Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-16, 07:17 AM  
kirby

Thrift store finds 2016

I found KCM's 30 Minutes to Fitness TLC, Circuit Burn, and Your Best Body for 1.98 each at an Amvets thrift store yesterday. I love KCM and have been borrowing them from the library or viewing portions of them On Demand. Now I finally own them. I'm having a Happy New Year!
kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 07:29 AM  
sherry7899

Wow, I am so jealous! I stopped going to our local thrift stores. I never found anything. There must be a vidiot in your area who donated them.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 11:28 AM  
momtoaboyandgirl

Today at Value Village I got
Pilates for Dummies
Winsor Pilates Upper Body
Winsor Pilates Advanced Body Slimming
Petra's WW Get Moving Mix

I'm excited because I hope to learn Pilates this year
Old 01-02-16, 11:59 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I am with you, Sherry. I never find any workout DVDs at the local thrift stores. I did find some $1 DVDs at Dollar Tree. Some were for me and some became stocking stuffers.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 12:33 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby View Post
I found KCM's 30 Minutes to Fitness TLC, Circuit Burn, and Your Best Body for 1.98 each at an Amvets thrift store yesterday. I love KCM and have been borrowing them from the library or viewing portions of them On Demand. Now I finally own them. I'm having a Happy New Year!
way to go!

thanks for sharing and starting the 2016 thread.

we have lots of military installations on our island, and i haven't visited one in ages. my mom has base privileges, so i just may tap her to go there one of these days.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 07:51 PM  
Aunt Famous

I found two Yoga Booty Ballet DVDs at my local Goodwill for $1.99 and $2.99. There were some other fitness DVDs, but for once, I exercised some restraint.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-16, 12:00 AM  
Lorelai

I was shocked by what my local Goodwill had, though I didn't buy any because I'm very cash poor right now and couldn't justify purchases I wasn't sure I'd use. They included Yogalosophy and Erin O'Brien's Postnatal Rescue new in package, plus a bunch of Yoga Booty Ballet, a few Tae Bo, various Pilates, and Turbo Jam's 5 Rockin' Workouts, all $3.99 each except TJ which was half that on a tag sale.

Then today I was consigning some of my LO's baby clothes, and I found Tracy Anderson's Pregnancy Project on a tag sale for $2.80! I had some money on account, so I picked that one up. I just couldn't resist.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-16, 01:09 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Great finds everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby View Post
I absolutely TLC! Circuit Burn and Your Best Body have been on my wish list for a long time, you def. got such an awesome deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Wow, I am so jealous! I stopped going to our local thrift stores. I never found anything. There must be a vidiot in your area who donated them.

Sherry
Same here Sherry, you're not alone.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-16, 09:06 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Yes, looks like some great finds already for the start of the year.

I had some luck in my local Vinnie's with a still sealed Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed and Shred and a used but no scratches Spinervals Vol 1.0 Flexible Warrior Athletic Yoga for Triathletes.
From the Salvos, I found two sealed Winsor Pilates Sculpting Circle DVDs one for beginner and the other for advanced. I'm so glad to have found these.
The lady in the queue before me had great luck with a stack of 8 sealed (she told me were) workout DVDs and of course I was wondering what she had scored and also wondered who gave away all these unopened workouts, not even tried
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-16, 09:17 AM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
Yes, looks like some great finds already for the start of the year.

I had some luck in my local Vinnie's with a still sealed Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed and Shred and a used but no scratches Spinervals Vol 1.0 Flexible Warrior Athletic Yoga for Triathletes.
From the Salvos, I found two sealed Winsor Pilates Sculpting Circle DVDs one for beginner and the other for advanced. I'm so glad to have found these.
The lady in the queue before me had great luck with a stack of 8 sealed (she told me were) workout DVDs and of course I was wondering what she had scored and also wondered who gave away all these unopened workouts, not even tried
Someone in my area has what I describe as "good intentions, bad follow through." I've profited from it. I even once saw the whole kettlebell workout system (I forget the name of it) at Goodwill with only the first 2 opened.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aeropilates, kcm, thrift store, thrift store finds