Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-23-20, 07:40 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I didn't sleep well last night - so I got up late and had limited time, but I did:

Faithful Workouts - Yoga in the Barn - from the DVD set that just came out. This was a traditional flow but enjoyable.

I plan to walk or do something else later....

Yesterday DD and I took a walk at lunch and then I did CS 1315 after work.

Carol - yes, Faithful Workouts is hitting the spot for me these days, I am even enjoying yoga again! So much so I'm considering doing one of Denika's yoga programs that I purchased...but first I'll see what the Over 40 challenge is all about.

Cheri - Gov't bureaucracy, what more can I say? I work for a local gov't so I can totally see how and why things are slow.

Linda - I have the S90 set, I remember when it was all the rage to pick it up and Bed, Bath and Beyond. Ask me if I used it - no! But, I really should give it a go. I have heard it is easy enough to modify and that people got good results from it.

Brenda - I like your new Avatar.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 01:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

Cheri if you are gonna make calls at this point, I'd start ringing up your state reps to get some action.

Carol I never bought S90 during it's heyday. One of the many bandwagons that I was never fast enough to jump on, lol! Picked it up a couple years ago at Goodwill and finally felt like I could manage it. I tried to do P90x many years ago but I never could manage it and traded it away. I did do Power half hour and Power 90 (remember those?). I have toyed with trying to pick up Power 90 Master series. I may have to as slow as DVD production is now.

Donna so far I have only done one S90 workout but this one was a brisk pace. In order to do my 3 sets and lift the weight I chose, I had to pause the DVD. I didn't mind bc I was playing my music. You probably know modifications for most moves and can increase/decrease the weights to your ability. The warmup is mobility in nature but not enough imho. However, I loved the no time wasted aspect and the workout. He's solid and I like the sequence and body split he uses. I think this no nonsense for my upper body is perfect with the fun lower body I am doing.

So I already changed the rotation yesterday, lol. I did Hessel's AM Pilates instead of my CS cardio. Today was CS #1114 spine flexibility and I added KV's Half and Half warm-up to S90 Chest/Back.

Wednesday waves to all especially Dana, Brenda, and Christine!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 05:42 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I did

Faithful Workouts - Pazaz & Yoga Intervals - 31 minutes;
Walk - 25 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Reset Retreat - Day 1 Posture - 10 minutes

Pazaz & Yoga Intervals was what I expected - a cardio routine, followed by a yoga type routine. There was a little pilates mixed into the yoga for good measure. This was filmed at a church; Mojo was on set and in the video a good bit. That was one big dog!

I've been noticing that my posture has been awful lately - that means it's time for me to make some time for pilates.

Linda - Good job! I think I may be one of the few people on the planet who hasn't owned a copy of P90X; I've never done the power half hour rotation either. Not sure why.

Donna - Good workout! Yoga in the Barn is one of the new ones that I haven't done yet. Glad you are enjoying yoga again! I'm interested to see what Michelle's Over 40 Challenge will involve. She hasn't said much about workouts - do you think there will be a workout of the day each day?

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 07:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Essentrics Body Reshaping & Posture w/ Amanda

I did set a meeting for myself at noon and I will either walk then or do one of my Faithful Workouts -I'm on to disc # 2 now, so I'll do whatever is first!

Last night I squeezed in a CS episode. And during my "meeting with me" I did housework. I think for as long as I'm working from home I need a 30 min "meeting with me" to take a break from the desk, move around, exercise, walk or do housework.

Carol - my posture suffers terribly - I'm finding the Classical Stretch/Essentrics to be helping a lot in that regard and also with making me move less like a little old lady. So, that is good.

I think MoJo may have been a Newfie or part Newfie - he is big. I had a Newfie a long time ago - she was 120 lbs in her prime, but truly a gentle giant. When I think about it now I realize my two dogs (Lab and Golden) combined are about her size, LOL!

I'm not sure if Michelle is going to post daily workouts w/ the Over 40 challenge. I guess we could always follow the calendar on the site, if we wanted structure and if she doesn't post workouts. She did mention something about Live workouts, but those can be hard to fit in during the day - although i think she posts them on You Tube later.

All that being said, the mention of new Jessica workouts has my eye wandering, LOL! So, if Michelle doesn't post workouts, I may do Jessica's workouts and follow along w/ the rest of Michelle's challenge - food & faith. We shall see...

i was eyeing Jessica's "Healthy for the Holidays" challenge since she mentioned it in her newsletter. I like that it is only 5 scheduled days a week. We'll see though.... LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!

I got the news I was waiting for at work - so I'm going to be going back to my old department as an "advisor" - basically a supervisor who has no power, LOL, in that my boss is the supervisor who does the performance reviews but I review the work, provide input in the review, etc. So we shall see about that, too.....hopefully the change will happen in the next two weeks, although I suspect it will be more like four weeks b/c it has to be at the beginning of a pay period and we are just finishing one up now.

Waves,

Donna
Old 09-24-20, 09:46 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

WATP Express - Super Challenge. It's a 4 mile walk - about 50min. Hopefully my hip won't bother me later today. I did enjoy it.

I had an early morning appt. for my final crown and I did this walk after I came back. I'm super happy with my new dentist, but I'm (and my wallet!) is equally happy. I'm done until my Jan 2021 cleaning.

Off to run errands. Waves to all!
Old 09-24-20, 11:00 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna you're going back to your old dept? Does that mean the new position is something you didn't like?

