Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-20, 09:57 AM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Hey Daphne!!! I haven't been on VF the last few days, but I was just thinking of you this morning at Burke Lake. So glad you're able to check back in. I get Capitol Police updates every time they're called into action on the Hill. Needless to say I've gotten a lot of emails! But so far I don't think there's been damage in that part of town. We had a peaceful protest in Burke yesterday. It was nice to see the community come together for justice.

I have been so tired this week and had a minor fitness setback, but I'm still doing ok. So far yoga 3x, running 2x, backyard bootcamp 1x, and five miles of walking yesterday. It's hot and humid again, so tomorrow's planned backyard bootcamp will be indoors. Then it's supposed to be nicer out Sunday for another run.

Gotta get back to work. So glad it's Friday!
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 05:59 PM  
Vantreesta

Thurs
32 minutes (from 2.55 mi for 10k trainer wk4 day2) R-AM
20 minutes (from PT exercises for pelvic stability & glute strength) R-AM
22 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 14 & 19, YT) T-AM looks like missed day 14 somehow

Fri
47 minutes (from K. Voight Burn & Firm Circuit Training) I bought this DVD last year so I thought this was my first time for the workout but I swear it's the same footage as in Slim Physique for Your Week . It was humbling to start out with 5 lb dumbbells and then drop to 3 lb. And my chest and triceps were sore by evening already!

Sat
32 minutes (from 2.63 mi for 10k trainer wk4 day3) SAT
20 minutes (from Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice from memory) did my yoga outside under a tree and really enjoyed it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 06:27 PM  
Vantreesta

Daphne, I'm glad you're enjoying Peleton. I thought about doing the free 90 day trial they offered but was running out of room on my phone for more apps and by the time I did anything about it they were back to the 30 day. It's just as well since I would have to just do the workouts from my phone. I get your rower dream. I have an orbital arm rower and enjoy it a lot but after I used a Concept 2 rower.... I still like mine and for the $30 I paid for it I'm very happy with it. I just need to use it more!

Alison, glad you're still keeping up with your workouts. I hear ya on being tired. I feel tired and starving all the time lately!

So the vertigo exercises made me feel rotten. Thursday after doing them I felt just weak, wiped out and dizzy (glad I didn't do them till after I worked out!) and dozed all afternoon. When I told him Friday morning he said to stop doing them for now. In February I had problems with my ear plugging up and then a day with vertigo so bad I stayed in bed till like 7 PM. After that I was mostly having normal but more frequent dizzy spells. I missed chiro appts with everything that was going on, was away from home about 2 1/2 months out of 4, spent nights in hotels and days driving, missed a lot of walks and workouts all while dealing with the stress and sadness so I think my body is just telling me to slow down and readjust. I started taking an adrenal support supplement this week that I used to take when I was working so hopefully that helps soon. The dizziness is really only a problem if I'm lying down. I can even do downward dog and bend over to tie my shoes with no problems.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-07-20, 10:37 PM  
Vantreesta

No workout today. I spent a lot of time sitting on the floor with my laptop watching church and then updating my minutes challenge and spreadsheet and tonight I sat more comfy and updated my workout log while we watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2. My mom loved both of the Guardians movies and we watched them again in February. Really missing her.

Old 06-08-20, 04:05 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning after my chiro appt I ran 2.5 mi for wk5 day 1 even though it was already 83 degrees and sunny. Did my yoga under the tree again, mostly YfR with some variation and then some of Jill's foot exercises.

Old 06-08-20, 04:10 PM  
Daphne M

Hi Alison! - It's been peaceful around my office other than that first night of fires/looting and, of course, the day the AG had the protesters teargassed. (But aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln...) The "Black Lives Matter" paint up 16th street is awesome. 16th and H is actually where I catch my bus. How's Burke Lake? Is it crowded? Based on all the cars parked on 123, I assumed there must be a lot of people on the trail so I've been avoiding it. I do miss it though. What are you doing for your backyard bootcamp?

