Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-15, 11:33 AM  
flamingoo

Looking for Boxing workout recommendations

I can't do any kind of twisting with my foot, yet. I'm basically looking for a workout that uses boxing drills mainly for upper body and abs. Something possible that incorporates light weights or weighted gloves. Stationary kicks are o.k, but nothing where I have to shuffle or twist foot. Does anything like this exist? Thanks in advance! I should also mention I can't do any kind of normal planks as well
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-15, 11:52 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Michael Olajide's. I forgot the title but there's one released years ago.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-15, 12:59 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Kelly Coffey-Meyer has several boxing dvds including the 30 minutes to fitness total kickboxing workout that has a boxing workout using light hand weights. Also Trim Down has a premix about 30 min long that is awesome. I think it may have a boxing and upper body premix on it. Don't quote me on that.
She just released Cardio pump earlier this year and it has boxing and weights workouts that have a premix or two combining them.

Olijade is great. Also Cathe's MMA boxing... just skip the lower body blasts. Rockout Knockout is a great Cathe boxing workout...wear weighted gloves.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-15, 08:08 AM  
flamingoo

Thanks ladies! Looking forward to checking them out
Old 12-24-15, 08:18 AM  
sherry7899

I am pretty sure KCM's TLC has a boxing premix.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-15, 09:51 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

It sure does, Sherry.

There is also a punching only premix on 30MTF Kickbox and 30MTF Stepboxing (Kelly is wearing a purple tank).

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-15, 09:55 AM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Kelly Coffey-Meyer has several boxing dvds including the 30 minutes to fitness total kickboxing workout that has a boxing workout using light hand weights. Also Trim Down has a premix about 30 min long that is awesome. I think it may have a boxing and upper body premix on it. Don't quote me on that.
She just released Cardio pump earlier this year and it has boxing and weights workouts that have a premix or two combining them.
Ooooh, I have been doing Trim Down lately and never checked the pre-mixes, this will be great! When I do the workouts as is, I do the boxing segments on my bag which ups the intensity a bit, that pre-mix will be a great bag workout, thanks again!

Cardio pump is awesome, and with that one, I almost always use the full pre-mix that combines both workouts.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-15, 09:58 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
It sure does, Sherry.

There is also a punching only premix on 30MTF Kickbox and 30MTF Stepboxing (Kelly is wearing a purple tank).
Thanks, Gibbee! I wasn't near my dvds to check.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-15, 12:03 PM  
flamingoo

Have any of you tired GI Jayne Kickboxing? Was previewing that and it also looked good, but leaning more towards one of the 30 minutes to Fitness dvds
Old 12-24-15, 07:56 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Billy Blanks actually has a chair tae bo workout. For some weird reason though, they do squats, which should be ok, but then step ups on to the chair. You could skip those sections or do something else. It is on his youtube channel.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxing, boxing workouts, trim down, weighted gloves