Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-17, 05:50 PM  
Calistro

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizEMA View Post
1. Yes, I am certainly impressed (and in awe) by some of our fellow VFers.
2. I want to SEE what 800 workouts looks like!
4. I definitely carry more padding than I would like. (And not enough "up top", EVER. I am very UNendowed. LOL)

Calistro, I think your confession may have been my "favorite" one, yet!
You might not want to see what 800 workouts look like, (a hoarders paradise) I have taken them all out of the covers and put them in folders to make the collection look smaller than it really is

I am glad you like my confessions. I was actually embarrassed saying them, but now that the secret is out...Oh well...it is out there now.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-17, 07:13 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

At one point I figured out that I had gotten rid of over three hundred workout videos. This was fewer than I still owned and was back in the VHS, preDVD era. I no longer count them. I especially don't count virgins.

Several years ago I realized that what I do in workouts had really evolved and did a big purge of my collection. I have almost no workouts left from the early years after I started doing video workouts regularly in 1999. But I do still have the VHS tape of Jane Fonda's Light Aerobics and Stress Reduction that was the first workout I bought in 1988, though my only player for tapes is in a different house. I also have it on DVD and use it occasionally. Like once a year, maybe. It's sentimental.

For years I have lived in more than one place and usually have three different places where I work out. I frequently lose track of what I have where and end up with four copies of a favorite workout. Fortunately, I only have a small core of videos I have at all three places. But I'm still not interested in moving away from DVDs to streaming or downloads.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-17, 06:40 PM  
Genevieve M

These are all great - No wonder I can never quit VF! My confessions:

- workout in my jammies
- love workout toys, but only buy them on CL
- my current obsession is kettlebells. The YT workouts are so intense (or I am really, really bad shape), I take a lot of breaks. It usually takes at least an hour to get through a 1/2 hour workout
- rarely finish rotations
- hate machines

There - I said it...feeling so much better now....
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-17, 07:04 PM  
MathTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
I have learned my lesson for sure. I never talk about fitness dvds at work anymore.
I don't either. Someone always has something snarky to say.

I'm going get you Olivia Newton John's Let's Get Physical
I hope you don't have any Richard Simmons work outs
I bet you did Jane Fonda in the 80's
Old 09-18-17, 10:28 AM  
Marilyn

OK here's an embarrassing one. I like it if what I am wearing SOMEWHAT matches what the instructor or background exercisers are wearing. Not to say I own numerous outfits, but if it's close, I'm a happy camper!! Adds to my energy!
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 12:08 PM  
noodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
OK here's an embarrassing one. I like it if what I am wearing SOMEWHAT matches what the instructor or background exercisers are wearing. Not to say I own numerous outfits, but if it's close, I'm a happy camper!! Adds to my energy!
OMG Marilyn I'm the same lol! I like to try match Cathe as much as possible and convince myself i work harder then
Jamie
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 01:43 PM  
LizEMA

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
OMG Marilyn I'm the same lol! I like to try match Cathe as much as possible and convince myself i work harder then
Jamie
+2

I ONLY started doing this after subscribing to Cathe Live. I try to color coordinate with Cathe or find the general color theme in the class (as, oddly, they often seem to have one) and match that. And, when I do a DVD, I try to match Cathe and crew then, as well.

My workouts are more enjoyable that way.
Old 09-19-17, 04:46 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Originally Posted by Marilyn

Originally Posted by noodles
Jamie
+2

I ONLY started doing this after subscribing to Cathe Live. I try to color coordinate with Cathe or find the general color theme in the class (as, oddly, they often seem to have one) and match that. And, when I do a DVD, I try match Cathe and crew then, as well.

My workouts are more enjoyable that way..

You gals are so darned cute!!! I love it! Not to mention its a great excuse to buy more workout clothes! Hmmm, I think I need a new outfit!

Carry on you beautiful people! Wonderful confessions! Don't change!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-17, 10:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Red face collecting duplicates

I have to FORCE myself not to purchase a DUPLICATE of a favorite workout.

There's some weird inner struggle that occurs..."to rescue or not to rescue
this workout" as if it's a velveteen rabbit.

(It does feel better to confess this!)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 08:23 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
I once bought this RIDICULOUS short white skort at the Dollar Store - I thought I could play tennis in it but no, it's way way too short. I was SO happy when shortly thereafter, I started a Chalean Extreme rotation - I felt like that ridiculous skort was the exact right thing to wear to a "party" with Chalene & crew.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
confessions, rotations