Vannie - It is nice to have something like a lighthearted movie to feel close to your mom. Maybe she is guarding YOUR galaxy for you now. Sounds like you're doing all the right things to help your body and spirit heal. How in the world do you sleep if lying down aggravates the vertigo? I actually do Peloton on my phone on the treadmill, otherwise I just connect the phone to my TV with an HDMI cable and do it that way. I'm low tech.

Rowers - My neighbor has been thinking about signing up for Hydro rower, which is like a live, outdoor rowing version of Peloton. She sent me a link and I it's expensive. So mostly I just look at the promotional videos and drool. You have to buy their rower (which looks extremely nice) for the subscription to work as intended.

My workouts - I do a lot of the same workouts over and over these last few months. It reminds me of when I first discovered VF and had only a few workouts that I did repeatedly and was thrilled to have them. I'm very happy with outdoor runs, Peloton runs and a rotation of the few Cathe strength workouts that don't tweak my hip or back. I'm doing a lot with the Bosu too to strengthen my core, hips, knees and ankles. I do an occasional Peloton cycling class but they don't translate that easily to the bike + trainer, at least they don't for me.
  • Saturday - It was SO HOT and HUMID even at 6 am that I chickened out of my run and then I spent the rest of the day pretending like I was going to do a treadmill workout in the basement instead. At around 4 pm I stopped lying to myself and finally took a shower and believe me, the world rejoiced.
  • Sunday - Ran 3 miles outside, then met friends and there was a complicated mix of another 2-3 miles of walking and running. Then home and I did a DVD workout but can't remember which one(?) without looking and if I look I'll never make it back to this post.
  • Monday/today - Ran 2 miles outside then Bosu Total Body Workout, which is only about 15 minutes. Not hard -- but it has things I cannot do, so it IS hard. ( How do you go from kneeling on the Bosu to standing on the Bosu without using your hands, are you kidding me?)
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 04:46 PM  
Vantreesta

Jari Slim & Lean was such a long workout I couldn't convince myself to jump rope after. That was my first time doing that one and I definitely went with light weights. Then I did Cathe's stretch with ball #1 from Total Muscle Stretching. It was okay. I didn't feel like the ball added that much.

Daphne, once I lie down in bed it isn't too bad. Sometimes when I roll over the room spins but not every time. Sometimes I look drunk turning off the alarm in the morning! I'm still having problems doing floor work bc of the dizziness. This too shall pass. Eventually. Thanks for saying the Peloton workouts don't translate well to the bike trainer. That's what I would have been using the app for so now I'm less bummed about missing the longer trial.

Old 06-10-20, 05:43 AM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Daphne: We only have been to Burke Lake on Friday mornings (I'm allowed to be flexible with my work schedule and can take long breaks as long as I make it up later). I've heard it's very crowded on the weekends. For backyard boot camp, I have a circuit of 12 exercises that we do 1:00 work, :45 rest, repeating the whole circuit twice. It's a mix of cardio and strength. Megan kicks my butt every time. She was so sad soccer was cancelled this spring, but she used the time to rehab a knee injury and get really fit. She's going to rock whenever they're allowed to play again.

My left foot has been hurting a lot--I think it's plantar fasciitis again. I skipped my run yesterday and have been doing some stretches I found. My Blissology Align Your Yoga, Align Your Life starts today. It's quite a bit of work. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but today is 2 hours of video lectures plus reading.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 11:09 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning I did the jump rope workout I skipped yesterday. It was another of the type I hate: jump 30 sec, hold a pose/stretch for 60 sec, rest 30 sec, repeat for 10 min. I'm skipping past anymore like that. What a waste of time. TurboFire Stretch 10 always feels good on my shoulders after jumping rope. Cleaned house today bc my dad will be here for a few days. I ran tonight after our last walk, 2.56 mi for wk5 day2 and usual YFR after. Oh yeah, did Kassandra day 22 before breakfast.

Alison, I hope your foot feels better soon. My right one is acting up again too.

Old 06-11-20, 11:00 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning I did Kassandra day 23. We walked 3 1/2 mi after breakfast, the longest walk since before we went to AZ. I never got in any other workouts bc I had to finish cleaning and run to Walmart and GNC. We did get our other two walks in though. I won't try to workout while Dad is here, just the three walks a day. Cyric was so excited to see him!