Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-20, 08:42 PM  
fanofladyvols

Oh thanks for the suggestions! I think I will use Afterburn because it's one of my new to me workouts and should be good to build up to. I don't have any ICE workouts besides upper body. The other bootcamps I have I agree are "metabolic" in nature.

I think also AWT is metabolic but I don't feel like most of my Firm are of the intensity that I'm wanting for the build up...except for maybe Tough Tape..it definitely is!

I think most of my Tracie Longs fit the bill well (and I love them all!) but just wanted to try a Cathe this time around with some of my other untried metabolic workouts. I want to know if these guys are ones I should be keeping.

Anyone ever watch Must Love Dogs with Diane Lane? She has this scene where she tells the butcher she doesn't need a bunch of chicken hanging around. That's how I feel about these metabolic workouts. I kept them to build up to them..but now I'm like ...let's get on with it already Linda!
P.S. Here's the scene https://youtu.be/6Yzk_TTBcmw

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 09:28 AM  
manleym

Hi All!

Quick check in. Yesterday I did RWH Chest, Triceps & Shoulders followed by Pylo 2. Yay! I got through it! I feel SOO accomplished! Kim I used an 8 inch step but did do some modifications, especially toward the end of the workout when I was whipped. I thought the fast feet shuffles were, well, too fast, so I did them at my own pace. I'm short so doing them at Cathe's speed on an 8 inch step was an injury waiting to happen. I also thought the jump on and off the step, into a burpee, then 2 tuck jumps was a tad much, so I only did one tuck jump (or attempted only one tuck jump), and towards the end I was bunny hopping over the step instead of doing a full on jump like Cathe. And I took breaks when I needed them.

I generally don't notice outfits (or care what they're wearing) but I REALLY liked the pink tops. Just made everything seem brighter and happier. I also really like seeing Deazie in some of these workouts. I loved her in the Cardio Shock Series and I think Lower Body Blast. Again, I typically don't notice background exercisers but she really stands out to me. And I love her hair when it's down.

So later in the day I wandered over to Youtube because ya'll have been talking about UDAYA yoga and found Vytas Baskauskas, Find Your Practice - Stretch 1 full class. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this!!! Now this is a stretch, so no yoga, but that was EXACTLY what I was needing and looking for after! It was PERFECT!! I REALLY like Vytas and his practice so now I'm off to see if I can track down his workouts. Hmm...what other UDAYA instructors will I like???

Kittybug Really Wicked Hard is spot on! LOL!! I'm ready to leave it behind too! I've been doing RWH for 3 weeks and am feeling it too so I can't imagine doing it for 4 weeks! Whew! It's one tough series!! I'm also ready for some ICE!!! Let us know what you think of the yoga.

Bee yes - the next time I do RWH I will definitely add in different cardio and I will spread out the workouts. I had only done about 1/2 of the workouts so I wanted to be able to get through them all to say that I have. This group is my motivation otherwise those dvds would still be sitting in shrinkwrap on my shelf. So thank you ladies for spurring me on to try new workouts!!

Horusosiris thanks for the reminder about Cathe's Black Friday sale. It is on my radar! So is UDAYA.

Cataddict I remember that Samsonite commercial! What a flashback! Sorry your package was so banged up. Hope the dvds play and there won't be any issues.

Fanofladyvols that clip was HILARIOUS! Thanks for the laugh! Now I want to watch the movie!

Happy Wednesday my fierce friends!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 11:32 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Kittybug- Yes i forgot to finish my sentence. I edited my post above .
Ahhh, I so totally agree with your assessment! I also am not really a fan of the short segments. Sure, I can repeat them three or four times like she suggests or string a bunch of different ones together once I figure out the appropriate segments to do that with, but I find all of that time-consuming and disruptive and kind of a pain. I just want my one continuous workout session of an hour or more and to be done!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 02:08 PM  
horusosiris

Kiitybug- I agree. Just give me one continuous workout. When I subscribed to Leah's Iron Barre site, I emailed her about the shorter segments and not desiring to have to piece together a workout. She said that she did the segments in that manner for beginners and for some of the rotations that she was planning to post. I suggested that she do the entire workout and beginners could stop at a particular point that she suggested and go to the cool down. I also said that if we had to repeat segments 2-3 times that we had to hear her same remarks two to three times consecutively and we had to rewind each time. From her reply, I gathered that she did not want to consider changing anything. Of course that is her right and prerogative.

Linda- Yes,Tracie Long's workouts are metabolic. i am glad that you enjoy them. Several years ago I did a rotation of all of Tracie's workouts, beginning with all of her The Firm workouts.

Manelym- I always enjoyed the workouts that Deazie was in. She has such an infectious smile. I like the way that Cathe's workouts coordinate the color scheme of the outfits.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 02:21 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Kiitybug- I agree. Just give me one continuous workout. When I subscribed to Leah's Iron Barre site, I emailed her about the shorter segments and not desiring to have to piece together a workout. She said that she did the segments in that manner for beginners and for some of the rotations that she was planning to post. I suggested that I agree. Just five me one continous she do the entire workout and beginners could stop at a particular point that she suggested and go to the cool down. I also said that if we had to repeat segments 2-3 times that we had to hear her same remarks two to three times consecutively and we had to rewind each time. From her reply I gathered that she did not want to consider changing anything. Of course that is her right and prerogative.
This makes me feel so much less guilty about feeling the way I do and that I haven't been using her streaming more (and my sub is about to run out soon)! Thank you for your input!! Glad I'm not alone!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 02:39 PM  
horusosiris

Kittybug, et al. I have to stop writing posts in the middle of doing other things. I usually just quickly post and then later discover all of the errors. I guess all of you think that I am illiterate - LOL. I did correct my original post above.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 02:44 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi kids! Still here and my leg seems to be just fine. It was the weirdest thing! I did some gentle Yoga over the weekend to stretch things out. I felt it in my glute too. At any rate, by Sunday I could hardly feel anything.

Workouts so far. This week I'm taking a Cathe break and mixing in some other untried workouts.
Monday I did 80DO P2 Day 37 AAA that I was supposed to have done on Friday but one of the A's is ass so I postponed it.

Tuesday I pulled out an old set but new to me...the first Tapout XT set. I have XT2 and really like it. This one has shorter workouts so I'm doubling up.
Started with Tapout XT Plyo XT + Ultimate Abs. Really good sweaty cardio, not too much impact despite the Plyo name and it didnt' bother my left leg at all. The ab work was A++.

Today I did Tapout XT Ripped Conditioning + Competition Core. Both about 40 minutes but I cut one warmup out and one cool down out so it fit ok. Ripped is all band work strength and I used a couple different strength bands. Yow..it really catches up.
Comp Core is a mix of standing and floor core work but also mixing in some cardio. Reminded me a little of an MMA flavored Insanity Core Cardio workout.

So I'll keep doing a few more Tapout XT workouts this week and then back to 80DO and Cathe. I don't have any ICE workouts but I'm not quite done with RwH yet. Plus other untried workouts.

Kim: Finley in the fridge? Definitely don't shut him in! I hate when men comment about "don't get too big". I think they're just afraid. Luckily my hubby seems to like my muscles. Too bad if he didn't. I like mine!

horusosiris: those Sleek workouts sound pretty good. You sure are rocking them!

cataddict: I have been trying to do more of Cathe's premixes just to try something new. Mostly never disappoints. Yes as long as injuries heal fast, it's all good.

lavna: It's been hot and humid in Minnesota too. All over North America it sounds like.

bee: I only have one other Janet Stone practice but I used to have many more. Just outgrew here I guess. I have Mellow Practice too. More cowbell!

manleym: what practice is Lauren/Travis' Double Trouble? Do you have a link by any chance? I've been doing all Travis yoga this week so far.

kittybug: Psoas or whatever, it's all better now. I can only feel a tiny twinge in my glute. Weird.

ChelePA: YAY air conditioning! So glad you are more comfortable.

horusosiris: I subscribe to a few. I have Beachbody On Demand, Les Mills on Demand, Power Yoga, Udaya and Gaia streaming. I can't seem to give any of them up. Love them all.

Linda: GANDANK right back at ya!

Have a wonderful day/week! Missed you guys..sorry to be so MIA but the days get away from me sometimes.
Be Fierce, Be Watulan!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 03:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
This makes me feel so much less guilty about feeling the way I do and that I haven't been using her streaming more (and my sub is about to run out soon)! Thank you for your input!! Glad I'm not alone!
I'm in your club, too! That kind of stuff drives me nuts and I won't do those string together workouts.

Oh, it seems like maybe I should do some ICE this week along with some of you. I'll take a look!

Thanks for thoughts on school situations. No good answers at the moment, obviously, and we'll all just have to get comfortable with the uncertainty. I'll keep telling myself that.

Clearly, I don't have as many workouts as I might have because I never jumped on the Tapout stuff. I do think I have a few Janet Stone's, and I really will pull one out one of these days. She used to teach in SF and a friend of mine went to her class once. It was not the best experience, so I sometimes think of that -- I shouldn't let it sway me, but it does.

Linda, so funny about the chickens!! Love the way your memories are triggered.

I did Party Rockin' Step #1 this morning. Wasn't sure if I wanted 1 or 2, so I grabbed randomly. I think I had more trouble with the choreography this morning than I did the first time! But, still enjoyed it and definitely got in plenty of movement.

Happy Tax Day (for the Americans in the group)......
Old 07-15-20, 03:57 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Kittybug, et al. I have to stop writing posts in the middle of doing other things. I usually just quickly post and then later discover all of the errors. I guess all of you think that i am illiterate - LOL. I did correct my original post above.
LOL, you made me laugh out loud!!!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 04:02 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Hi All!

Quick check in. Yesterday I did RWH Chest, Triceps & Shoulders followed by Pylo 2. Yay! I got through it! I feel SOO accomplished! Kim I used an 8 inch step but did do some modifications, especially toward the end of the workout when I was whipped. I thought the fast feet shuffles were, well, too fast, so I did them at my own pace. I'm short so doing them at Cathe's speed on an 8 inch step was an injury waiting to happen. I also thought the jump on and off the step, into a burpee, then 2 tuck jumps was a tad much, so I only did one tuck jump (or attempted only one tuck jump), and towards the end I was bunny hopping over the step instead of doing a full on jump like Cathe. And I took breaks when I needed them.

I generally don't notice outfits (or care what they're wearing) but I REALLY liked the pink tops. Just made everything seem brighter and happier. I also really like seeing Deazie in some of these workouts. I loved her in the Cardio Shock Series and I think Lower Body Blast. Again, I typically don't notice background exercisers but she really stands out to me. And I love her hair when it's down.

So later in the day I wandered over to Youtube because ya'll have been talking about UDAYA yoga and found Vytas Baskauskas, Find Your Practice - Stretch 1 full class. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this!!! Now this is a stretch, so no yoga, but that was EXACTLY what I was needing and looking for after! It was PERFECT!! I REALLY like Vytas and his practice so now I'm off to see if I can track down his workouts. Hmm...what other UDAYA instructors will I like???

Kittybug Really Wicked Hard is spot on! LOL!! I'm ready to leave it behind too! I've been doing RWH for 3 weeks and am feeling it too so I can't imagine doing it for 4 weeks! Whew! It's one tough series!! I'm also ready for some ICE!!! Let us know what you think of the yoga.

Bee yes - the next time I do RWH I will definitely add in different cardio and I will spread out the workouts. I had only done about 1/2 of the workouts so I wanted to be able to get through them all to say that I have. This group is my motivation otherwise those dvds would still be sitting in shrinkwrap on my shelf. So thank you ladies for spurring me on to try new workouts!!

Horusosiris thanks for the reminder about Cathe's Black Friday sale. It is on my radar! So is UDAYA.

Cataddict I remember that Samsonite commercial! What a flashback! Sorry your package was so banged up. Hope the dvds play and there won't be any issues.

Fanofladyvols that clip was HILARIOUS! Thanks for the laugh! Now I want to watch the movie!

Happy Wednesday my fierce friends!!
Oh Manley, you've never tried Vytas' yoga??? I think you will love his practices too. He's my second favorite after Travis. He's really a close second, I like them both SO MUCH!

Oh, and I like Deazie too! She's got the best smile!! I saw her in Plyo #2 and for a minute I wasn't sure if it was her. She's not in a lot of workouts.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in