Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-20, 02:58 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSandra View Post
Have tried to post several times -- keep getting the 500 server error!
That happened to me last week. I hope you can post soon.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 03:11 PM  
Anny

Hi everyone, I’ve had trouble signing into VF - not sure why but it seems to be fixed now.

I’m still continuing my Joyce Vedral rotation, alongside walking or Leslie for cardio. Last week I did the 12 Minute workout with heavier weights than suggested by Joyce and this week I am trying the College Dorm workout. I’m using Joyce’s books rather than DVDs.

Hope to catch up on personals later today!
Old 11-09-20, 09:12 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Continuing to have trouble with the 500 error.

Sunday's Workout: Jessica Smith's Total Body Cardio Sculpting on YouTube, one of the selections for Day 8 of Jessica's Healthy For the Holidays rotation. This was a speedy little 20-minute routine of non-stop weight training which also had a mild cardio effect. Unfortunately Peanut wasn't in this one.

Today’s Workout: Interval Walk on Jessica’s first Walk Strong set. This is the one with the mountain climbers. Not my favorite -- just an uncomfortably frantic routine.

I got in a 1-hour walks yesterday and today.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 09:13 PM  
JustSandra

Re apples, I like Fuji. A friend of mine with a pet snake once told me that the snake was also partial to Fujis.

Beth: Jane Fonda's Workout With Weights was one of my very first VHS tapes, and I used it extensively. When I lived in San Francisco for a short while I went to Jane Fonda's Workout Studio in Union Square. They did have a few of her earliest tapes for sale behind the front desk, but at that time VCRs were very expensive and I didn't own one. The studio was getting complaints from nearby stores about the jumping, so the instructors were experimenting with quieter cardio moves -- some of which probably ended up in Jane's Low Impact Aerobics workout! BTW I had heard that Jane herself would come by when she was in town but I never saw her.

Yogapam: I hope you get to meet Alice!

Cyana: Thanks for telling us about the B Strong program. Sounds very different from anything I've seen before.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 10:40 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts....I continue to keep it gentle as I sort out this hip thing...
~Neighbourhood walk
~40 min gentle rebounding - reviewing anatomy videos yet again....
~Essentrics class on zoom
~Katy Bowman Alignment Snack: Hips Don’t Lie They Sit
~Active release to hips & psoas
~Steps: 10,614

Sandra - Very cool that you went to Jane’s studio! I can imagine the hi/lo & step classes were noisy for the neighboring businesses. I look forward to connecting with Alice! I met her briefly a couple of years ago when I did a live class in Victoria. I’m very excited she has moved to my neighbourhood!

Anny, Sherry, Sandra, & Beth - That 500 server error is getting more common. I hope Wendy will be able to pop in soon and sort out the bugs in the system.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 01:48 AM  
Anny

Pam it is frustrating to get that error! I hope your hip improves.

Sandra I had Jane Fonda’s Complete Workout on VHS. I hear you about that frantic feel of Jessica’s interval workout: I dislike the rushing from one move quickly to another that is used to note in some of Jillian Michaels’ workouts.

Just home from work and off to do modified lower body from JV’s College Dorm workout.
Old 11-10-20, 09:04 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I posted a quick greeting first and then will edit - hopefully this will bypass the dreaded 501.

Last night I attended the Monday night psoas class. The four-pack educational series was so popular they put it on the schedule as a regular 75 minute length class. She included a plank with rotations that I subbed Pilates crisscross for. We also worked on navasana/boat pose which I am ridiculously weak at and barely capable.

Sandra that is so cool you attended Jane's studio! I had all her tapes back in the day, and a couple of years ago started on a Jane Renaissance and I've got all the old ones that are available on DVD plus all the "new" ones from 2011. I keep hoping they will put the step and yoga ones on DVD.

Anny, I stopped doing Jessica's workouts. Love her as a person, but we have different exercise wavelengths.

Pam, was your active release psoas and hips of your own design?

Sherry - I thought of you this weekend. BJ's had multi-packs of pumpkin. I'm trying to find a WW friendly pumpkin treat to make for Thanksgiving since it looks like my family will not be visiting each other's houses this year.

Waves to one and all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 10:37 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, have you looked at the Skinnytaste blog? I am sure she has healthy pumpkin recipes on there.

This morning I did:

Body Project-boxing intervals with Daniel. I really enjoy him, but I don't know if I will do this one again. I can't do all upper body for a half hour. It bugs my neck and shoulder. Plus, I am so used to the perfectly syncrhonized and flowing Body Combat workouts. Some of these combos were just awkard

I added on a "mini beats" 11 minute cardio

Lastly, I did Yoga Su for neck, shoulders and spine. I feel tight from the boxing. I may do a Yoga Ranger upper body practice later.

I'll be back for personals later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 10:58 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Morning! Busy work day for me today (and tomorrow too! ), but when my 10 am client no-showed, I did the Health practice from 7 Minutes of Magic.

I having been trying to remember to copy the text from my posts before submitting; that way, if I get the dreaded error, I can try again.

Sandra, very cool about the Jane Fonda studio in the 80s! I would have been waiting for her to show up too.

Sherry, I don't like awkward choreo either.

Pat, great that there is a regular class as follow-up to the workshop! Is it in person? I'm still getting used to teaching wearing a mask.

Anny, how has your spring weather been? We've been experiencing an usual heat wave on the east coast - a week of days in the 70s!

Pam, do you have all the Alignment Snacks? I don't have the one you mentioned but have about 6, I think. I like them when I remember to do them...I do wish they were more like 20-25 minutes.

Next client is here so must run - WAVES to anyone I missed!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 05:33 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

This year's flu shot knocked me down for several days. I finally did something today.

Beth's Be Kind To Your Spine and I did floor work with hip bands instead of ankle weights, plus squats. Gotta love the bands.

Beth - my spine likes Be Kind To Your Spine because my spondylolisthesis needs all the length I can give it. I skipped reverse table because of my shoulders and wrists and did child's pose instead. I think doing BKTYS with Spacious Spine would make my spine very happy. Thank you again for doing these.

Hi to everyone.

I'll have to catch up later. Gotta eat.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote