Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-22-09, 03:49 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Shoe inserts! What a relief!!

I am out of town for a few days, and wanted to walk outside. I am still having an issue with tendonitis in my left achillies tendon and I was not sure if I would be able to do it. My DH suggested getting shoe inserts with shock cushioning. I tried them and oh, what a difference!!! I am soooo happy! My feet felt great, not one bit of pain! Why did I not try this a long time ago. I am headed back to get another pair for my crosstrainers. I will not work out without these again. Sorry, just had to share

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 03:50 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfit41
I am out of town for a few days, and wanted to walk outside. I am still having an issue with tendonitis in my left achillies tendon and I was not sure if I would be able to do it. My DH suggested getting shoe inserts with shock cushioning. I tried them and oh, what a difference!!! I am soooo happy! My feet felt great, not one bit of pain! Why did I not try this a long time ago. I am headed back to get another pair for my crosstrainers. I will not work out without these again. Sorry, just had to share

Sherry
What kind did you get??

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 04:08 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

It was not Dr. Scholls, but I got them at Walmart in the shoe section. They had two to choose from, I made sure and got the ones with the shock absorption, and gel cushioning. I dont remember the brand

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 04:34 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Sherry - I can understand the relief. Several months ago, I told my rheumatologist that the arthritis in my feet was worsening. She replied I had very little arthritis in my feet. In other words, she basically said, "What arthritis in your feet?" Anyway, turns out I don't have a fat pad most people have on the bottom of the ball of my foot, so I'm basically walking on bone. (A genetic gift from Mom...) I got custom orthotics. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! The pain almost immediately went away.

It's amazing what a little cushioning can do for the foot. Enjoy the difference!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-09, 08:44 AM  
suebella
VF Supporter

They are expensive, but Superfeet are terrific inserts, especially for those who do a lot of hiking or running.

Glad you found some relief! Enjoy your walks!

http://www.superfeet.com/

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
- Author Unknown, but definitely not me.
suebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-09, 10:34 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I wish I would have listened to my doctor a couple years earlier! He told me that the swelling in my knees was due to arthritic changes and that my cardio workouts was most likely irritating my knees and to buy a pair of insoles for my shoes. He did say it wasn't fat, which made me feel better instantly.

I finally broke down a month ago and bought a pair of insoles that supposedly was to help with knee pain. It was a pair of Dr. Scholl's from Wally's World. What a HUGE difference these insoles have made. I am really kicking myself for not doing this a couple of years ago.

Do yourself a favor and buy a pair of insoles. It is so much cheaper than replacing your shoes, which might not even help. It never helped me.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-09, 11:37 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebella
They are expensive, but Superfeet are terrific inserts, especially for those who do a lot of hiking or running.

Glad you found some relief! Enjoy your walks!

http://www.superfeet.com/
My mom got me superfeet last summer. I am totally flat-footed and these make a HUGE difference, and I use them anytime I wear my sneakers.
Old 02-23-09, 01:49 PM  
pgun3

Do superfeet have insoles for very high arches?
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-09, 02:42 PM  
videofit

I couldn't do without my Good Feet arch supports. Unlike over the counter products, they are personally fitted by trained staff. It takes about forty-five minutes but is worth it, as is the price. I've had mine for many years. My chiropractor recommended them.

Good Feet

If you are looking for cushioning only, and not support, then any Dr. Scholl's will do.
Old 02-23-09, 06:51 PM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3
Do superfeet have insoles for very high arches?
If you have high arches you might prefer "Powerstep" inserts. I had ordered a couple of different inserts including Superfeet from a website and found the "Powerstep" best for me: http://www.feetrelief.com/feetrelief/high_arch_page.htm
--Feetrelief.com offers a 30-day money back return or exchange guarantee. The customer service (David Fisher -- the owner/manager) is great. You just have to call first to make any exchange.

Tags
inserts, insoles, orthotics, superfeet