Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-24-11, 10:05 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

He also has Aerobox Fight or Flight - all boxing, no Kathy Smith. Then Savage and Serene and Aero Jump/Sculpt. All worth doing, IMO.
Old 06-24-11, 10:05 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
(...drumroll...) And yet another bandwagon is born!

ETA - Barb, the brief sections from the DVD(s) show no music (or it's very light). I think I'll pull out my Aerobox with Kathy Smith. That one's plenty tough (for me!) and has good music!
Thanks!
I really like Aerobox, even more than the Michael O. Aerospace dvds I tried!
Most of the boxing in the Aerospace dvds get too complicated for me.

Barb S
who loved Aerobox on the rebounder so will be trying it on my bungee soon,
maybe with Fistix (just love how these old workouts come alive again with alittle tweaking)
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 10:36 AM  
icebergslim

Micheal's original Aerobox, which is here @ Amazon and Mary may have it, is tougher than the one with Kathy Smith. You actually throw over 3000 punches and he does it in rapid fashion. I still throw this workout in the mix and it will fry your arms, but in a good way.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 10:40 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergslim View Post
Micheal's original Aerobox, which is here @ Amazon and Mary may have it, is tougher than the one with Kathy Smith. You actually throw over 3000 punches and he does it in rapid fashion. I still throw this workout in the mix and it will fry your arms, but in a good way.
Savage too, you throw over 3,000 punches. Plus a bit of jump rope (which I do without the rope). After each round, it tells you how many punches you've thrown. I try, but I never get all them in (same with fight or flight). I start at the same pace as him . . but after a bit something happens . . .
Old 06-24-11, 11:17 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

So, I called customer service about the system, and I guess it is super brand new cause he needed to look everything up and said I was the first one he'd talked to about it. Very nice though, and apologetic. Not sure if his answers helped too much. I wanted to know about workout length and the binus workouts not on the site. He said the workouts were anywhere from 20 - 30 minutes depending on repititions and intensity - which didn't make sense to me. He said the three bonus workouts are "jump rope", "hand-weight" and "jump rope and hand-weights together". Obviously he is not a VFer, but a nice guy. I had wished that at least a couple of the workouts would be longer ones - I like that TF has so much variety in length. But, maybe he didn't really know what he was talking about really. If anyone else gets any new info please let me know!
Old 06-24-11, 11:19 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Savage too, you throw over 3,000 punches. Plus a bit of jump rope (which I do without the rope). After each round, it tells you how many punches you've thrown. I try, but I never get all them in (same with fight or flight). I start at the same pace as him . . but after a bit something happens . . .
Yes, I love Savage and the Fight Or Flight (Round one). I like the jumproping section in Kathy Smith's workout but not the boxing segments. I also like Aerobarre. I would love to read reviews of these workouts. Like Barb mentioned, these workouts are great on the rebounder. And the only reason why I like jumproping is because I have Airopes. I used to not like it when I had a real jumprope because I'm not a good jumper. Plus I can jump on the rebounder with Airopes but not a jumprope since my basement ceilings are not that high.
Old 06-24-11, 11:21 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Yes, I love Savage and the Fight Or Flight (Round one). I like the jumproping section in Kathy Smith's workout but not the boxing segments. I also like Aerobarre. I would love to read reviews of these workouts. Like Barb mentioned, these workouts are great on the rebounder. And the only reason why I like jumproping is because I have Airopes. I used to not like it when I had a real jumprope because I'm not a good jumper. Plus I can jump on the rebounder with Airopes but not a jumprope since my basement ceilings are not that high.
Yes, I always use light handweights . . but maybe someday I'll invest in the ropeless jump rope!
Old 06-24-11, 11:30 AM  
dela

Since this is so new, I wonder if the price will reduce or they will throw in a bonus at some point? Does seem to be the trend lately. I really want one of his dvds now though . I love the idea of the fast punching combos.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 11:42 AM  
Missiscipi

OK I messaged Michael on facebook and he replied back
I asked about how long they are, the music and have level of fitness you need -

"Hello Rosanne!!! Thank you for the friending and thank you for your interest in the New Aerobox workouts. Heres what's real... I think, if one learns how to execute these maneuvers to their fullest extent, they will find these workouts to be amongst the most effective of any exercise program they will ever do. The maneuvers are unique, you will be working muscles in ways never done before, speed, agility, explosiveness, all things athletic, but can really be done in your home. Sorry, I start to ramble on... I am so NOT the hard sell type of guy, but this system is so worth it. The Aerobox Express is CRAZY!!! That is my favorite (albiet slightly) it is 21. min long. Abs core and more is 35min long... Aeroburn (ultra jump rope) is 10 min long... Long and Lean (flexability and strength) is 29 min. AeroPro (EVERYTHING) is 46 min... and the MONSTER... AERO-MAX is 56 minutes. The intro workout- BASICS AND DRILLS is 42 min and shouldn't be missed.

The music moves seemlessly with the workouts... But again, The AeroExpress music tracks are my favorite.

I hope this answers some of your questions and please dont hesitate to come back at me with anything else. oh, you dont need any equipment either... although you may choose to use light hand weights r a jump rope. The video features alternative maneuvers for beginners. These workouts are for ALL levels.

I would love your opinion after you have tried one or all of them. Dying for feedback in fact.
Ciao 4 now...
Sincerely, Michael"

Oh I am really debating on this! I am possibly facing a layoff from work in a few months....but man!
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 11:48 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Thank you so much Rozy - this is totally pushing me over the edge on canceling my Cathe pre-roder. If I do that, I could order this . . and not be in any more debt than I already am .

Tags
aerobox, boxing, michael olajide, michael olajide jr