Dana ahh a reprieve from seeing the dentist!! Yay!!

Carol Power half hour I don't think made much of a splash with people. Plus it had Tony. (He doesn't bother me.)
It came out when people wanted to work out a long time. Bet if it came out now people would give it a warmer reception.

I totally agree about keeping pilates in for posture. I have to do pilates and/or CS for my posture, too. I know this makes me sound like an exercise dictator but I force my husband to do some of the things I have learned. He starts to act achy ....Me: come here ..Him: noooo I don't wanna stretch.

Today was all about fun..BBL Cardio Axe plus Bum Bum Live. The name on this set always turned me off. I'm so glad I got over it because I am enjoying them and they really are great simultaneous ab workouts.

Sending you all Happy Friday wishes!!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 09-25-20, 05:49 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workouts were:

Faithful Workouts - Ecuador Workout - Lower, Upper, Core & Power Stretch - 31 minutes;
Pilates Nest - PNMC Day 7, Full Body Fusion - 11 minutes

Michelle's workout was filmed outside of a hostel that she and her husband were staying at - at 11,000 feet. She must be in really good shape - I know she lives in the Denver area, and that's 10,000 feet - but still, to be working out at 11,000 feet is impressive to me. I liked this workout a lot. Michelle cranked the music up and did it voiceover; equipment was a resistance loop and a band with handles.

I can tell I've been slacking on my pilates practice. For whatever reason, I lose my progress in pilates faster than anything. It's like I really need to do it every day or I immediately lose any improvements I've made.

Linda - You are not an exercise dictator; you're just trying to save DH from himself. That's mostly what wives do, I think.

Dana - Dental work being is great news! So glad you found a dentist that you are comfortable with. That is so important.

Donna - I think you are right about Mojo being part Newfie. I hadn't thought about that, but that is what he looks like and acts like. They are such gentle dogs! Congrats on the job change! A "supervisor without power" sounds a little interesting. I saw that mention of new workouts from Jessica too - I figure they are a few months off, so I'm not going to get excited yet. Maybe they will be Christmas/New Year releases.

Waves to all - TGIF!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-20, 08:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...catching up - ---Yesterday at lunch I did Faithful Workouts - Drop Down Weights - Michelle did a circuit of 3 exercises first 15 reps, then 10, then 5, then switched to another circuit. The time did go by fast and it was a nice quick workout to do at lunch. I also walked after work with DD.

This morning was - Faithful Workouts - Everything Workout -and this was truly everything - Pazaz (cardio dance), Multi-Muscle (4 limb stuff), standing core, kickboxing, floor legs, core on the floor and a stretch. It packed a lot in! She changed workout styles with each song change.

I also did CS 1009 - Stress relief - this was an all-floor work class.

I think for my lunch break today I will do some Yoga...

Dana - hope your hips survived Leslie - I do enjoy the indoor walking, but can't do it day after day - but the nice long walks are good to do once in awhile.

Linda -yea, the job just wasn't a good fit for me - I'm a word person and this job was 95% numbers. my supervisor wants me to debrief her and I think I will mention that what she really needs is a number person - b/c the position is not entry level and people are expecting you to know the answers. I'm much more comfortable with words and writing and the job I'm going into is about 90% writing/10% numbers, that is a better mix for me. I had Power Half Hour back in the day - they were good workouts - I used to do 2 of them back to back. The set was pretty uninspiring, but I think the workouts were good. Now I would probably do one a day, LOL! Tony doesn't bother me either - he is goofy, but that is ok.

Carol - I think I have done that workout before - Michelle really is in great shape, she reminds me of the energizer bunny. I think it will be awhile before Jessica releases anything new. I was thinking that if Michelle doesn't release w a workout calendar with the Over 40 challenge that I would do the Fruit of the Spirit program I purchased. It is 9 weeks, there are 2 yoga workouts and 2 cardio/strength workouts each week so I could fit in some other things as well. This may get me close to December and then I may do Denika's 31 day yoga program to end this crazy year. But, that is getting too far ahead of myself, LOL - tomorrow I'll probably want to do something else.

Hope everyone has a good day - Happy Friday!

Donna
Old 09-25-20, 12:36 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna that fruit of the spirit program sounds well rounded! I'm glad you were able to find a better fit for you. It's good you tried the job and know for certain it doesn't work for you than always wonder.

Carol.. exercising at 11000 feet ?! Yikes..it makes me pass out thinking about it! And you're right, I'm trying to save him from himself. It does wear on you to feel like the bad guy for something silly though.

Today was Xtrain Bi/Tri warmup plus S90 Shoulders/Arms. I used resistance bands for the last circuit and the diamond pushups had me on my knees, lol. Great workout!! Doing the Xtrain warmup had me missing that series which is good!

Old 09-26-20, 07:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Essentrics Connective Tissue Workout w/ Miranda
Margaret's Unplugged 2024

I had to stand for a long time yesterday - long story, but my DD had a horse event - I thought she'd be able to go by herself but since she is under 18 I had to go as well - it was a bit of a surprise and a scramble, I wish they had told us beforehand. But, I ended up standing for several hours and my back felt pretty good - which is a testament to being consistent w/ CS. I really need to keep it in my life - trouble is, getting distracted w/ other workouts!

Linda - yes, it was good to try...but I'm ready to move on!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna