Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-10-20, 04:12 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I remember Christi inviting people to her taping and seeing a group at the end of one of her workouts! Were you in there?
Helen - Actually, I'm embarrassed to have 3 streaming services, it seems like overkill! The first 2 I tried, liked, and signed up for a year because the price was right. I couldn't resist a 90 day free trial with Peloton, really enjoy it, was going to sign up after Les Mills expired. Then hubby, the enabler, told me to keep Peloton because he might try it.
Waves to Pam!

7/9 - 30 min. Walk & Run, don't remember the instructor, but it was a struggle! Then Unplugged E13.
7/10 - 1 Mile walk with Leslie's crew (no Leslie!), then UP E14, then BeFit Rebounding for Weight Loss. The last one packed a lot into 11.5 minutes! I need to do more rebounding! There will probably be a dog walk later since the rain has finally stopped.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 06:46 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Not in the end pic....

I don't know how they missed me.

I am not in the end pic. It's like they panned, I was behind a pole or something? Or they edited it ... I forget what the reason. But bizarrely? Not in the pic. but I was there!!!!

We VFers went on a lot of road trips back in the day. Met at Cathe's and did her road trip when she had the old gym and there was only a handfull of us. (I think I was on the second trip, not the first). Christie Taylor came over to the hotel one night on one of the trips. We went to the filming of Christi's and then there were CIA conventions in Philly and AAFA (I think that was it?) Up in Cape Cod. Went to several of those as well. Always a great time.

Then there was the time I went up to Andre Houle's gym he taught at in CA when I was doing a bike ride out there. Met with him (had met him before). Chatted and had breakfast the next day!!! Those were the good ole days. Wonderful memories.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 11:37 PM  
Helen

CLEDA
Yes, I had a good look to see you, but couldn't. Thought I just may not have recognised you. How disappointing to have been left out.
They sure would be wonderful memories! And you MET Andre?! No wonder you're so smitten.

Speaking of Christi:
Sat., 11th Jul.
61min, Christi - Totally Hot Cardio - + Bonus Cardio Mix
Had a great time! Buddy dropped out once we hit the bonus & she played with her dog whilst waiting for me, then joined back in for the stretch.
We're going 'learn mode' for Christi's Still Jumpin' tomorrow, combining with Yoga Booty Ballet - Goddess Booty. YBB is totally new for me - found a whole bunch of them on YouTube.
Rain predicted all this coming week - will have to catch the breaks for Alice.

LILI
Did your husband ever try the Peleton? Had a look on YouTube for Margaret's Unplugged. Love the outdoor setting!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 12:55 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quickie post, sorry I’ve fallen behind!
Preoccupied with my studies and playing with my granddaughter. We are back in the city to return her home and spend the night.

July 8:
~7 km beach/trail hike with DH & our granddaughter

July 9:
~neighbourhood walk
~a little yin at bedtime

July 10:
~Jessica’s Belly Blasting Cardio (youtube)
~Ellen’s Yoga Tone

I’ll be back to chat in a day or two, waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 05:28 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Pictures

Helen: Yeppers ... Met Andre. will have to look through my pictures as there is one of the two of us together outside the little cafe he suggested for breakfast in San Francisco. It was the Bluebird or Blue something. We had rain yesterday (tropical storm Fay) but we didn't get hit as hard as other parts of the state! (although it did rain all day). I can't say I miss having to take a dog out in that kind of weather.

Pam: being preoccupied with your granddaughter is the best.

Waves to Lili & Kay and all lurkers.

Me, me and all me.
(and you know what the workouts will be. ha!)

7/10/2020: 10 min. tread warmup with Adrian, 30 minute endurance run on the tread with Matt Wilpers, 10 minute cool down w/Matt Wilpers (so a total of 50 minutes on the treadmill!!!). On to 10 minutes Full Body strength with Becs Gentry + 5 minute core with Christine (for my strength challenge) and wrapped it all up with a nice 10 minute "All For One" run stretch with Adrian.

Nice little workout and feeling fine today. Life is good. I just joined the team for the Pelothon 2020 and wrote out everything I have to do. Nothing too bad. This week may be the worst with having to take one class from every instructor. (I chose the group with 6 instructors). still, not a huge deal for me (I don't think). After that the weeks are pretty easy:

Week 1) take a class with each instructor
Week 2) take any 2 live classes (or encore is fine)
Week 3) 5/7 days active challenge
Week 4) a.) Send 10 high 5s and b) wrap up the challenge with an epic Pelothon 2020 class -- not sure what this means, but it's all good.

Each week I'll get a badge when I complete the mission and then an additional badge for doing them all. YAY ... more badges. lol.

