Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-21, 12:08 PM  
Leonana

Here’s a link to the description of the program. There is a list of the workouts, with descriptions and times. You can also download the program guide. There is a link to register. I’m not sure if you need the PP app first, but I already had it when I purchased.

https://www.liftandshift.us/?utm_sou...e=liftandshift

I’m probably low intermediate, and I modify with lighter weights. Jessica also said that you can do the program every other day. I might do that if my body needs more rest.
Old 03-06-21, 02:43 PM  
s2546

I think it sounds really great!! I love Jessica but this is too costly for me. Can't wait to read all the reviews though! Next best thing

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 02:48 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
In this new program does she also have a beginner, intermediate and advanced version for the exercise?
She doesn't have other exercisers with her in this program, but she uses a screen inset to show modifications.

Quote:
Once you download, are you able to view each workout from first to last for times and equipment needed? Or a master list with this info?
The times and equipment are in the program guide at https://vault2.platformpurple.com/st...am%20Guide.pdf (you can access this before you purchase).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 05:37 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Just FYI for those of you planning to do this program with AppleTV...there isn’t an AppleTV app, like you may be used to with Cathe One Demand, Beach Body, etc. Rather, you screencast to your AppleTV, so you need your device at hand. Kind of deceptive advertising on their part (purple player, not Jessica) in my opinion, especially since - for me- I can’t screencast from the app, I have to screencast from the lift and shift webpage. It works, but just want you to know it’s not the ease of what you’re likely thinking when somebody says it’s available on Apple TV. Ironically, the fact there is no purple player app for AppleTV is why I continued to purchase Jessica’s workouts on DVD rather than digitally.

OTOH, I like The Lift and Shift workouts so far!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 05:58 PM  
laurajhawk

Thanks, yes, I discovered that when I went looking for the app! I contacted support and was told there isn’t one. Reviews of the iPhone app suggest that it didn’t use to support airplay but does now, so I’m hoping that works for me. If not, I’ll have to AirPlay from my laptop. ☹️

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 08:56 PM  
star117

All of this is why I like dvds! ��
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 01:30 AM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Here’s a link to the description of the program. There is a list of the workouts, with descriptions and times. You can also download the program guide. There is a link to register. I’m not sure if you need the PP app first, but I already had it when I purchased.

https://www.liftandshift.us/?utm_sou...e=liftandshift

I’m probably low intermediate, and I modify with lighter weights. Jessica also said that you can do the program every other day. I might do that if my body needs more rest.
Thank you.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 01:30 AM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
She doesn't have other exercisers with her in this program, but she uses a screen inset to show modifications.

The times and equipment are in the program guide at https://vault2.platformpurple.com/st...am%20Guide.pdf (you can access this before you purchase).
Thank you.
Old 03-07-21, 01:34 AM  
gladgirl

Am still a bit confused as I’ve never used purple player.
It sounds as if I would not be able to use a hdmi cable connection from my iPad or phone connected to the tv and play the app. Is this correct?
Old 03-07-21, 06:46 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Am still a bit confused as I’ve never used purple player.
It sounds as if I would not be able to use a hdmi cable connection from my iPad or phone connected to the tv and play the app. Is this correct?
I'm interested to know also as this is how I connect to my tv.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift