Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-08, 07:28 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Did the Reebok Step. That was my first Gin Miller and it was such fun. Now I will have to buy some others. She cues beautifully and doesn't take herself so seriously.

Gilad, alas, let me down. He kept turning off my VCR. Don't know what is up with that. But he is so cute in his pic I don't feel ripped off for my 80 cents .

Oh, I bought my brand new VCR at an estate sale for $5.

Thanks for making me feel good about my "booty." Now I just need to get my booty in gear and use the rest of this stuff.

Renda

ETA Acey, I would love to go to a thrift store in Manhattan. I go to different thrift stores for different things, and those in the classy areas are the best for fabulous clothes. We have some really NICE thrift stores in Atlanta, but I find the best deals at the larger, not-so-nice thrift stores just because of the demographics and sheer volume.
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 07:01 AM  
kat_b

Does Craigslist count?

I love finding great deals. I only know the Cindy Crawford tape, but Hopefully those are Gin. I'd LOVE to find some old Gin Miller Step tapes, esp. Aerostep (trader's remorse 7 years later...).

A few weeks ago I bought five DVDs from a Craigslist ad:

Kettlebell Goddess Workout
Callanetics
Super Callanetics
Ballet Workout 1
Ballet Workout 2

For $2 each. Definitely my "deal of the decade."
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 08:46 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2
I believe the Bun Busters are the same as the *29 minute workouts* so the step workout may be the one with Gin Miller.

Barb S
I've never heard of Bun Busters, but I do have the 29 minute workout and its this one .

It doesn't say Gin Miller anywhere on the box and the cover picture is not her, but its her leading the working (Mary confirmed it for me). Its very basic stepping and just under 30 minutes. Its a keeper and this is a cheap price.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 08:50 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_b
I love finding great deals. I'd LOVE to find some old Gin Miller Step tapes, esp. Aerostep (trader's remorse 7 years later...).
How about for 16 cents? Amazon link

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 10:50 AM  
kat_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy T
How about for 16 cents? Amazon link
Thank you! Last time I looked they only had "rentals" and I don't want a rental.
Old 09-12-08, 11:24 AM  
kauaigirl

Location: Wisconsin. But I'll always be a Michigan girl at heart!
The Goodwill has been treating me right lately.

Last week, someone dumped their entire CIA 2700 series DVDs, Kickbox Bootcamp and Michelle's Best Body Circuit. I bought them all at $1.99 a piece! I also got a full-size Reebok step for $6.99 and a pair of 2lb. hand weights for $1.99. All at the same Goodwill! I thought I had died and gone to fitness heaven!

Then yesterday I got a still-sealed copy of Rodney Yee's Yoga Conditioning for Athletes DVD, Kathy Smith's Functionally Fit DVD and two Yoga Kids workout DVDs for $.99 (!!) each. They also had a bunch of Thomas the Tank Engine DVDs for my kids for $.99.

Honestly, I find myself going around from thrift store to thrift store looking for finds. It's like a great treasure hunt!
Old 09-12-08, 11:26 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Wow, Renda, those are some great prices. And the $2 Craigslist is pretty awsome as well. My Goodwill had tons of DVDs the other night, but they want $5 for DVDs. For that price I want to make sure I want it! I did pick up a Tae Bo Live Basic video unopened for $1. Of course Dollar General was selling them for $1 several years ago. I should have written down some of the titles so I could check them out and see if they would be worth it. This has inspired me to check out some other Thrift Stores to see what is out there!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 12:11 PM  
kat_b

Now THAT is a killer deal on the CIAs! Makes you wonder what happened that someone decided to let them all go.

The goodwill near me doesn't seal the cases. Often times the DVDs and CDs are missing. Always depresses me to see something I want then to open it and see it's not in there, so I've stopped going there.
Old 09-12-08, 12:29 PM  
lindseylu8

My best thrift store find was a brand new in the box Nike heart rate monitor. It was 50% off day so I got it for $15!!!!!!

I always stalk the dvds and vhs for little treasures. DH laughs at me. I also found the CUTEST Nike workout skirt for $2 last week! Love a good bargain.

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 01:06 PM  
spotted zebra

Some great finds! I'm inspired to look at thrift stores more often.

I gave away Bun Busters Step Workout. It's a pretty good program but the colors were so glaringly bright/neon I had a hard time looking at my TV screen. Maybe the tape I got was too old?? I felt like the only way I could hang onto it was if I wore sunglasses while working out! And yes, Gin Miller leads the workout.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
29 minute workout, calisthenics, jeans, thrift store finds