Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-20, 07:43 PM  
Leonana

Today was the Total Body Stretch from Jessica’s MFP Fall Back Into Fitness series. It helped work out the soreness in my right side, in my shoulder, glute and foot. I wonder why this happens on the right, maybe because I’m right handed and tend to put my weight on my right foot while standing. I noticed Jessica had some similar moves for stretching the glutes as Doctor Jo, although Jessica did them standing.

Donna, that does sound like a busy day. I hope your pressure tank is an easy fix. I can see why Pahla feels comforting, I feel like she really cares about the women who work out with her.

Pam, I was just thinking today about how our feet change with age. So many things I didn’t know about aging, like you have to spend more money on shoes lol.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii!
Old 08-17-20, 08:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B- 30 Min Low Impact & Standing Abs workout - it was a "push day" on her mini-challenge body shaping calendar and this one did feel like a push to me. 50 seconds of work; 10 seconds of rest.

Pilates & Yoga w/ Katja - Good Morning Pilates - I enjoyed this one and have enjoyed the few I have tried from her channel.

So, the pressure tank.....the weird part of this whole thing is it is now dry as a bone. no sign of a leak or anything. So, now we are stumped as to where all the water came from on Saturday???!!!

Sherry - my right side is my tight side as well - although I am left handed - sometimes it is my left hip that feels it - but when I used to go to the chiropractor he said my right side was "all bunched up"

Pam - I'm going to have to google that gadget!! I generally like my toes to be covered up, too, I feel that otherwise, i need to have polish on them and it is a pain to keep up with it and keep the polish looking nice and fresh. I'm pretty low maintenance, LOL!

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Hope everyone has a good day.

I'm off from work this week - no real plans - just puttering. But, that is fine w/ me. We may buy a new car, so many places are having 0% financing and we have a fleet of old cars to trade in.

Take care -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 04:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Today I had trouble deciding which DVD to use, but I knew I wanted to try tubing or stretch bands. So I did Ellen's Tone Every Inch and Stott Pilates Total Body Tone with Tubing. That Stott workout was pretty shoulder intensive right away, and I had to stop to find long enough tubing when you're standing and have to stretch overhead for some compound moves. It was a good workout but I might put that one on the back burner and work up to it, LOL.

Have a good day all!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 05:36 PM  
Leonana

Today I did Jessica's 40 minute chair workout, It was harder than I thought, it really works your legs and arms. She set it up so that it accessed three videos, one after the other-cardio, strength then yoga. The first two were 37 minutes, and the Chair Yoga was 15 minutes. I skipped the chair yoga, as I ran out of time. I had to go with dd to Costco for her eye appointment.

I think I'm going to look for a used upright bike, so I can do more challenging cardio.

My foot is feeling better. Now I'm finding the newer Birks, with the plastic upper, to work better than my more expensive pair with the leather upper. Probably because the newer pair has two straps instead of the one strap.

Donna, I'm glad the pressure pump is okay. I hope you find the cause of the leak. Good luck with car shopping.

Pam, I have to use a long tube with Jessica's workouts, otherwise I can't get it over my head!
Old 08-18-20, 08:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back to Ellen today -

Ellen's Fusion Flow - I really enjoyed this today. I always do think about what would happen if I just did Ellen and Pilates and Walking. Ellen's workouts are just feel good.....

We still don't understand about the flood on Saturday and how or why it mysteriously disappeared. We're also still figuring out what to do re: our car situation. And, the public schools here have totally messed up the schedules for H.S. Ugh. I won't go into details but suffice it to say there was a lot of miscommunication and poor coordination and it really makes me wonder how they are going to pull off on-line school and/or manage to get letters of recommendation and transcripts out for those applying to college!! UGH.

Pam - I think I have that Ellen workout!!!

