Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-29-13, 05:29 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Anyone else have problems with Mike Donavanik's newest?

I tried searching for this but didn't have any luck....

I have bought 3 copies of Mike D's newest DVD, Extreme Burn Ripped, and none of them work for me! When the menu screen comes up, the little indicator to the left of an item comes up on Intro but I can't get it to move anywhere else on the menu! If I play through the Intro (or skip through it), the indicator will then be on Workout One but I also can't get it to move anywhere else from there (I've tried both the "enter" button and the arrow keys on the remote). If I press play and then skip through Workout One, the indicator will then be on Workout Two, etc. I can't even get to the two premixes at all.

I've tried two different DVD players and bought the three workouts from Collage (got a replacement that also didn't work) and most recently from Amazon and they all do the same thing.

Does anyone else have this problem? Collage said the manufacturer knows there's a problem but refuses to fix it. I've tried the first workout and like it but I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the hassle to try to get a working copy of this DVD.

Grrrr.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 06:05 PM  
saffron

Have you tried contacting him directly thru his website? I bought one of his mp4 workouts once and he was very helpful and prompt with replying ... maybe he'll offer to replace it or give you the download version - can't hurt to ask
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 06:21 PM  
weezy

Yes, it sounds like I am having the same problem as you. I was wondering if I was the only one. This is what is weird though. I cannot get it to do anything, I mean it will not move at all, in my regular dvd player, but it will move to each individual workout when I put it in my portable dvd player or my husband's dvd recorder/player. But, it still will not go to the extreme workout.
If what Collage is saying about the manufacturer knowing about this problem and refusing to fix it, well then that is b.s. I have purchased all of Mike's workouts and did not have trouble with the first two. I still love this one, but I am very disappointed and it might make me think twice about purchasing another one from Mike if he doesn't get this kink worked out so it doesn't happen with any more that he might release.
weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 06:21 PM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

I just bought it from Mary's site and did one part this morning and didn't have a problem. Maybe she got a better batch? I'd either re-order from her or try what saffron says and contact him and see what he says.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 07:28 PM  
weezy

I don't know, I got mine from Mary about 3 weeks ago so maybe it is just certain dvds and not all of them??? In any case, I can still use the dvd it is just a pain to navigate.
weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 09:07 PM  
RedPanda

It sounds as though the problem is with one batch of DVDs, not all of them. I bought my copy from Mary last November and it works fine.
Old 06-30-13, 05:46 AM  
margaux

I bought mine from Mary, had trouble and returned it. Mary was very good about it.
margaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 06:50 AM  
isebelleg44

I had the same exact issue and returned it to Amazon, only to have it happen again with the replacement disc.
I recently got a new dvd player and am now able to choose each workout, except the premix that combines all three workouts.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 07:20 AM  
acescholar

It's been a few weeks since I've done this workout, but I figured out that the right pointing arrow worked to go down the menu but the down arrow didn't work. I *think* I got the Extreme workout to work, but since I chaptered forward when each cooldown started, I'm not sure if I just chaptered to the next workout. But, after initially getting into the extreme premix, I was able to complete each workout and then chapter ahead at the cool down and go straight to the next chapter (hope that makes sense!) without returning to the menu. [BTW, the premix includes each warm-up and cool down, so it's really just the string of workouts and not an edited mix.]
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 09:21 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

There was a note included from Collage that said to use the right arrow to maneuver through the menu but that didn't work for me. I tried all the arrows and none of them worked. I did send a message to Mike last night so we'll see what he has to say. I'm glad I'm not the only one but none of us should have to put up with this!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extreme burn ripped, mike donavanik