Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-12-20, 07:25 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies-2020 Is Like Looking to Cross the Street & Getting Hit by a Plane 7/12

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 07:40 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

OK. So I tried to take that quote I posted about last week and tried shortening it. For anyone who might have missed it, the original was:

Quote:
2020 is like carefully looking both ways before crossing the street and getting hit by an airplane.
Yesterday, I got a fair amount done in organizing stuff in my office. I'm starting to see more clear space. Yay. And I attended the church service.

Today, I have a tutoring session after lunch. Then, I'll go hang out at Mom and Dad's for a while. Taxes are still consuming DH, so I'm trying to give him space.

Paula - I hope the trip gives you a break and a boost. It's good you are able to get out as much as you do whether it's for a walk or a flight.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-12-20, 07:53 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I found a couple more quotes for future themes and thought I'd post them here. Don't know if they'll be used, but it's nice to have options:

Crone Cronies - 2020 Be Like: January, February, Quarantine, December.

Crone Cronies - I'm Throwing a Quarantine Party This Week. You Aren't Invited.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-12-20, 08:20 AM  
sciencelady

Thanks for getting us started, Laura! And fitting that phrase in the title space!

I think I got about five drops of rain yesterday - nothing much at my house, but other areas got slammed by rain. Today, more putzing and weeding, doing laundry, walking Gus and enjoying one of our top 10 weather days around here!

Paula, enjoy your time away from home and I hope DH's screenings and biopsies go well!

Laura, thanks for the future titles! Hope your tutoring session goes well! I'd think I'd have a hard time remembering everything for taxes this late in the year...

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 08:09 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. The only workout I got today was a neighborhood walk with DH.

We leave tomorrow morning so don't expect another post from me until Wednesday.

Laura, good possible themes. It's always a good thing to leave one's spouse alone when deep into anything that takes their total attention.

Anita, glad the rain missed you. I deep watered today too. It's been lovely weather here, I'm hopeful we have nice weather for our trip.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 06:43 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

DH has a chiropractor appointment this afternoon, and I'll try to get my stuff done before that. I finished Jessica's Summer of Strength this past week. I think now I'm going to focus on doing workouts that are circuits or cardio with a strength component. I don't want to stop strength work, but I want more cardio.

Yesterday was a nice day. The tutoring session went really well. She is computer savvy enough to get the basic concepts, but doesn't know much about Excel - my favorite type of person to work with. Then I went over to Mom and Dad's and we just sat and talked. It was a nice time of catching up and hanging out.

Paula - Hope your trip was good and the weather cooperated.

Anita - Yeah, fitting this week's theme was like putting together a space-constrained puzzle. The weather is on right now and they are showing thunderstorms in your area today. I hope they aren't too severe, if yoy get them. I have said to DH multiple times, "That is over a year ago! I don't remember!!!!"

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-13-20, 08:11 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, making a run to the store to pick up more Gus kibble as well as some cleaning supplies, and just putzing around here - might try to mow the yard before the storms come in today.

Paula, hope you have a wonderful trip! I'm hoping the rain hits me today, otherwise I'll have to pull out the hose to water the plants on my patio.

Laura, glad you've got a good tutoring client! I'm not doing as much record keeping in Excel type programs for my taxes any more, but still have paper receipts (and ItsDeductible files) and things designated as donations in my Quicken file. I'm trying to do standard deduction one year and then pooled donations the next year to get a more detailed return - we'll see how that goes for 2020 taxes!

Anita
Old 07-14-20, 08:18 AM  
sciencelady

Guess I get to talk to myself here today! Good morning!

I'm planning on walking Gus in the rain, getting my hair cut, doing some shopping while I'm out getting my hair cut, and putzing around. I'll also be working on an audit for a professional group I'm still part of - luckily audits work with my secretarial skills I've been doing these last few years. Can I do much in the professional field otherwise - nope!

Anita
Old 07-14-20, 12:20 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Anita - Nah. You just never know when I'll show up these days. It is quiet here this week. Hope you enjoyed the haircut. Mine is on Friday. My hair is thicker than usual, but not nearly as bad as the first cut post-shutdown.

DH is finishing taxes today and I'm helping where I can. Other than that, I'm getting stuff done around the house - laundry, cleaning up the kitchen, gathering food for a donation, etc. DH and I went for a short walk this morning and I want to do another short workout this afternoon.

Everyone have a good day. Stay cool, if you can.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-14-20, 07:53 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout over the past two days other than walking with DH and lifting a fork to my mouth. We had nice weather for the trip and had an enjoyable flight.

Heard on the television this morning that our governor is closing things back down in most counties due to rising cases. Of course my county is included in the shutdown. I may not get another haircut for a couple years. Just this light activity wore me out, I plan to be in bed early.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote