Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-12, 05:24 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise7 View Post
I would recommend Tracey's Cardio Kickbox Challenge. I have done it with my dad a few times and he liked it and felt sore the next day (he normally runs, bikes, and lifts).
I see a lot of people have recommended this one already but I wanted to chime in too. I think you would really like this one. Check out the clip at collage. I also like Cathe's MMA Boxing.
Old 04-04-12, 05:32 PM  
caligurl

i'd definitely recommend susan chung! (her second one... i don't have the first one, yet!)

i LOVE that workout! almost as much as TLC!

i tried a michail olijede one and returned it....
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 06:40 PM  
Sharaz

Well, you all know Go get Micheal Olajide if you want a challenge. But as mentioned, no kicking (you will not need it) For boxing Aerobox and Savage & Serene. The others are focused on jump rope.
Old 04-04-12, 07:19 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharazPR View Post
Well, you all know Got get Micheal Olajide if you want a challenge. But as mentioned, no kicking (you will not need it) For boxing Aerobox and Savage & Serene. The others are focused on jump rope.
his aerojump/sculpt is a good one. uses hand weights, body bar, bodyweight and jumping in between. but i agree, want a real challenge just do one of his workouts because your upper body will be FRIED throwing all those punches. i started with hand weights but could not even make it through 1/2 the workout when i had to take them off, he was that fast and meticulous. fierce workouts.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 09:29 PM  
dela

Blackadar, I'm not answering your question really, but would you be able to go check out a class at a CKO, or gym like that? It's all heavy bag work with punches and kicking, mixed in with some bootcamp style stuff like pushups, mountain climbers, running ladders, etc. I went for almost 2 years and loved it, there was a fair mix of women and men in the class.

Although I love my Ilaria powerstrikes and other styles of kickboxing dvds, there is nothing like doing a full heavy bag workout like they offer at these gyms. My gym now has a heavy bag class twice a week, so I go there now instead of CKO.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 09:30 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

If you are in the market for a set, and if you have a heavy bag I would recommend Bas Rutten's MMA System Workout 4 CD/1 DVD package. He has the one instructional DVD, and then 4 audio cds where he calls out combos (which is similar to real boxing or kickboxing training). There is a CD for boxing combos, one for thai boxing combos, All-round fighting (which includes sprawls), and all-round workout. It is set up in 2 and 3 minute rounds with 1 minute between each.

I also am REALLY liking the Addiction workout system, which incorporates boxing and kicking on the heavy bag, along with some other exercises added into the workouts.

Basically, I prefer heavy bag workouts

ETA: Looks like you got 2 simultaneous votes for heavy bag training!
2nd ETA: You and I also have the same taste in workouts we don't like, if that helps.
Old 04-04-12, 09:46 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
If you are in the market for a set, and if you have a heavy bag I would recommend Bas Rutten's MMA System Workout 4 CD/1 DVD package. He has the one instructional DVD, and then 4 audio cds where he calls out combos (which is similar to real boxing or kickboxing training). There is a CD for boxing combos, one for thai boxing combos, All-round fighting (which includes sprawls), and all-round workout. It is set up in 2 and 3 minute rounds with 1 minute between each.

I also am REALLY liking the Addiction workout system, which incorporates boxing and kicking on the heavy bag, along with some other exercises added into the workouts.

Basically, I prefer heavy bag workouts

ETA: Looks like you got 2 simultaneous votes for heavy bag training!
2nd ETA: You and I also have the same taste in workouts we don't like, if that helps.
I'm looking for Bas Rutten I ask for a lend to my fitness parter at work, but he's is still using it. Well, I will have to wait until he get tire
Old 04-04-12, 10:13 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Sharaz, I am sure you will like it It definitely mimics real training, and it is challenging. I also like to do some of the combos off of the bag (shadowboxing) and some with hand weights (1-2 lbs) or weighted gloves, just to better simulate a real training session.
Old 04-04-12, 10:31 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Sharaz, I am sure you will like it It definitely mimics real training, and it is challenging. I also like to do some of the combos off of the bag (shadowboxing) and some with hand weights (1-2 lbs) or weighted gloves, just to better simulate a real training session.
If you like I'll take it He explained to me how's the workout and said is goes really fast. So good for me! I may check one for me once I get done with the upcoming workouts
Old 04-05-12, 05:58 AM  
gmac

I have to agree with Stephanie. I love Bas Ruttens MMA system and even though it does work best with a heavy bag you can still get a great workout in without a heavy bag. I usually take it with me when we go on vacation and rent a cabin. I open up the hatch to my SUV in order to hear the cd and get in a great workout outside. I have also bought bought a set of the boxing MMA bands to add resistance when I don't have a heavy bag.

Instead of following along with a dvd you listen to the commands he calls out on the cd's. You can choose between 2 and 3 minute rounds.

Tags
boxing, kickboxing, workouts for men