Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-13-17, 10:43 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

oldie workout you recently acquired

i just bought MTV pilates on ebay. i have the other 3 MTV workouts from Kristin, and i know most of these are on youtube. gosh, this workout is >10 YO.

when i look back, i'm rarely into the newest workouts, waiting instead to read reviews. i've probably only done a pre-sale maybe a handful of times!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-17, 11:54 AM  
YetAnotherDeb

20th anniversary edition of...

I'll confess to Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies 2, 20th anniversary edition, which appears to have been released in 2007!

I've never done any RS, but it was a buck and I figured I would get that much entertainment out of watching it.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-17, 01:46 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
I'll confess to Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies 2, 20th anniversary edition, which appears to have been released in 2007!

I've never done any RS, but it was a buck and I figured I would get that much entertainment out of watching it.
_____
YADeb
I've read several of his books, including a book written by someone he coached to wellness. I find him so caring and empathetic.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-17, 02:23 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I bought P90X Plus during the summer Beachbody sale. I think I only paid $10. It was released in 2007 and it does look outdated and Tony and the others are obviously younger, but the workouts are good.
wishiwasinhawaii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-17, 02:25 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I just purchased Chalean Extreme last month. Love it! I don't know what took me so long to buy it.
Old 09-13-17, 06:59 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I recently reacquired Kathy Smith's Super Slimdown Circuit DVD, which all three workouts are over 20 years old. Plus, I acquired another compilation DVD strictly for her Fat Burning Workout, which is almost 30 years old.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-17, 08:23 PM  
kristiep

Kathy Smith's Power Step workout - I have become less coordinated when doing step workouts so I appreciate the simpler choreography on this one. And it gets my heart rate up.

Firm Vol 2 and 6 - two classics that I decided I ought to have in my collection

Firm Hare and Tortoise - because I like Tracie Long (hope I like the ballroom aerobics. I think I will.)
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-17, 08:26 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I recently reacquired Kathy Smith's Super Slimdown Circuit DVD, which all three workouts are over 20 years old. Plus, I acquired another compilation DVD strictly for her Fat Burning Workout, which is almost 30 years old.
This is one of my favorites. Then again, I am a perpetual beginner and I still love all the "old" instructors. Oldies unite!
_____
YADeb
Old 09-13-17, 08:29 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
Kathy Smith's Power Step workout - I have become less coordinated when doing step workouts so I appreciate the simpler choreography on this one. And it gets my heart rate up.

Firm Vol 2 and 6 - two classics that I decided I ought to have in my collection

Firm Hare and Tortoise - because I like Tracie Long (hope I like the ballroom aerobics. I think I will.)
Well, here we go again, I love the powerstep workout.
_____
YADeb
Old 09-14-17, 12:39 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I just got FIRM Parts Upper Body at Mary's last sale. I had borrowed a copy from the library thinking I wouldn't like it much, seeing that the only "super early" FIRM DVD I have is the Lower Body Sculpting DVD which I enjoy but isn't fave floor work DVD (nice to have variety though!) Similarly, the Upper Body DVD is never going to be my favorite but I found it surprisingly refreshing and different from anything else I have in my collection... yes, the setting and the music definitely sets it apart. I follow VF reviewers' advice to sub some bicep curls in place of lat rows (which are overdone) and I don't always keep up with the short bits where there are compound moves (not my thing) but it's otherwise a nice addition to my shelf!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oldies but goodies, vintage videos