Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-13-20, 01:56 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Hi!

I did the upper body from Margaret's Beauty to The Bone yesterday evening. I've mowed the back yard, and 46 minutes on the treadmill.
I surprised myself by doing the mowing, but maybe getting back to different exercise is giving me more energy.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 08:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 63 minute walk with DS and that was it. My back got much more sore during the walk and between that and the heat I barely could finish the walk. P90x was out after that. I used heat and took advil but it's still very sore and stiff today. I may have to take a few rest days. It's a shame because today is such a lovely day, lower humidity and a light breeze. Ugh.

TERRI, great job with the MR workout, walking and mowing. Well done.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 10:35 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Gee, in my mind I've missed a couple days and look at all those posts!

So I think the last thing I told you guys was that Hubby would start work Monday. His Hiring Manager wanted him to start the 13th but HR said they couldn't get him in until the 27th. Since he found his own replacement at the school, he's taking a 2 week vacation. He's working on the camper again and we are hoping to take a short trip next week!

so no workouts to log. My parents are coming over again tomorrow, as they did Monday, so Dad can help Hubby work on the roof. A lot of the inside stuff can wait but we need the roof fixed!

SB, I'm sorry to hear that you are once again suffering from your back! I hate walking on hills. I finally caught up on my sleep but I tend to wake at 5am still.

Terri, They say more exercise will give you more energy. it seems weird but it also seems to be true. So have you named the hawk yet? I would love to know that something wild was taking advantage of our stuff. Well, we have those shallow mailboxes attached to the house and a bird is trying to build a nest in there. We are trying to keep the lid shut. Our mail ma'am has to walk from house to house. I'm not sure why they haven't changed that yet. I feel sorry for them. Streaming the service so others could 'attend' was a nice idea. When I was in HS I had trouble falling asleep so I used to 'tell myself stories' Like I was writing a book. Maybe I should start that again.

Nora, that's funny about your friend. Well she probably doesn't think its funny. Hubby and I were talking about where to go on the trip and my answer was anywhere with shade!!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 08:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Well yesterday was a rest day. I was sore all day. I thought maybe a short walk would help but I decided a full rest day might be better. It's even worse today, I couldn't even turn over in bed and could barely stand up when I woke up. I'm on the heating pad now and took some advil and at least I could walk to the bathroom after that. I'm thinking a short walk might help but I'll see if I can even walk without pain later before I attempt it.

PENGUIN, that would be nice if you're able to take a short trip before hubby's job starts.

TERRI, I remember your mentioning you had bad back pain after walking on an incline on your TM. I found your post and you seemed to have gotten better quickly. Did you do anything else besides the ibuprofen and rest? It seems you walked after a day or two and it worked out ok. If I can walk without pain I may try that later.

Waves to all. Stay safe everyone!

Old 07-16-20, 06:48 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Oh no SB. That sounds bad. Is it muscle soreness related to P90X? Or the back acting up again for unknown reason? Anyhow, I hope you're better today. I think you better buy those new walking shoes.

PP-I hope you find a nice shady spot to park your RV.

Terri-You're on a roll!

Yesterday: 32k on my bike. Let me just say my a** was mighty sore! Slept the sleep of the just last night.
Monday: 1 hour walk
Saturday: Nada
Today: I have an outdoor yoga class at 9am. might walk later too.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 07-16-20, 07:56 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I've been MIA for a while. My work life has meant that my life has been somewhat out of control since March. When the semester ended I thought it would get better, but there was so much that needed to be done in May and June that it remained out of control (and by that I mean that the amount of work that I was tasked to do exceeded the amount of time that I had to do it in any given day ) until after the first week of July. So, i'm trying to find some balance and get things back in control and one part of that is to start consistently working out and posting again.

My neighbor and I started taking evening walks around the neighborhood in late April. We've carved out a route that takes about 45 minutes. Since then, some days/weeks we've walked and sometimes, when we've both been busy with other things, we haven't.

I have started walking on my own in the mornings. So this week:

Monday - 60 min walk in the neighborhood (50 mins on our route and then 10 mins around my yard).

