Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-05-12, 09:18 AM  
Irisg1

Well, I was actually going to suggest the Powerstrikes, but since you don't think you'd care for those, I would suggest you try Les Mills - Combat. The one from the add on Beachbody package. I really enjoy that workout, just which it was longer

I agree with the recommendation(s) for RF2 as well.
Old 04-05-12, 09:44 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyskier View Post
Have you tried Guillermo Gomez? I like an oldie of his (done with Janis Saffell) called Hardcore Kickbox Circuit. ...
I had that one and traded it - the choreography was so challenging I couldn't take it!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 09:53 AM  
horusosiris

I would recommend (as was prevoiusly mentioned) Michael Olajide's - Aerobox, Susan Chung's - Rapid Fire Results and Tracey Staehle's - Cardio Kickbox Challenge.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 10:13 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Thanks for this thread. I love k-boxing routines! Just ordered the Susan Chung Rapidfire (latest one).
nyskier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 10:27 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I had that one and traded it - the choreography was so challenging I couldn't take it!
Re: Guillermo Gomez and Janis Saffell--Hardcore Kickbox Circuit

Generally, I am not very gifted with choreography, so I am amazed that people feel it is hard in terms of choreography. I do remember several sections with lots of turns that I modified.

Blackadar--If you like KCM, take a look at 30 MTF Stepboxing. I know that step w/os are not very manly, but she has a modifier who does the routines on the floor. She also has a premix without the step. I am addicted to that w/o.

Her earlier one, Cardio Kick Stepboxing (2008) was probably the hardest choreography I have tried. I get entirely lost in that one!
nyskier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 11:12 AM  
laurajhawk

I remember Kenpo X+ as being similar to Kenpo X but a bit more intense and varied; it's also somewhat shorter. I haven't done it for a couple years though - I should really move it away from the P90X+ dustbunny section of the shelf, into the kickboxing section.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 11:36 AM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
If you are in the market for a set, and if you have a heavy bag I would recommend Bas Rutten's MMA System Workout 4 CD/1 DVD package. He has the one instructional DVD, and then 4 audio cds where he calls out combos (which is similar to real boxing or kickboxing training). There is a CD for boxing combos, one for thai boxing combos, All-round fighting (which includes sprawls), and all-round workout. It is set up in 2 and 3 minute rounds with 1 minute between each.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmac View Post
I have to agree with Stephanie. I love Bas Ruttens MMA system .......
Instead of following along with a dvd you listen to the commands he calls out on the cd's. You can choose between 2 and 3 minute rounds.

Another vote for Bas Rutten's set. Truly a cut above the rest. There are youtube clips of people doing the workouts if you want to get a feel for it.
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 05:05 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
If you are in the market for a set, and if you have a heavy bag I would recommend Bas Rutten's MMA System Workout 4 CD/1 DVD package. He has the one instructional DVD, and then 4 audio cds where he calls out combos (which is similar to real boxing or kickboxing training). There is a CD for boxing combos, one for thai boxing combos, All-round fighting (which includes sprawls), and all-round workout. It is set up in 2 and 3 minute rounds with 1 minute between each.
Oh these sound REALLY interesting, if I could rip these to my ipod I could take them to the gym, we can use the bags as long as there is no other class in there!
dela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxing, kickboxing, workouts for men