Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-11-20, 12:56 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quickie post, sorry I’ve fallen behind!
Preoccupied with my studies and playing with my granddaughter. We are back in the city to return her home and spend the night.

Wednesday:
~7 km beach/trail hike with DH & our granddaughter

Thursday:
~neighbourhood walk
~a little yin at bedtime

Today:
~Jessica’s Belly Blasting Cardio (youtube)
~Ellen’s Yoga Tone

I’ll be back to chat in a day or two, waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 10:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quickie. Managed some dusting and vacuuming then treated myself to a walk at the beach.

Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 01:22 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hi everyone...

More Zoom for me this week. I have decent attendance on a Saturday morning in July....I think there was 14 in class. I'm due at the clinic for a lab today (Saturday!). I couldn't get in any other time.

Pat I'm glad you're able to do a little more each day. Lessons in patience, for sure.

Pam enjoy the grandaughter, and Victoria. I know how the studies go.

Kate hope you're able to squeeze in some yoga. It's hot here in MN, isn't it?

T the only thing I know is that I don't know everything! I do love Essentrics....pretty much all I do. How's the knee? Feel free to reach out if you want to chat.

Waves to Margot, and anyone else who stops by.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 04:15 PM  
cyana

I had hoped to walk more this week, but the weather gremlins were having a great time bringing on those summer thundershowers right when I'd budget some time to get out for a walk - four out of five days!! I was also covering for a co-worker all week, so I worked a lot of hours and had to do some time efficient thrown together work-outs, but at least I got something done every day except yesterday - my rest day.
Mon: AM - 3 hill walk/30 minutes, Essentrics hip cleaners - 3 sets of 10
PM - Holden PM Qi - extended practice.
Tue: Holden 6.22.2020 class - 5 Element Flow. 50 stability ball crunches, 20 stability ball back extensions (worked 14.5 hours this day )
Wed: overslept (no shock!) N.O. dump, 50 stability ball crunches, 20 ball back extensions, 20 push-ups on the ball (meaning my lower torso was on the ball with upper body tilting downward toward the floor - you can zoom in on your upper body form doing push-ups this way. Really helpful if you've had a shoulder injury and need to be super careful.), 20 (prone) leg raises on the ball.
Thur: Holden 6.25.2020 class - more Five Elements flow work. jog/sprint on the rebounder, 50 stability ball crunches, 20 back extensions, 20 ball push-ups, 20 ball leg lifts
Fri: stability ball crunches x 50, 20 back extensions, 20 ball push-ups, 20 ball prone leg lifts, N.O. dump, jog/sprint on the rebounder followed by 15 minutes of health bounce
Sat: rest
Sun: 30 minute steady-state walk, MFML - Issues & Tissues - Norman Blair , MFML - Swimming Dragon Qi Gong - Mimi Kuo-Deemer

Sherry - I cracked up at your description of Sara Jane! Sounds like the kind of instructor I need since I only have adults under my roof, and I'm all for entertainment to make me laugh while I'm sweating.

Pam - I'm glad you got rid of the Migraine Monster. Hoping you're enjoying your time in the city.

Jackie - I'm not on FB, but impressed that ds3 is making outdoor furniture! That's really solid summer attendance for your class - hope it stays steady for you. It's hot and steamy here, too.

Pat - Hope your hand is continuing to heal. A walk on the beach would always be good medicine in my world.

T - Where did you guys go on the west coast? The first time I stuck my feet in the Pacific Ocean, it was so cold I honestly couldn't tell whether my feet were freezing or on fire as it was such a bizarre sensory overload.

Kate - I hear you on the daily meditations for sanity - I'm right there with you! Hope your son is doing better.

Hope Margot is doing well.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 09:30 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone, again I apologize for not being around much!

Saturday:
~No workout, busy with family in the city & has a few stops to make on the drive home

Sunday:
~ETV: Essentrics Conditioning for Yoga - This was a nice workout, but I found the title rather interesting as Miranda does not like yoga, lol.
~Ellen’s Cardio Core

Today:
~20 min gentle gliding
~Ellen’s Sweet 15
~ETV: Stress Release
~MFML: Hip & Spine Unwind

My low back is acting up, SI dysfunction again, so I’m keeping my workouts gentle this week.

Waves to all, I’ll be back to chat more tomorrow!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 07-14-20, 08:04 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Sorry to be MIA but honestly there's nothing to report except a short core workout from Kathy Smith's Rejuvenation kit and some beach walks. I got the stitches out of my fingertip yesterday but it's still too sore to resume regular function and getting through a day of work wipes me out.

I hope to catch up soon with better typing skills and a sunshine-y attitude! Stay well everyone.
Old 07-14-20, 10:31 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Checking in with another gentle day....
~20 gentle minutes on maxi glider
~neighbourhood walk
~Essentrics class on zoom
~practiced Essentrics exam trademarks
~1 hour hip & leg focused yin for my cranky SI

Pat - I hope your finger feels better soon, constant pain is exhausting! (((Hugs)))

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 07-15-20, 09:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Getting much better! I should have something to report soon but I need to actually do it first.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-15-20, 10:23 AM  
sherry7899

I am sorry for not checking in. I haven't been doing anything. Both my knees have been cranky since last week. I'm going stir crazy without my dance cardio, and I feel all stiff from lack of yoga.

This morning I did a short practice from the you tube channel "Yoga with Bird" which was just right. I also did a few short qi gong segments from you tube. I just need some movement! I did get over 7,000 steps yesterday without cardio, though. My back was off yesterday. I was getting random pain for no reason. I think it was lack of yoga!

I will try to do personals later. I hope everyone is doing well. I hope to do short yoga and qi gong tomorrow. I am being very cautious with my knees. I don't want to use weights because my back is a little off.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-20, 12:50 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s offerings, still babying my cranky back....
~Taught Essentrics, two of my students came to the house & we practiced outside with social distancing on the the deck. Soooo nice to have human contact again. The others were on zoom, set it up with my phone on a tripod.
~30 min gentle gliding
~1 hour hip & leg focused yin

Pat- Happy to hear you’re on the mend!

Sherry - Hope your knees & back feel better soon!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn