Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-02-09, 07:59 AM  
bubbles76

Dnna I have that Buns of Steel! Tamilee does have a great bum in that one. It was a shocker to see her turn around the first time. DH sat all the way through the video, shouting "yea!" every so often in appreciation.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-09, 08:53 AM  
spotted zebra

Donna, I have one of Scott Cole's older workouts (Millennium Stretch) and he sure did look good when he was younger.

It's funny, I do come across more recent workouts in thrift stores for great buys, and sometimes I bite. But nothing makes me as happy as finding oldies which are no longer available. Some of those 80's and 90s workouts really bring back my old enthusiasm for working out. Some I like to look at for a lark and don't keep (like Joan Collins), but others like Cynthia Kereluk's seem like such a fresh alternative to Leslie and other modern day teachers. I sure wish Cynthia didn't stop making programs. If nothing else though, I'm learning to count down from 10 in Japanese, Spanish, Finnish, and a bunch of other languages.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-09, 12:02 PM  
dnna

lol, Bubbles76, that is the tape to give a guy to workout, cheering the whole time!!
Donna and Tracey in the back- what where they thinking looking at that view-lol! and They were much more modestly attired.
talk about perky.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-09, 01:06 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted_zebra View Post
I came across The Lean Body Workout with Cynthia Kereluk in its original clamshell case for $1.50. Great condition, like new. It's two workouts in one. Split screen with low impact, easy to follow basic moves on the left, and high impact on the right. The high impact workout works perfectly on my rebounder - I can see myself doing each of the workouts on different days. I loved Cynthia's show Everyday Workout when it used to be on TV. After all these years I still like her a lot. I hope I find more of her workouts! But I'm thrilled to have even the one. It's my most nostalgic find in some time.

you piqued my interest because I am always looking for a 10 minute cardio sparks so I did some video searching and found 15 out of the 16 cardio segments from Cynthia's shows! Don't know what happened to her EW-3-Cardio but found all of the others on You Tube.
here is the link to the first and you can find more from there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b7uMxGwCw8

Barb S
who cannot believe how long I stayed on dialup!
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-09, 03:58 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
you piqued my interest because I am always looking for a 10 minute cardio sparks so I did some video searching and found 15 out of the 16 cardio segments from Cynthia's shows! Don't know what happened to her EW-3-Cardio but found all of the others on You Tube.
here is the link to the first and you can find more from there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b7uMxGwCw8

Barb S
who cannot believe how long I stayed on dialup!
I like them. Thanks Barb!
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 08:21 PM  
Orlita

Jackpot today!

Slim in Six 5-workout set for $2
Leslie's Walk Strong: $2
Windsor Pilates 3-pack: $2
and something called Fabulously Fit at Fifty and Beyond, with Angela Rippon. Looks like a Dollar Store type of DVD (slimline). Anyone tried it? I thought I'd pass it to my mom. $2.

Also went nuts on blue jeans. I'm big into hip-huggers now -- the waist-length are just not flattering or comfortable; wish I'd figured that out sooner -- and trying to figure out the perfect brand. Looks like it's Paris Blues so far. But I found some Daisy Fuentes brand that look nice, too.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 01:11 AM  
Nadine

A few months ago I felt like I hit the lottery at my Goodwill!

A full length (42 in) Original Health Club Step with four risers for.....$12.99!!! WOO HOO! It's the pink/purple one and looks barely used at all.

Nadine

Edited for poor spelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlita View Post
Jackpot today!

Slim in Six 5-workout set for $2
Leslie's Walk Strong: $2
Windsor Pilates 3-pack: $2
and something called Fabulously Fit at Fifty and Beyond, with Angela Rippon. Looks like a Dollar Store type of DVD (slimline). Anyone tried it? I thought I'd pass it to my mom. $2.

Also went nuts on blue jeans. I'm big into hip-huggers now -- the waist-length are just not flattering or comfortable; wish I'd figured that out sooner -- and trying to figure out the perfect brand. Looks like it's Paris Blues so far. But I found some Daisy Fuentes brand that look nice, too.

Tags
29 minute workout, calisthenics, jeans, thrift store finds