Sherry - That is a nice long workout!! I have a recumbent bike and I really should use it more for cardio -

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii

Donna
Old 08-18-20, 12:48 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello Ladies,

Last night I did Jessica's Dance Walk and today I did the Latin Walk from the same DVD. Felt I wasn't getting enough cardio so I'm going to try to do a mile or two each day with other stuff.

The other stuff...I also did Tanja Djelevic's resistance cord workout and loved it and I really like using the Gaiam covered cords/bands so want to continue to focus on strength training. So much for my barre/fusion rotation, though I still may throw in some pilates and balance ball here and there.

Tanja is really terrific and the workout was so good working front body, back body and core! Very thorough and such pleasant scenery.

Donna, there is always something with owning a house and maintenance. That always seems to be the case around here, too. I guess the good thing is you didn't have an added expense right now, even though the flood remains a mystery.

Sherry, I've thought of getting recumbent bike, too! I just don't have any more space unless I unload my treadmill or stair climber which don't get much use.

April Focus:
Old 08-19-20, 07:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B- 25 Min Walk & Tone for Women Over 50 - this was one of Pahla's walking w/ weights workouts which I typically enjoy. 30 seconds of walking/30 seconds of weight work. She did mention the importance of concentrating on your muscles when working out to get the best workout - and while that makes total sense, it is not something I do often - so I tried it during this workout and it did make the exercises feel more effective, surprise, surprise!

Jessica Valent - 25 Min Full Body Pilates workout - this is one she published on You Tube, but I suspect is in her membership site, too.

Yesterday I got a walk in and ended up with over 10K steps for the day.

Pam - I enjoy those walks from Jessica's "early DVD" days! You are really making me want to check out my Gaiam collection - I even have some on VHS!!

Waves Sherry and wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna
Old 08-19-20, 12:30 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did the Stride and Strength Walk from Jessica's Strength and Balance DVD (Walk On 3 DVD set.) Quick paced walk with compound strength moves! Good stuff. Followed up with Kimberly Spreen's 10 Minute Solution Fitness Ball (Butt and Thigh Tone up and Ultra Stretch segments.) That stretch was bliss and felt so good!

Have a good day!

April Focus:
Old 08-19-20, 05:14 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was a couple of hours of walking with my friend during our Goodwill shopping day. Today was Jessica's Upper Body Barre from You Tube. I found a small, dense foam type of ball at Goodwill. I think it will work really well with Jessica's ball videos. I find I can't grip the Barre ball I have now, even with it less inflated, my fingers just can't grab it. But I can grab this smaller ball pretty easily.

Thank you both for mentioning the back strap on a sandal offering more support. I realized that the straps were stretching out on my sandals. I tightened the one strap on my Birks, and my feet feel so much better. I just got my Maddens in today, and made sure both straps are snug. And then I ordered a third pair of shoes, lol. My friend loves Clarks, and I ordered the style she has, with a back strap, in black. It was on sale, about 50% off, so the price was pretty good. It got good reviews on Amazon from people with PF. Now that my feet are feeling better, I can quit posting my exciting foot stories, lol.
Old 08-19-20, 07:19 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Hi! Sorry I've been MIA lately. I had a job interview last week that went really well and now I have an interview with the guy who would be my manager on Friday, so I've been busy preparing for that. I really wasn't looking for a job so I'm not sure if I want to do this, but I guess it doesn't hurt to look into to. It would be a lot more work than my current job because it would be a step up from what I do now, so I'm not sure I want to take that on at this point. On the other hand, I've been stagnating at my current job for years and I need a change, but this might be too much of a change after 15 years.

I've really fallen off on my workouts. I did half a yoga routine last night and that's all I've done all week. I need to get back on track tomorrow. I might restart Calm & Strong because I don't even remember where I left off. Or I might just do random workouts depending on what I'm in the mood for.

At work they sent us a link to some workouts we could do from home and some are from Jessica! I've never seen them before but they all seem to be from Gaiam and her husband appears in some. Are these old?

Glad to hear you're all doing well!

Tags
jessica smith get strong