Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-17, 11:43 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I actually did finish one round of CLX, several years ago. That is it. I have a hard time sticking to rotations. I also have a bad habit of buying too many workout dvd's. I now have a big pile of "virgins" to work through. I have made a promise to myself not to purchase anymore until I have used up at least most of what I have
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 11:43 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I have never finished a full on fitness program. Ever. Not P90x, no Body Beast, not STS, not even paper programs like New Rules of Lifting, or Body for Life.
Best I ever did was Slim in 6 and even that I only did 4 weeks of before I was so sick of them I quit that too.
I get into the program, and fall off, every time. I just can't seem to make myself finish, even if I'm having good results.
Some is well, I get sick of Tony and his antics with P90x and can't make myself hear him talk anymore lol.
I need some sort of recovery program for the inability to finish workout programs.
What's your fitness confession.
The "Less Tony" option is a true blessing. Too bad they don't have it in the BOD workouts.

I have finished a few rotations in my time. The hardest was STS. The most fun was Look Great In 8.

The shortest (1 day) was Ultimate Yogi (too hard). The second shortest (2 days) was Tai Cheng (too boring).

I tend to do my own freestyle rotations on a theme. I need more recovery days than they put in most rotations now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I spend more time reviewing workouts on youtube and planning detailed rotations than I actually spend on following them.
Yes!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 11:55 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Debbie Siebers just helped me lose 12 pounds and I LIKE her as an instructor, but every time she says to picture a heavy bag right in front of me for the uppercut punches, I picture Debbie's face instead.
Congrats, well done! Now you have me curious which workouts you used. Was it just Sin6 or SS too?
Just Sin6 - and lots of other stuff to supplement, because I could really only do Burn It Up about twice a week. Initially I thought I'd end up adding in SS (it was going to be my excuse to join BBOD), but two days in a row of BIU killed my knees, and I didn't think other SS workouts would be any better. I tried to do 3 days/week of hour-long low-weight high-rep circuits (including 2 days of BIU), and two days/week of cardio, and lots of yoga.

I'm starting to plateau (weight-wise) and starting to get real sick of Burn It Up, so I'm switching to CLX Push workouts + cardio + yoga for a while now.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 12:35 PM  
bubbles76

Confession: 50% of my large collection are virgins And I work out in less than jammies.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 12:54 PM  
Jeanne Marie

I work out too much.

I know I do it and I don't care. It's what I love, so I do it all. the. time.

I also know that I don't stretch enough. I need to take more of my workout time and convert it to stretch time. I start out thinking I'll do it, and then I don't.

I also spend way too much money on "active wear". It's ALL that I wear. I mean what's the point of wearing anything else when I work out at least twice a day (sometimes three)?

I am a closet step queen. During bootcamp there is always a step station. I get going to the music and can go on and on with my routines that I make up in my head as I go. It must be a throw back to all those step videos I used to do. People in my class just roll their eyes at me. I am having too much fun on that step!

My last confession is that I really don't do DVD workouts anymore. I will sometimes do one on Sunday afternoon, but it isn't the primary way I work out now. Makes me sad that I have SO many DVDs but never use them. At least I don't buy them anymore.
Old 08-22-17, 01:05 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Just Sin6 - and lots of other stuff to supplement, because I could really only do Burn It Up about twice a week. Initially I thought I'd end up adding in SS (it was going to be my excuse to join BBOD), but two days in a row of BIU killed my knees, and I didn't think other SS workouts would be any better. I tried to do 3 days/week of hour-long low-weight high-rep circuits (including 2 days of BIU), and two days/week of cardio, and lots of yoga.

I'm starting to plateau (weight-wise) and starting to get real sick of Burn It Up, so I'm switching to CLX Push workouts + cardio + yoga for a while now.
Thanks, Laura. Looks like a nice routine. Yeah I'd be getting really sick of just BIU by now too .
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 01:41 PM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Stephanie-your cat avatar is so cute-looks like my sweet cat Bonkers.

Sherry
Aw, thanks Sherry. That's my Neko - she has perfected the art of looking supremely bored and/or yawning while I work out. Your Bonkers is a cutie too - they both are. Black kitties are just so super cute.
Old 08-22-17, 01:58 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I have finished a rotation twice - the same rotation - Look Great in 8. The only reason why I finished it is because it's a loose rotation and you can do any workout you want that fits the criteria of the day.

I haven't done a DVD is well over a year. When I do exercise, I do exercise equipment or a YouTube video.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 04:54 PM  
s2546

[QUOTE=Jeanne Marie;2728668]I work out too much.

Jeanne-love your new avatar! you look great

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 05:01 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
I also know that I don't stretch enough. I need to take more of my workout time and convert it to stretch time. I start out thinking I'll do it, and then I don't.

I also spend way too much money on "active wear". It's ALL that I wear. I mean what's the point of wearing anything else when I work out at least twice a day (sometimes three)?

My last confession is that I really don't do DVD workouts anymore. I will sometimes do one on Sunday afternoon, but it isn't the primary way I work out now. Makes me sad that I have SO many DVDs but never use them. At least I don't buy them anymore.
I'm with you on these points! I have 2 drawers stuffed full of workout stuff. And I'm always looking for more!
And I know I need to stretch more. I know I need to but I still don't do it enough.

Tags
confessions, rotations