Tuesday - Nothing formal, though, in the evening, I did go through the motions with LM Dance Hip Hop Vol 3 on YouTube (16 mins.); I'm participating in an online Zoom Teach-In series and I couldn't afford to sweat out my hair before it started. So I washed and styled it that morning and I've tried to avoid messing it up/sweating it out through today, when we will conclude the series.

Wednesday - I did CH: Cardio Round Up and 1/2 of Wild Goose Chase barefoot and on carpet just kind of going through the motions to get to 10,000 steps for the day. I didn't do it intensely enough to actually sweat.

I may not get in a workout today because I can't walk this morning since I don't want to mess up my hair before part 2 of the Teach-In series and this evening I have a social distancing birthday celebration (with masks!) with 3 friends. If it's not too late when I get home, I'll try to fit something in.

SB - Glad to see you've kept us going! Oh no, about your back! I hope it will be OK, and that you feel better soon!

Nora - Sounds like things are going well at the cottage.

Penguin - Great news about you husband's job!

Terri - Congrats on getting in a workout! Neat story about the hawk in the birdbath.
Old 07-16-20, 09:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

My back is still very sore but the advil and heating pad offer some relief. I went for a short walk after dinner last night with DS. I did fine so I may try a another short walk or two today. I'm not a yoga person but I do have a few back pain yoga dvds I may try. It's the worst in the morning when I try to stand up and get out of bed. Hopefully it improves soon.

NORA, very nice job with your walking and bike ride. I hope you enjoy the yoga class. I'm pretty sure this back episode was caused by my leaning forward during my walk up the very steep hill on Sunday. I felt the twinges on the way down the hill and it just got worse the next day. I don't think
it's related to P90x but who knows? I won't be doing those workouts anymore either way. I think it's my usual back issue that got aggravated. And I was pain free for a year before this happened. I think this episode is the worst it's ever been. I hope it doesn't bother me for a year like it did last time

CAMBET, so great to see you!! I have been thinking of you and Julie lately, wondering how you guys have been doing. Sorry your work situation has been so out of control the last few months. Hopefully it stays manageable for you for awhile. Glad to see you were able to do some walking during the pandemic. I hope you can continue on a regular basis and add other workouts too. And hope you continue to check in with us when you can Enjoy your birthday party later.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!

Old 07-17-20, 08:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was another short 1 mile walk around the neighborhood with my kids and I added on some push-ups and planks. I'm hoping for another short walk today if the weather cooperates. I'm still in a lot of pain but I *think* it might be a tad improved. We'll see.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-18-20, 12:13 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday (Thursday) after I got home from the birthday celebration, I did CH: Down & Dirty. It was late and I was tired, so I did it barefoot on carpet, kind of just going through the motions (I don't think that I broke a sweat). I really just wanted the movement.

Today (Friday) I did a 58 minute walk around my neighborhood and yard (48 mins of brisk walk and 10 minutes of cool down around my yard). There are two big hills in my neighborhood, but there is also lots of level/flat parts, so I decided to start running a little in some of the level parts to add in a some HIIT. I haven't run in years, so I probably look ridiculous, but it helps with the calorie burn. This evening I did LM Hip Hop Vol 3 (16 mins on YouTube).

SB - Glad to hear that you've been able to get in some short walks, but sorry to hear that your back is still sore. I know it sucks to have to deal with that. Maybe the yoga or some stretching will help. Well, it sounds like there may be a little improvement, so that's good. I hope it continues to feel better.

Waves to All!
Old 07-18-20, 08:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

After reading some older threads about back pain on GD, I decided to do the flexibility segment from 10 MS Pilates on the Ball. A lot of people said it helped with back pain. I'm not sure it helped but it didn't hurt and stretching is always good. Once I take the advil, use the heating pad and icy/hot the pain is manageable. Then when I wake up in the morning it's very painful again but I do think it's slowly improving. At least I can walk around a little when I first wake up. We're entering a heat wave today so not sure if I'll walk outside but I will try some mild movement today or stretching.

CAMBET, nice job with the workouts and the walk/jog around the neighborhood. I used to enjoy walk/jogs for more calorie burn but unfortunately my back doesn't. Well done. Thanks I do think it's very slowly improving.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone.