Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-11-20, 12:32 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
On the other hand, I can't find a dishwasher that will last more than 2 years.
avoid any with a digital control display. they short-circuit from the water/moisture. a simple mechanical one with a dial has lasted us >5 years now.

they've improved the type of detergent these days, so that helps too.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-20, 01:47 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post

I can't find a dishwasher that will last more than 2 years.
When we lived in another state, we had a Miele dishwasher that worked perfectly for 12 years before it broke. It was the best dishwasher we have ever had. It had a digital display on the front of the door (NOT the top of the door). When we moved, I bought another Miele with digital display on the front of the door (NOT top of the door) and we're happy with it. Miele costs more but it's worth it because of how well they work and how long they last. Even the sales people who work at the appliance store said they either owned a Miele or would buy a Miele if they needed to get a new dishwasher.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-20, 02:19 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
When we lived in another state, we had a Miele dishwasher that worked perfectly for 12 years before it broke. It was the best dishwasher we have ever had. It had a digital display on the front of the door (NOT the top of the door). When we moved, I bought another Miele with digital display on the front of the door (NOT top of the door) and we're happy with it. Miele costs more but it's worth it because of how well they work and how long they last. Even the sales people who work at the appliance store said they either owned a Miele or would buy a Miele if they needed to get a new dishwasher.
I've had the same experience with Miele dishwashers.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-20, 10:22 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Paine, do you find the non-agitator cleans as well? I'm just so conditioned to seeing the laundry getting a good "beat down" from the agitator.
My non-agitator type works really very well. When I was doing lots of heavy duty washing for my dad it never had a problem with heavy loads or really dirty clothing.
Old 12-13-20, 08:54 PM  
Chris T.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
I've had the same experience with Miele dishwashers.
I have a Miele dishwasher too and it's fab. I love it. Hopefully I can get another 10 years out of it, but my next dishwasher will be another Miele
Chris T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-20, 06:41 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
We bought a Speed Queen 12 years ago that I really like. It's top-loading old-school style with knobs (which I prefer) and offers an agitator and stainless steel large capacity tub. I like that I can control the amount of water and reach all the way down to the bottom of the tub too! Our model is no longer on their site but they are known for their commercial quality and received great reviews!

Beware, ours is loud like the old-school washers too. We just close the door to the laundry room.

https://speedqueen.com/products/home...-load-washers/
100% agree. A Speed Queen will last you for life, seriously. I can't wait until my dryer dies so I can replace it w/a Speed Queen to match our washer.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-20, 06:56 AM  
Gams

I bought a Speed Queen on Saturday. Hope I’m as lucky with mine as you all have been with yours. I’m loving not having to go to the laundromat!
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-20, 07:35 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
100% agree. A Speed Queen will last you for life, seriously. I can't wait until my dryer dies so I can replace it w/a Speed Queen to match our washer.
I've heard that the SQ dryers aren't anything special like their washers are. I only have the washer for now, but wasn't planning on only looking at Speed Queen when we need to replace our dryer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I bought a Speed Queen on Saturday. Hope I’m as lucky with mine as you all have been with yours. I’m loving not having to go to the laundromat!
Hope you love yours as much as I love mine!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-20, 08:15 AM  
Gams

Thank you all for your input. I really needed your help.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 12:15 PM  
fanofladyvols

Gams reviving this because now my washer is sending out SOS signals.

I looked at a Maytag commercial washer but am interested in what you ended up purchasing?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
washers, washing machines