Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-21-13, 01:27 PM  
RedPanda

intelsana - re the cost, I figured that the manual costs less than one initial and one follow-up session with a physiotherapist. When I bought Bulletproof Knees, my experience with physiotherapists had been less-than-stellar, to put it politely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
If he's pulling all that information together for people who don't have the time to gather it from various sources, it's probably worth it.
I agree. I know from your posts here that you have a good understanding of physiology and biomechanics, but the average gym rat or home exerciser wouldn't have the knowledge to pull all that info together in a comprehensive way. The manual also provides rehab, warm-up and lifting programs, which again, many people wouldn't have the knowledge to pull together.
Old 08-21-13, 04:46 PM  
Luma

I don't see anywhere that they tell you it's an e-book. So you read it on your computer screen? (sorry - old person here).

Does that mean if you want a paper book you would have to print it yourself?
Or are e-books not printable?
Luma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 06:31 PM  
intelsana

Luma, it is not an e-book. It's a hard copy book mailed to you.
intelsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 09:44 PM  
Pencurls

[link to copyrighted content removed - Wendy]

Last edited by WWWendy; 08-22-13 at 07:00 AM. Reason: link to copyrighted content
Pencurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 10:25 PM  
RedPanda

Pencurls - you should be aware that it is against VF guidelines to post links to illegal downloads!
Old 08-22-13, 08:52 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I don't know about paying $99 for the book. He has a free article on T-Nation discussing his protocol:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...letproof_knees

He also has a great FREE e-book on Self-Myofascial Release (foam rolling, etc.) that you can download. Clicking on the link will start the 1.6 MB download:

http://robertsontrainingsystems.com/...SMR-manual.pdf

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-13, 03:21 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
I don't know about paying $99 for the book. He has a free article on T-Nation discussing his protocol:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...letproof_knees
Well, I don't think you can compare an article, as helpful as it is, with a 230 page manual that provides a complete program for rehabbing, stretching and strengthening.

I also don't understand how people can cheerfully pay $100 for the latest program by Jillian Michaels, Shaun T or whomever, but baulk at paying around the same amount for a comprehensive program that will help them to really understand why they have pain, relieve them of pain and make all their other workouts more effective.
Old 08-22-13, 07:05 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

My knee problems are caused by the fact that my feet pronate inward. Outside of wearing orthotics, which I already do, I'm not sure what else would help the situation. Does this book offer any advice something like this?
Old 08-23-13, 02:11 AM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
My knee problems are caused by the fact that my feet pronate inward. Outside of wearing orthotics, which I already do, I'm not sure what else would help the situation. Does this book offer any advice something like this?
Yes, there's a section on biomechanical alignment as a cause of knee pain. You may find that increasing your ankle mobility, and stretching and strengthening your ankles to be helpful.

You may also want to ask a physiotherapist to assess your orthotics to make sure they're correcting the problem. (I wear orthotics too.)
Old 08-23-13, 09:45 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Well, I don't think you can compare an article, as helpful as it is, with a 230 page manual that provides a complete program for rehabbing, stretching and strengthening.
The article gives an overview of his ideas. Then, one might decide to get the book.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulletproof knees, getting better, knee, knee issues, knees, margaret richard, mike robertson, old thread alert