Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-20, 08:12 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine DH is plugged into news all day too. He mostly goes online, but he tends to watch news on TV in the morning when he is getting showered/dressed and then when he is in the kitchen getting coffee, etc. Luckily, I am usually in the basement exercising during that time.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 04:43 AM  
cyana

Here's some good news: https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/wa...um/vp-BB16Egpc

Two of the penguins from the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago took a field trip to the Field Museum. Love Chicago's museums.

Carolyn - If you find that smaller masks fit better, a number of the Etsy vendors include the measurements for their masks in the product descriptions and you may find that helpful in finding the best fit. I took a disposable mask and measured it to get a feel for what dimensions might work best.

Major insomnia again last night, so I'm up super early, trying not to bother anyone else in the house and I'm getting ready to start my work day. Planning to take a work-out break later in the day. If you hear snoring, please nudge me!!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 08:53 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, thanks for the penguin video! It was cheery on a morning with so much bad news. A month or two ago, I signed up for CNN's "Good Stuff" newsletter, which comes on Saturdays. It offers various positive headlines, and there's always an animal video. A local radio station that I follow on Facebook also does "Happy Headlines." Sorry about your trouble sleeping last night!

Happy Monday; hoping for a better week for all.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-13-20, 10:11 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Everyday Yoga for Lower Body Flexibility: YogaVibes Mobility Week 2

Later this afternoon, I might walk to/from the park with my grandson.

Cyana, that's a fun news clip--thanks for sharing it. I wish there was a "Happy" news channel on TV!!

Beth, thank you for telling us about CNN's "Good Stuff" newsletter--I signed up for that!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 12:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, that YogaVibes practice is the Sage Rountree one, right? I like that one. Hope you enjoy the CNN newsletter!

Today when doing Turbo Jam, I watched the cast after. I noticed that they pronounced Chalene's name "SHAY-lean"; I always thought it was "SHA-lean."

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-13-20, 01:03 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I think it's one you had told us about. It's this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXPr...LOa6sMwhtmBxk-

I always thought it was "SHA-lean" too.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 02:14 PM  
Garrie A.

Hi all! Sorry to have been MIA. Last week I went back to the rec center, and it felt great to start teaching again. I missed all my students! The restrictions only allow 10 per class, so I don't get to see all my students. But I do get to see some! I did notice for two of my classes, two of the students didn't show up. They are required to call the front desk and say they aren't coming. Miss two classes and you're taken off the list.

Here was last week for me. I played with a few P90X workouts then finished the week with a Firm.

Sunday:
P90X Chest & Back

Monday:
P90X Plyometrics
TAUGHT Step class

Tuesday:
P90X Shoulders & Arms followed by my version of Ab Ripper X (do a Tony exercise, followed by a plank)
TAUGHT Pump class (class is shortened to 45 minutes now)

Wednesday:
P90X Yoga (1st time; liked it but it's too long at 90 minutes. My DVD also started skipping towards Twisting Chair Pose. It then stopped but I was getting annoyed with my DVD player. So I stopped when it was time for the Yoga Belly 7, then did Happy Baby's Pose then did my own Savasana.)

Thursday:
Rest day

Friday:
The Firm: Supercharged Sculpting (from the BSS4 series, a nice short total body strength workout led by Pam Cauthen from Firm Strength fame; speaking of her today is her birthday!)

Saturday:
Mow Max

Yesterday I started a Cathe Gym Style week:

Sunday:
Cathe's Gym Style Chest & Triceps

Today I gave Cathe's IMAX 3 a whirl. I bought this at an out-of-town Goodwill last year for $1.50. I ed IMAX 2, but didn't care for IMAX 3 (still have to try the first one). There were hardly any recovery periods between intervals , and the intervals were too long for my taste . With IMAX 2 the recovery periods were just right between intervals, allowing me to catch my breath, get a sip or two of water, and regroup for the next cycle. IMAX 3 was a whole other animal. During the intervals there were times I thought Cathe would give me a short recovery to catch my breath (before repeating on the other side), only to go right into the second round on the other side. (Yes, I took breaks throughout.) The only saving grace was the music (recognized some 80s techno remakes of Michael Jackson, Bon Jovi, and the Tainted Love song). When it was time for the 7th interval cycle I cooled down on my own, then chaptered over to the final stretch (which was excellent).

I'll be back in a few minutes with personals. Gotta catch up on last week's thread first!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 02:41 PM  
Garrie A.

Sandra: Thanks for starting us off, as always! I've fallen apart and off the wagon more times than I care to count. And am slowly learning to accept this new normal even with bouts of "covid malaise" here and there. I haven't done the FitPrimes in a long time. My favorites were the original Strong Bear and Fast Cheetah ( Tracie ), and I also liked Metaboost from the WHFN series. I have Lower Body Burn (only to complete my WHFN collection), but it didn't make it past preview. LOL! Its upper body counterpart looks good though.

Paine: My mom is an avid news watcher. I have to be in another room or in my bedroom because I'm tired of hearing it.

Anny: Your son is lucky that he puts on muscle easily! I've put on some muscle since I started working out eight years ago, but it's been a hard fought battle. The most I ever put on was probably during my Cathe STS rotation. I got stronger more than anything though (same with my ChaLean Extreme rotation).

Cyana: Sorry to hear about your crazy work schedule. When Fall rush starts I'll be working more hours, but I don't know how it will work with my rec center job. All bookstore orders will be processed online, and we may or may not be able to hire temps to help us pack and ship. Thanks for the penguin video! It brightened my day. Yes, our numbers have (thankfully) slowed down but are still steady.

Beth: Thanks for the links to the articles. My hamstrings are very tight and I always have to stretch them more after I finish a workout. I'm glad you got to go to a book sale!

Carolyn: You had a great week! I need to do Strength & Stamina again. It's one of my favorites!

I forgot to mention....I got my hair cut today! It's been a while.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 03:18 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Hi. Once again I'm trying to get back to posting. I haven't been here at all since last time and I don't remember when that was. Hoping to do better.

You all are so used to being around people I can't imagine how hard social distancing is for you. I used to see my lawn guys every week but I changed that to every other week right before my SO took over the job for free to save me money. I see him for two days twice a month. He takes me to pick up my meds every month. That's the only time I leave the house. Meow Meow and I entertain each other. She keeps me hopping. Because my food choices are very limited I buy everything online.

So Saturday I did upper body with Margaret's Getting Better. Sunday I did back and arms with Gilad's Express Workouts, and abs with Gilad's Quick Fit. Today I'm doing chest and shoulders with Cathe. Trying to decide between Pure Strength and CrossTrain Express. I'll use dumbbells for everything. My barbell is on the porch and I'd rather not touch metal that's been out in the heat.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 04:07 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi Linda! I can see why you have rolled right into social distancing. DH and I are pretty much home bodies overall, although I do miss teaching yoga. I'm glad to be getting to some outdoor classes while it's warm.

Garrie, I am sure you're excited to get back to teaching! Sounds like it's going well. I saw Cathe's Muscle Max at the book sale last week but passed since I've owned it before (good workout, but Cathe and I never seem to get along long-term ). This week's yoga practice (when I get around to filming) will likely have somewhat of a hamstring focus, which Paine had suggested.

Did another library pick-up today and then got caught in the rain at the farmer's market.

Follow me @YogiBethC