Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-20, 03:31 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, we went out to eat on a Monday night, so that might have something to do with our spacing. People were standing in line to get into Longhorn but we went to a smaller independent place instead.

Terri, Our pots don't have holes in the bottom and I've put sponges in the bottom to hold moisture. And we still water everyday. I'm glad to hear that your back is better and more importantly you found the cause!

Nora, Thank you!

I'm still not getting a lot of sleep. We go to bed at 10:30pm, I wake up at 3am and am usually up until at least 4, today it was 5, which is when Hubby gets up. My alarm goes off at 8am, but if I turn it off Cindy wakes me up at 9. I'm trying not to take naps but I'm wearing out!

Today I did 30m Latin Walk 2 with Up To The Beat Fitness. It was fun and short! just what I needed.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 07:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 51 minute walk with DS and that was it for the day. Today is back and legs I think but I'm not sure if I can do it. My friend's niece passed away in May and they're having a memorial service for her this morning.
I wasn't sure if I was going because of covid but I decided I should go and just be very careful. So I'm not sure if or when I can do my workout. We're also expecting a tropical storm in NJ so unless I walk right now I think the walking is out today too.

PENGUIN, nice job with the short and sweet workout. I don't sleep well either.
Some nights I'm awake for 2 or 3 hours and then finally fall asleep around 5 or 6 again. Frustrating.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 10:23 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today: Leslie Sansone Party Mix
Yesterday:LB with Karen Gentz. I bailed at the 20 minute mark, though. Couldn't face the third set1
Day before: 50 minute walk

SB - Sorry about your friend's neice. I heard about that storm coming, and I hope it's not too violent. Did you get your walk done?

Terri - I really like Petra's personality because she is calm and not a whooper. I also like her accent. I do not always like her choice of music, however.

PP - fun fact: one of my neighbours up here at the lake is from Memphis so she keeps up with the weather at home. She told me it's been hotter here this summer than in Memphis. Of course...she comes here to get away from the heat. Not working this summer!
Old 07-10-20, 11:36 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

SB, I hope the tropical storm is mild, and that none of us get a hurricane this year. Someday I do hope to get myself to put in a P90X workout -- you make me want to.

Nora, I've been out of touch with workouts for a long time, was Leslie's Party Mix fun?

PP I have a weird solution I use when I wake up in the middle of the night, and can't fall back to sleep. I'm sorta embarrassed to relate it, but: I pretend I'm on Survivor. I don't know how I started, or why it works, but I never get past building a shelter, and I wake up hours later.
It sounds even goofier written out, but something about imagining getting to shore and dealing with characters, and building a fire or something knocks me out.

Big news!!! I did an actual workout
Margaret Richard's Beauty To the Bone upper body from workout "A". I stopped partway thru the abs. I used to do this dvd a lot, so pretty much knew what to expect. I used 5 lb weights for most, down to 3 for shoulders, and still was in misery before we were thru with any body part! I am feeling the DOMS! Did 40 minutes of walking, too.

Today, 21 minute walk so far.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 08:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Well yesterday turned out to be no workout or walk. It happens sometimes.
We got maybe 5 inches of rain, give or take, but thankfully no flooding or power outages where I live. Other parts of the state weren't so lucky. They are expecting more rain later on this afternoon. I am planning a walk soon with DS. It's Kenpo X today but I may do weight work from one of my dvds to make up for missing yesterday's weight workout.

The memorial service was sad of course. I was a little taken aback by the amount of people there. The room was filled to capacity. It was a small room but still, well over 50 people. I thought there were limits to these things. I stood in the hallway and watched from there with a few other people. I wasn't comfortable with the whole situation but it is what it is. This is life now for the foreseeable future.

NORA, nice workouts.

TERRI, good job with the MR workout and walking. Ah DOMS. Well done. I sometimes start thinking of certain scenarios when I try to fall back to sleep.
Not survivor necessarily but maybe thinking back to a certain time in life and trying to recreate it and remember the sequence of events. Usually puts me out. I guess my life was boring

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!!
Old 07-11-20, 11:27 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I had a distant relative pass away recently, and they had a very limited in person service, but streamed it on line so others could watch. Most of the siblings are in their 80's, so didn't want to take a chance on spreading anything.

Walking yesterday and this morning, pulled about two weeds, and decided they'd be easier to pull when they get taller

Hi to everybody!

Meister Eckhart

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
Old 07-11-20, 12:46 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday.

Today, I went for an early 1hour 15 minute walk. It's a good thing I went early because now, it's raining.

Terri- that Party Mix Lesley is probably more fun than some of her stuff. It's OK. I tend to do her stuff when I'm feeling tired but want to do something, or if (like yesterday) too hot to do anything more taxing.

SB- I would have been out there in the hallway with you. There's no way in hell I'd go into a small room with 50 others.
Old 07-12-20, 08:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 62 minute walk with DS and that was it. It was so humid it felt like walking through pea soup. I was done for the day after that. We are planning to walk a nearby trail soon. I'm thinking it will be cooler walking through the woods than on the streets. Not sure if I'll add on afterwards.

TERRI, nice job walking. I'm really not sure why they didn't have an online service. Now that I think back, it was kind of irresponsible and I'm sorry I went.

NORA, great walk. I'm regretting that I went to the service but it's done now.

Old 07-12-20, 02:40 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I was going to mow the back yard this morning, but ended up just using the weed wacker and telling myself I'd mow tomorrow. Probably will.
I was pretty sweaty by the time I was done, so went ahead and got on the treadmill with an e-book (The Banty House) which I'm enjoying so much I did over an hour without realizing it.

There was a hawk in one of my bird baths after I came in from weed wacking! He pretty much filled it up, so I don't think he got much of a bath, but I did watch him (or her) drink and bob some. I'd wondered what was getting in them and splashing out all of the water every day, now I know, and I'm so excited. I'd seen them in my oak trees, and once on my front porch, and hear them all the time, but seeing this one use the bath was neat.
I guess it doesn't take too much to make me happy - birds, lizards, toads

Hi to everybody!

Meister Eckhart

Old 07-13-20, 08:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 50 minute hilly walk with DS. The original trail we were going to walk on through the woods was very muddy and puddly from the storm Friday. So we went to the park across the street and walked there. There was a path off the park that goes up a very long steep hill so it was a good workout.
I did tweak my back on the hill though. I defintely need new walking sneakers. We are planning a walk shortly and it's P90x CS&T today. Yikes.

TERRI, great job walking on the TM. Glad you're enjoying the birds, hawks and lizards. We have tons of deer here. I'm also noticing many more squirrels than usual when we're walking.