Looking on KCM's website, she says she's in post production and stay tuned for ship date. (I did mention I caved and pre ordered her 2 latest dvds, didn't I?)

Feeling good. Onward.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 07-11-20, 05:02 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - hubby has not tried Peloton, or any other platform. He likes to get on the bike or treadmill and watch mindless TV and get in his zone. He hasn't done any thing since he hurt his back on the golf cart. I'm hoping he gets back into it. I like Margaret's outdoor settings, too.
Pam - grandkids can keep you busy!
Cleda - You are ready to go! I like a plan, it makes life simpler. I even do a menu. For me, it makes life easier.

7/11 - a dog walk this morning, then Les Mills Body Step #103, the 30 min. version and a 15 min. Body Flow, Total Body #1. I enjoyed the Body Step class, but I was panting after 30 minutes, glad I didn't go longer!

Old 07-12-20, 06:39 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Planning and menus

Lili: I WISH I could make and stick to a menu. A meal plan. Anything like that. I don't. I'm pretty sure I could if I focused on it, but I don't. I have a general idea (with a full freezer) but I pull something out in the morning and hope I'm in the mood for it at night. Does that make sense? I would do better on program if I did. Maybe I should try (again?) But fitness? I love a plan and I'm there trying to figure out how to get it all into my schedule. How can that be? Oh well.

Moving right along through my month. can't believe how fast time goes.

7/11/2020: 45 mins. MAX ride with Matt (this is one of 2 toughest rides this week. Done and dusted. YAY.), 10 minute cool down ride with Denis, 10 mins. core with Christine, 15 minute stretch with Denis (and of course, the usual 5 mins. stretch off the bike w/Matt at the end of his class).

I am pleased that I am doing all the strength. It's not a lot 5-15 or so minutes a day and although I might be a tiny bit sore, I'm doing fine with it. It's just enough add on. And come to find out, it's a lot of the classes I do anyway. Glad I kept up with kettlebells and at least SOMETHING as I do the bike as I'm not nearly as DOMs affected as I thought I'd be. Life is good.

Schedule for strength printed and ready to be hung up and I have a jump on my Power Zone week. Easy day today and meeting Nancy for Sundays with Love !!! Then tomorrow another brutal ride before easy peasy the rest of the week (but a 90 minute ride is slated somewhere in there.)

Ok, off to get some chores done before my ride.
Make it a great day!
Waves to all.
Cleda
Old 07-12-20, 08:45 PM  
Helen

Drive-by - hit the 2nd week & have SO much to do this week before going back!

Sun., 12th Jul. with buddy
23min, Teigh & Gillian - Yoga Booty Ballet - Goddess Booty
35min, Christi - Still Jumpin' - Section 1 Mix for buddy to learn it
45min, dog walk
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 05:25 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - a menu is not for everyone, most people like to decide what they want that day. For me, it cut down on trips to the grocery store, and when hubby did most of the cooking, he loved having everything planned out in advance.
The Unplugged workouts are only 25 minutes, and part of that is warm up and cool down, so probably less than 20 minutes? That's why I decided to go for 5X a week. It all adds up!
Helen - your workout buddy is really helping to keep you consistent!

7/12 - dog walk in the morning, then I took a long walk later in the day, through the woods behind the reservoir, close to 1 1/2 hours.
7/13 - dog walk, 1 mile with Leslie for a warm-up, then Unplugged 2015. I procrastinated too long, so nothing else. I just signed up for a Step Bet to keep me motivated, so I will be doing something after dinner to get my extra steps!

Old 07-13-20, 09:24 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone, again I apologize for not being around much!

July 11:
~TERD - busy with family in the city & had several stops to make on the way home.

July 12:
~ETV: Essentrics Conditioning for Yoga
~Ellen’s Cardio Core

July 13:
~20 min gentle gliding
~Ellen’s Sweet 15
~ETV: Stress Release
~MFML: Hip & Spine Unwind

My low back is acting up, SI dysfunction again, so I’m keeping my workouts gentle this week.

Lili & Cleda - I’m a bit of a menu planner, didn’t used to be though. Now that I’m ordering groceries online once a week, I have to think ahead. When DH is up to cook, I just tell him what I want, lol. He is a good cook, has a few specialties & loves to pat himself on the back when he cooks a nice meal. It’s a big change from years back when he was admittedly pretty hopeless in the kitchen. Lately he’s taken to baking bread from scratch and it’s pretty good!

Nice workouts Helen! I used to love YBB & should pull those DVDs out sometime. They always make me smile.

Waves to Kay!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote