Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-09-20, 08:03 AM  
donnamp

ooops ---forgot personals!

wishiwasinhawaii - glad you took the day off for Labor Day!! I looked over at Jessica's Spring Ahead challenge and I may do that in a few weeks. There is a lot of variety and I feel variety helps me to stay injury free.

Sherry - I think it may be that Pahla uses a lot of the same movements/exercises and maybe it can lead to over use injuries? Jessica's workouts and rotations are great b/c there is so much more variety - and I think that helps to keep injures away.

Pam - you are on a Leslie kick!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 08:01 PM  
Leonana

Today I did one of my favorite Jessica you tube workouts, Back Friendly Strength workout. I did two hours of filing for the hospice. I missed last Thursday because of my illness, so went in a day early.

Has anyone else been having issues with memory or making mistakes? I felt bad because I had the wrong cell number for the woman in charge of the volunteer filing. I texted but didn't reach her, so they called me when I didn't come in last Thursday. I checked and triple checked her number when I entered it into my phone. I feel like this is happening to me a lot lately, I think it's stress.

Donna, I'm imagining you three sneaking out behind Bailey's back, lol.
Old 09-10-20, 07:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

CocoLime - Cardio Walk - this was pretty meh. I am not a big fan of her cardio workouts, so no real surprise that I didn't like this one all that much. But, I gave it a go and it was a good warm-up this morning.

Jessica Valent - Hip Mobility- this was a good routine. Jessica is a PT and her expertise shines through in her workouts - this is a routine I should incorporate at least a few times a week to work on hip and lower back tightness.

Sherry - I haven't done that workout from Jessica yet, believe it or not!! I think we all have a lot going on and a lot on our minds, so it is easy to forget things. I know I recently totally messed up the date on something - I forgot what week we were in and asked that something be returned to me on a date that had already passed! UGH! We wait until Bailey is sleeping before we go out - she sleeps like an old dog these days, pretty deeply.... It is sad to see them age.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Pam!!

Donna
Old 09-10-20, 09:15 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was a resistance workout from 22 Minute Hard Corps. It's raining here, so I'm going to do some grocery shopping and stop off at a clothing donation bin to get rid of some things.

Sherry, I messed up the days this week and thought Tuesday was Monday, so I forgot to put the garbage out. I've been noticing things like that are happening more often now and I think it's because of stress, like Donna said, but also because all the days feel the same since I'm home all the time.

Donna, I had never done the Back Friendly Strength workout until Sherry mentioned it in a previous post. It's great!

Pam, I'm going to have to try Leslie's Walk and Tone. That sounds like just what I'm looking for.
Old 09-10-20, 02:54 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I took yesterday off. My knees were hurting a bit from the 5 miles the day before. Today did Gina B's Total Body Circuit (Lower Body.)

wishiwasinhawaii, good luck finding that particular workout! I've seen it on ebay, but I don't believe Amazon or some of the other fitness sites have it anymore. It came out around the same time as Punch Up Your Walk and also Walk Off Even More Weight. It's in the Walk Your Way Thin series of workouts. There were kits sold in either Target or Walmart that had gadgets with each DVD. With Walk and Tone, it came with two resistance bands. The others had either weighted gloves, weighted belt, or ankle cuff bands for Belly, Buns and Thighs.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 02:59 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
ooops ---forgot personals!

Pam - you are on a Leslie kick!!

Donna
I began the New Year with Leslie walks this year! I burned out in about a months time of doing mostly her miles, but she is really great!

Current Rotation:
Old 09-10-20, 03:08 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Has anyone else been having issues with memory or making mistakes? I feel like this is happening to me a lot lately, I think it's stress.
I also feel like I'm in some sort of brain fog. Stressful situations make things worse for me. My mom drives me crazy because she's so high (stress, drama, anxiety) plus needy. When she interrupts my workouts I have such a hard time getting back to what I was doing and it breaks my mood.

But many days I wake up and never feel quite with the program. I've been horrible with keeping up with simple things like housework since the pandemic. Maybe because we don't have the added pressure of having company dropping in now.

Current Rotation:
Old 09-10-20, 07:16 PM  
Leonana

Today I did some yard work, then did Jessica's 21 Day Low Impact HIIT. It's so nice to workout again.

Thanks everyone for relating to the effects of stress. TBH, I think some of it is coming from my Friday lunches with my friends from my homeschooling days. They think the virus is over hyped, yada yada. I think our beliefs and values are just so different that it makes it stressful. I either have to keep quiet, or we end up debating. Not a good feeling. I'm not going tomorrow, still iffy about next week. It's hard, because we used to have some things in common, and now I'm feeling we don't have a point of connection. But it's hard to let go, when you've been socializing with people for years.

In good news, the high was 91 today! It was 70, this morning, I actually got cold lol. The past two days have been so nice, such a difference from the over 110 temps. It’s supposed to be 103 on Saturday, but it’s still so much better. I’ve been in such a good mood today over the weather!

Donna, it is hard when our dogs age. Hugs.

Pam, I know it must be very stressful dealing with a difficult parent in normal times, must less now. Company does make you clean! I've had the same problem, but have been getting more in gear today, probably because of the weather.

wishiwasinhawaii, that's true, one day is like another. I'm glad you like the Back Friendly workout too.
Old 09-11-20, 08:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Classical Stretch 1223 - I think that was the episode. It was on Disc 4 and was all standing, I picked it b/c I had Disc 4 out and I wanted an all standing workout! LOL!

Jessica Valent - Weights on the Mat - what is sounds like - floor work for upper and lower body!

Jessica Valent - 5 min inner thigh - also what is sounds like!

Jessica Valent - Neck Stretches - from You Tube - my neck has been feeling stiff this week!

Yesterday mid-day I did a Lucy Wyndham Read circuit workout to try to get some energy flowing. I like the simplicity of throwing her stuff in mid-day sometimes.

-----

Random thoughts:

I have also been suffering from lack of motivation to keep up with things during this pandemic - you would think I would be getting to all those projects I was "saving" for when I had the time -but, nope, just the bare minimum happening here.

Pam, I hear you on the mom thing, my mom, as you know, passed away in May and although I feel guilty saying this - it was a relief on some level. She was absolutely miserable and it was really draining dealing with her - she was never going to be happy or right with the world, so as awful as it is to say, it is a relief that it is over. I know that sounds terrible to say. But dealing with all of that is a huge drain on adult children who have their own worries and woes. My goal is not to repeat the behavior w/ my daughter, if I can help it.

Sherry - Yea, I can imagine those lunches becoming stressful. Is there any way to avoid that topic of conversation and talk about other things? I also think sometimes you just grow apart from people. I had a close friend when my DD was little and we had a falling out - it was more of a silent falling out - basically, there was an incident that occurred that made me realize that perhaps we were not "true" friends, and it was sad to realize it.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna
Old 09-11-20, 11:58 PM  
Leonana

Today I did some filing for the hospice, to make up for missing a day last week. This evening I did Jessica’s prenatal you tube workout, 30 Minute Strength. After that I rode my bike for 20 minutes while watching a you tube video.

Donna, I had motivation last spring when I painted my house, then I seemed to lose it over the summer. I feel it coming back, probably because it’s getting a bit cooler. Regarding my friends, it was my fault last week, I brought up the topic. But even when I don’t, they make comments frequently, which I find irritating. I think you are right, people grow apart. And with the virus, a difference in beliefs can be life threatening. I’m taking a chance already going to a restaurant. I want to be with people who are on the same page as me with regard to precautions. I’m sorry about your former friend, it is sad.

Tags
jessica smith get strong