Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-22-10, 02:28 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Red face found any good stuff in the thrift store lately?

i bought 3 sealed Core Secrets DVDs for $4.99 each at Goodwill:
Core Secrets Killer Legs Glutes Hams & Quads
" " A Leg Up on the Competition
" " Head to Toe Extended

they had several more - i dithered on whether to get bun battle. they also had Ab Assault and Off the Ball and a few others that i already had in my collection.

i saw them yesterday when i was in the store, but wasn't sure which titles i already had. i went home, checked, and also checked a little wishlist spreadsheet. also consulted my old collage catalogs (!).

when i went back, i swore that i had seen the CS Cardio Strength Interval Mix yesterday, but didn't see it today. i looked in the entire glass case, and doubled checked the stack that the clerk let me look at. it's entirely possible that in my excitement yesterday, i imagined it. sometimes i write stuff down - i should have done that yesterday! well....i know it wouldn't magically appear today if someone had purchased it in between that time, but at least i wouldn't beat my brain up the way i am doing now.

ok, i'm severely neurotic.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 04:18 AM  
cam522

I was at a Salvation Army store not too long ago and found Kelly Coffey Meyer's NYC for $4.00.

I don't have good luck at thrift stores or garage sales even though I love to go to them, so that is without a doubt my BEST find!!!!

Cheryl
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 06:49 AM  
kauaigirl

Location: Wisconsin. But I'll always be a Michigan girl at heart!
I found a new FIRM Wave for $3 at Savers a couple of weeks ago (but no DVDs, unfortunately) and the complete FIRM BSS2 with add-ons, fanny lifter and sculpting stick for $15 at the Goodwill last week.

I am still looking (and, so far, in vain) for a BOSU. I've found just about every other piece of fitness equipment imaginable, but never a BOSU. I want one SO bad, but I refuse to pay $100 for it. I just know one is gonna turn up eventually!
Old 04-22-10, 08:53 AM  
Rynsha77

I recently got P90 Sweat Mix 1-2 and Sweat Mix 3-4 for $1.00. Both were unopened. They are VHS but for a dollar I have a VCR!
Old 04-22-10, 09:14 AM  
Valancy

I found two Gin Miller's on VHS- Aerostep and the Best of Step TV. I got up to the cash and realized that they were $3 each! But I love Gin...so I got them anyway...and I'm still amazed that I paid $6 for VHS tapes.
Old 04-22-10, 09:16 AM  
Juli

I was at Mom's last night telling her all about VF - as I checked the posts since I had left work (I think I may have a problem) and she told me that she saw a bunch of workout tapes at the Salvation Army for $1.99 - mostly VHS but she was going to go back and get me whatever DVD's they have. Who knows what I'll get. Since I'm just beginning it will be a great way to start my collection. I can check out different instructors, try a variety of workouts, and have a selection of intensity levels on-hand once I need them - all without going broke. Then maybe you'll see me on the exchange list with some SASE's.

"Que Shiraz Shiraz"
Juli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 09:24 AM  
sherry7899

Welcome to vf, Juli

Take care,
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 09:31 AM  
SurferGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaigirl View Post
I am still looking (and, so far, in vain) for a BOSU. I've found just about every other piece of fitness equipment imaginable, but never a BOSU. I want one SO bad, but I refuse to pay $100 for it. I just know one is gonna turn up eventually!
I got a Bosu WITH DVD's at a yard sale last summer for $10! As I drove up I saw it and nearly flew out of my car to grab it. The owners actually joked with me about it, cause they said they saw how fast I went to it.

I wanted one for a few years and kept saying I would find it at a yard sale eventually. They're starting up again. I can't wait to start going.

Flea markets are another great place to find bargains. There's a place by me that's going from having them once a month to EVERY Sunday through October this year. Oh my, I'm thrilled!
SurferGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 01:07 PM  
horsemom2

A new thrift store opened near me called *Unique* and they had dozens of workout vhs for 99 cents. Luckily (or unluckily?), I walked out without any cuz already had most of them LOL

Barb S
who would have gone nuts buying several a year or two ago
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 01:53 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I found a new FIRM Wave for $3 at Savers a couple of weeks ago (but no DVDs, unfortunately) and the complete FIRM BSS2 with add-ons, fanny lifter and sculpting stick for $15 at the Goodwill last week.
i love our savers stores - we have 2 in our city. i keep looking for the Wave there too. i got a lateral slide a while back for $5, with booties - i only paid $5 because i had a $5 off coupon.

Quote:
i agree with Surfergirl - yard sale or flea market would be places to check. craigslist might also be another place to look for a bosu.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pawn shops, thrift store finds