing more Dansique Fitness, and she's really growing on me. You are really getting in some good hikes and variety in workouts.

The adult bunnies seem to be gone, so no one eats the compost in the garden, but the baby living under the shed is growing nicely thanks to the special compost I bring her. Well, not all compost... I bring fresh kale and romaine along with the carrot peels and outer cabbage leaves. An adult from the other side of the neighborhood came sniffing around the shed which normally would be fine, but I don't want the adult eating the special baby food, plus one day baby came out while the adult was there, and the adult chased baby. Now I keep an eye out, and if the adult shows up and eats the food, I go out to shoo it away. I also saw a small bunny running around in the trapper's yard this morning, so it could be my baby out exploring, or maybe there is another newer life in the area!

Cooler temps here mean more trail miles in my future since the gnats will be gone. It's too bad at this point they will still just be hiking.

Yay! I see Ange is starting a 7 day series on Monday. Of course, Trifecta starts a 5 day on Saturday. Feast or famine.

Sandy O
Old 09-12-20, 08:20 AM  
buffmama

Couldn't get into Trifecta's challenge with the link mailed this AM. Guess I'm doing that tomorrow. Yoga Journal has a month long calendar since it's yoga month. That is where their practices that I did are. Very different from my usual and I get to learn stuff which is always cool. Don't know how to fit in the long practices but I'll do what I can. Today's pilates practice also grouped things in a new way which was interesting although I find the spinal flexion really important to try and increase my mobility. Working with different instructors gives me more confidence in my choices as I see how different people present the exercises.

Sandy - Yeah, for the bunny update. Buffboy and I get excited for each creature we see on our hikes. Even the snake who hissed at me since we don't usually see those. Thank goodness.
Old 09-12-20, 09:54 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Couldn't get into Trifecta's challenge with the link mailed this AM. Guess I'm doing that tomorrow. Yoga Journal has a month long calendar since it's yoga month. That is where their practices that I did are. Very different from my usual and I get to learn stuff which is always cool. Don't know how to fit in the long practices but I'll do what I can. Today's pilates practice also grouped things in a new way which was interesting although I find the spinal flexion really important to try and increase my mobility. Working with different instructors gives me more confidence in my choices as I see how different people present the exercises.

Sandy - Yeah, for the bunny update. Buffboy and I get excited for each creature we see on our hikes. Even the snake who hissed at me since we don't usually see those. Thank goodness.
The permissions were fixed, so I did Trifecta Day 1 after 9 am my time. As usual a well structured practice.

I like 20-30 minute max anymore. Even though I string multiple together, I like the idea of a built in break.

Variety of instruction and flow is very helpful.

Edit: I looked at Movement With Cailin. She looks good. I'll try her after the Trifecta and Ange challenges.
Old 09-12-20, 10:57 PM  
Vantreesta

Sorry I've been so bad about posting and replying!

Workouts were pretty much nothing this week after starting off strong. Tue was groceries,
Wed cleaning, Thu errands and starting Halloween decorating, yesterday was pretty much all decorating, only really stopped for meals. We only walked in the morning. But my village is all up as well as most of the other indoor stuff. Outside will wait a couple weeks and I have to trim bushes before I can put lights on them. My dad is here for a week so I probably won't be posting.

Have a great week and waves to all!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 06:36 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
The permissions were fixed, so I did Trifecta Day 1 after 9 am my time. As usual a well structured practice.

I like 20-30 minute max anymore. Even though I string multiple together, I like the idea of a built in break.

Variety of instruction and flow is very helpful.

Edit: I looked at Movement With Cailin. She looks good. I'll try her after the Trifecta and Ange challenges.
Agreed. 20-30 min each type of exercise is my happy place. For what it's worth: Cailin is probably my least favorite of all the new teachers. She's good but I think the others are better. That one class just stood out as informative. She has choppy transitions (some others do as well).
Old 09-15-20, 09:17 AM  
buffmama

I may ditch Robin's challenge. So many better options but I may just do it... Thought Trifecta was pretty good today for an upper body pilates workout - and that is big praise.

Vannie - Enjoy your time with your Dad and gearing up to your favorite time of year!

Helen - Hope all is well down under.
Old 09-15-20, 09:39 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
I may ditch Robin's challenge. So many better options but I may just do it... Thought Trifecta was pretty good today for an upper body pilates workout - and that is big praise.
I had the same thought on today's UB Trifecta. I have been burned in the past with instructors switching the challenges to private right after the end of the challenge, so I decided to do all three as posted in spite of having three classes Mon-Wed.

My butt is still not pain free. Walking is pretty much fine except steep up hills. I have tried a few jogging steps every few days, but it is still a no go. I have settled on a couple of Caroline's 10 minute workouts to keep up the rehab.

Sandy O
Old 09-17-20, 01:38 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Helen - Hope all is well down under.
Hey Buff! Thanks for asking. Slackened off posting due to lack of workouts after badly twisted my knee. Still not right - Dr. Google says it'll take 2-3 months and it's only been 3 weeks today. Walking without a visible limp, but I can feel the limp still, and get a firm reminder (pain) if I twist it at all.

Have been loaned a bike trainer (rear wheel of my bike goes into the gadget & it bluetooth's to an app) but my bike has been unused for so long the gears/cables need adjusting. My research has taught me about "indexing" them.

SANDY
How're your buttocks?

VANNIE
Did that power adaptor arrive yet?

BUFF
Totally agree that seeing how different instructors present moves gives you a better idea of how it's done with good form. If I only learned anything from Denise Austin..... well, you know. Even Cathe's very early forays into kickboxing had poor form - much better these days.

Speaking of which, and speaking of 20-30min workouts - I'm looking forward to Perfect30 more and more, especially with the hot weather on the way. Gym area has no A/C, only a large floor fan.

Will update my workouts shortly - promise!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 07:49 AM  
SandyO

Baby Bunny seems to have moved out. She was gone from Tue evening but stopped by Wed evening only to not stop by last evening. Now no one eats the garden compost, and the special bunny compost goes uneaten by the shed. Sad.

I almost think my pain in the butt from the track session is better, but the extra rehab, butt workouts, pilates, and yoga may have re-ignited the ongoing pain in the hammie/butt junction. Plus we have been enjoying longer walks in the park because it's finally bug free which may be straining it as well. Now to decide whether to push through or pull back. I'll probably finish this week out with the planned workouts but back off of the butt workouts, pilates, and yoga next week.

Sandy O
Old 09-19-20, 06:47 AM  
buffmama

Sandy - Sorry your bunny moved on. Today 'meditation' was about nature and how soothing it is because there is no beginning and end so the mind can just let things go. This when I was thinking it's cold to go hiking! (Yes, I obviously live/like a different climate than you and Vannie!)

I'm a big proponent of if it hurts don't do it. I say rest up until it feels better. Maybe get some boxing in? I went through those when my foot was healing.