Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-18-17, 02:30 PM  
alisoncooks

I had to go back and see what I previously replied:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I keep mine just around for the Pure Barre Lowry Lofts (though I also have that KV pilates dvd -- never use it). And I haven't used my Lowry Lofts in ages.... But my kids like to play with it!
And I LOL'd because since this thread, I'd gotten rid of my Pilates ring (and Lowry Loft DVD) only to reacquire them both again in the last year. AND GUESS WHAT?? I still haven't used either in ages. And my kids are old enough they don't play with my equipment any longer, so I can't use that excuse....

alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 03:40 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

I haven't used mine very much in the last few years, but when I first got one, I used it with Karen Voight's pilates circle workout. it is tough and pretty good:

here's a link to the compilation DVD that includes her pilates circle workout:
https://smile.amazon.com/Karen-Voigh...t+pilates+ring

I think I also have a few DVDs by Madeleine Lewis and Ana Caban too, but I always go back to Karen Voight's workout.

I have Mari Winsor's pilates circle workout - I believe I did it once or twice.

I also have the weight watchers pilates circle workout with Lara Hudson but haven't tried it yet!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 08:14 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I bought one in December, I have used it once. I found it almost had too much resistance, I will have to try it again. I have Karen's workout that uses it but that is the only one, my DVD also has her abs and back pilates workout so if I don't end up using the circle workout at least it's not a total waste.

I didn't like the ring as much as I thought I would, but maybe I need to try it some more. I will probably hang onto it though, I want to get into pilates more and since I am finally almost done with school I will have more free time and can hopefully get into a more consistent routine.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-17, 08:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I have been enjoying using the pilates ring this summer. I've had a couple of them for years but recently started using it again more frequently. I enjoy Berndatte Giorgi's pilates ring dvd and there is a shorter, but very good, pilates circle workout on her express dvd. Her express dvd also has a stability ball and band workout on it too. I use the ring with Mari Winsor's circle workouts too which I like a lot. I recently purchased the WW kit with Lara Hudson but only tried one small segment, which seemed a bit on the easier side but I'll have to try the whole workout before I decide.

I have the Winsor pilates ring and the Magic Circle, which I think came with Karen Voight's dvd years ago. I prefer the Magic Circle but am always on the lookout for other rings and also other pilates ring workouts.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-17, 08:20 AM  
TinaT

Summer Breeze ~ I really do like the idea of having it for variety. I have a couple of Pilates workouts that have the band as well. My biggest reason for not trying Barre, Pilates on a long term basis was boredom. Light weights, bands, and the ring should mix it up well.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-17, 08:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Summer Breeze ~ I really do like the idea of having it for variety. I have a couple of Pilates workouts that have the band as well. My biggest reason for not trying Barre, Pilates on a long term basis was boredom. Light weights, bands, and the ring should mix it up well.
I totally agree. The props do add variety and the ring in particular helps me improve my form. Lara Hudson's 10 MS stability ball workout is definitely more challenging than her other dvds. I hope you enjoy your new routine and get the results you are seeking.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-17, 05:03 PM  
Leonana

I wanted to get one because it's in a lot of videos on the Workout Hotel channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Workouthotel/featured

I tried one of her workouts with dumbbells and really liked it. I've never used a Pilates Ring, but I'd like to try one of her other workouts.
Old 09-19-17, 05:16 PM  
TinaT

Thank you. I've been looking at Lara Hudson's workouts as well.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 10:22 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I can't recommend Linda's (Barlates) Pilates Circle workouts enough. And they're free on youtube! She has the three on a DVD too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhl5ai0D-Hk (there are three of them altogether)
Old 09-20-17, 10:24 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=summer breeze;2733757]Lara Hudson's 10 MS stability ball workout is definitely more challenging than her other dvds. [QUOTE]

I love Lara's 10MS stability ball workout, and all her 10MS pilates workouts. Her more recent one with the long band is pretty intense too. I would love to see another one from her. Especially using the pilates ring!

Tags
pilates band, pilates circle, pilates circle challenge, pilates ring