Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-17, 08:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=laurajhawk;2728606]Debbie Siebers just helped me lose 12 pounds and I LIKE her as an instructor, but every time she says to picture a heavy bag right in front of me for the uppercut punches, I picture Debbie's face instead.

Congrats, well done! Now you have me curious which workouts you used. Was it just Sin6 or SS too?

I have many of the same confessions as others on this thread. Never finished a rotation. Have no idea how many workouts I own (obviously way too many). Too many virgins still in shrinkwrap. This all sounds pretty normal to me .
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 09:05 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
I do my workouts in what I wore to bed the night before....Bare footed and my hair still looks like a troll doll. I can't imagine what my DH thinks. When we first met, I was a full time instructor. New workout wear and shoes and definitely lighter.
I had to laugh at this one. I often wear Danskin capri pants from Walmart as pajama bottoms, and then wear them to exercise. I have curly hair that I sleep with in a ponytail, so that is how I wear it for exercise.

I have never finished a rotation either.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 09:11 AM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Originally Posted by sbh
I do my workouts in what I wore to bed the night before....Bare footed and my hair still looks like a troll doll. I can't imagine what my DH thinks. When we first met, I was a full time instructor. New workout wear and shoes and definitely lighter.

I had to laugh at this one. I often wear Danskin capri pants from Walmart as pajama bottoms, and then wear them to exercise. I have curly hair that I sleep with in a ponytail, so that is how I wear it for exercise..
I had to laugh at this one too, specifically the troll doll imagery. I have really curly hair also and workout very early in the morning. I have this very old, very wide, dirty grey headband that wrangles the curls back - and then then they poke out in a frizz halo behind the headband. Smokin'.

My confession: I never do butt kicks. I can't get my legs up and over as fast as the instructors and I am always afraid of hitting the step. So I just sub high knees or jumps.
Old 08-22-17, 09:13 AM  
sherry7899

Stephanie-your cat avatar is so cute-looks like my sweet cat Bonkers.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 09:13 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
I do my workouts in what I wore to bed the night before...
Lol Sherri, I often do my morning Essentrics in my jammies.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 09:35 AM  
BunnyHop

I work out in my pajamas too. Barefoot.

Rotations? The most I can manage is to do a workout and put it on the other end of the shelf and work my way gradually down the line of dvds.

Lately, though, I'm in a rinse and repeat mode, doing the same few workouts in steady rotation. (J Brown yoga daily, either the dvd or on my own, of whichever length practice interests me; Classical Stretch season 8 disc one, an occasional KCM or Jessica with weights workout)
Old 08-22-17, 09:41 AM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
My confession: if I actually worked out as often and as long as I spent reading new and old threads on VF, I'd actually BE fit.
_____
YADeb
I could have written this confession. Same here.
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 09:59 AM  
momofcha

I love these confessions! I am a curly girl too and I also work out in what I go to sleep in

I have many of the same confessions, and I'm doing better by breaking my "rotations" into 4 week "focus groups" - that is helping me stay on track a bit.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 11:00 AM  
cherimac

I always plan rotations to cross train...then go back to Pilates by Lisa exclusively.

I also sometimes workout in my pajamas.
Old 08-22-17, 11:27 AM  
TinaT

I know I've confessed this before, but as a reminder ... I'm feel like I'm the queen of "never have followed a rotation." As much as it sounds all organized and well thought out, .. my brain just doesn't work that way.

My other confession is that I sub in my "Simply Fit Board" whenever I don't like a segment or don't feel up to it. (I seem to do that alot lately). So for example, when I say I've done Firm Super Cardio just know the the board is in there too.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
confessions, rotations