Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-17, 08:42 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Thrift Store Finds 2017

starting a new one.

i went to saver's on 12/31/16 - they were having a 99¢ sale on any DVD or book. i didn't see any workout videos whatsoever, but saw lots, and lots of different stress management CDs. they had different key words in their titles, like self-healing, breathing, yoga, mindfulness, meditation, etc. i saw a 6-CD set by Joan Borysenko, "The Power of the Mind to Heal," but one of the CDs was missing! i was so bummed.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 04:38 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting the thread Jeannine, I was just thinking of my find on the 31st.
I feel your disappointment to find a disc missing from a set, probably left in the player I think. It's happened to me too.
This time dropping off some things at my Salvos I found a 4 disc Zumba set $4 which looks different from the set I have, hoping.... 3 of the discs looked never used and the first disc had fingerprints galore which washed off completely.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 11:51 PM  
bubbles76

I found a bunch of Runervals and Spinervals dvds. Also found TA Pregnancy Project. I actually wish I had picked that one up, as she actually has form pointers in that one. I never gave TA a chance, because she doesn't speak during most of her workouts.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 09:34 AM  
Garrie A.

At Goodwill this past weekend:

Power Half Hour Thigh Trimmer (new and still sealed), $2.50

They also had several Slim Series DVDs, still sealed but I already have them! I also saw a sealed Firm Complete Aerobics and Weight Training (BSS2).
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 10:33 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I found a bunch of Runervals and Spinervals dvds. Also found TA Pregnancy Project. I actually wish I had picked that one up, as she actually has form pointers in that one. I never gave TA a chance, because she doesn't speak during most of her workouts.
Bubbles-did you actually find a decent thrift store? The ones near me all stink! I stopped even bothering. I'm glad you found a good one.

At our last library book sale, there were a ton of exercise dvds, (not ones I donated!) which is unusual. There must be another vidiot in my town. I picked up a couple, but most of the ones there were ones I tried already. There were some non-mainstream dvds, which was a pleasant surprise.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 11:12 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
There were some non-mainstream dvds, which was a pleasant surprise.

Sherry
sherry, which ones were those?

in the past year couple of years, i've also found workouts that were non-mainstream, such as KCM, some Cathe, Patrick Goudeau, Anna Kaiser. these would require you to buy them online since the mainstream stores wouldn't carry them.

Beachbody has become somewhat mainstream since their products are heavily advertised. i find LOTS of BB products in thrift stores.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 01-03-17, 12:38 PM  
sherry7899

I cannot remember many...

-hula workouts from Natural Journeys (what happened to that company?)
-Mindy Mylrea
-Vanessa Isaac
-Sarina Jain
-Cindy Whitmarsh

Maybe more will pop into my head later- or they will still be there at the next sale later this month.

Old 01-03-17, 01:11 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Bubbles-did you actually find a decent thrift store?

Sherry
Haha! No, sadly. This is when I went out of town to see my mom. We went Goodwill hunting. Still, it was crazy to find Runervals and Spinervals. I didn't bother checking the titles, as I don't run or spin
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 01:20 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Haha! No, sadly. This is when I went out of town to see my mom. We went Goodwill hunting. Still, it was crazy to find Runervals and Spinervals. I didn't bother checking the titles, as I don't run or spin
I figured it was not a store anywhere near either of us!

Sherry

Old 01-05-17, 11:16 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
We went Goodwill hunting.
did Matt Damon show up? .... sorry, i couldn't resist!

in a used bookstore, found a slew of KCM's, $9 each (i left them on the shelves):

Step Boxing Workout (2007)
Cardio Kick Step Boxing (2008)
Cardio/Sculpt Fitness (2008)
Complete Cardio Sculpting aka Shape of Things to Come (2007)

Also - for $14 (too steep for me)
Ilyse Baker Your Sexy Everything Booty Legs & Thighs

when i see titles like the above, i wonder about who the fellow vidiot in my city might be.

Tags
leslie super walk kit, resistance booster cables, thrift store finds, walk-eat-lose, x-factor st