Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-20, 01:07 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

DH as been dusting off some oldies lately! He did Slim Series Tone It Up the other day and today it was one of the original P90 workouts.

These days, I'm glad for the many videos we have.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 09:19 PM  
fanofladyvols

ITA Alta! Having a variety to choose from is indeed a wonderful thing to have.

I did the Firm Not so tough aerobics the other day. The outfits didn't bother me and neither did the music because the movements went with the beat..gasp! That can be done, LOL.

This workout lives up to the hype I have heard over the years. Perfect workout to get that sweat sheen without being drained. I can see some people not liking pulling out their step every now and then but I like how they used it. Lower the step, eliminate the step, lower your weights or eliminate the weights..this workout is super easy to modify.

I ❤ vintage!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 08:03 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Cathe's Mega Step Blast. A little dated: turquoise and coral leotards, 7 background exercisers crammed onto the set, and occasional whooping. It's a good solid step routine, though.
Old 07-23-20, 05:50 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Just did Michele Carmichael's FlexFuel (or Flex Fuel) today and it was a geat ~45 minutes of Body Pump-style weights. Not too hard, not too easy, great modifiers, mid-level weights because relatively high reps, zero dread (hardest part was the one arm rows where her first variation which is not a regular "lawnmower" style grip/movement was tough with a 20 lb dumbbell!) I liked it so much I looked up VF archives and got inspired to buy Met Fuel on eBay -- it's the circuit training version and I do need more cardio/weights options so here we go!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 01:02 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

DH did the one of the old Tae Bo Impact VHS. These use a punching bag. The set is so red it hurts my eyes!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 07-28-20, 10:45 AM  
fanofladyvols

Tiffany, I often get inspired to hunt other workouts ..it's a fun rabbit trail

Like Alta's red Taebo set reference...makes me want to see just how red it is

Recently did Karen's Total body training on her Total Body Pilates DVD. There's no way I did this one before. I would have remembered the inner thigh work and the ab DOMS the next day from under my armpits to the top of my glutes. Oowee. I used a mini ball and a figure 8 loop so not sure how it affected the difficulty level. I enjoyed the workout even though the music during the main part of the workout was awful to me. The warmup and cooldown/stretch were choreographed and lovely. Good stuff!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 07-28-20, 12:42 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Like Alta's red Taebo set reference...makes me want to see just how red it is
I think the Impact workouts were done on this set. Red walls, red carpet! Owie, my eyes!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 07-28-20, 02:15 PM  
fanofladyvols

This is such a whole hearted commitment to RED!!

Old 07-28-20, 07:35 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
ITA Alta! Having a variety to choose from is indeed a wonderful thing to have.

I did the Firm Not so tough aerobics the other day. The outfits didn't bother me and neither did the music because the movements went with the beat..gasp! That can be done, LOL.

This workout lives up to the hype I have heard over the years. Perfect workout to get that sweat sheen without being drained. I can see some people not liking pulling out their step every now and then but I like how they used it. Lower the step, eliminate the step, lower your weights or eliminate the weights..this workout is super easy to modify.

I ❤ vintage!!
NSTA is a good one! This one doesn’t kill me like Tough Aerobic Mix does (although I like it too). Benson-era FIRMs are fantastic.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 04:27 PM  
Gams

This morning I did a KCM strength workout, walked 2 1/2 miles with the dogs and walked through the woods searching for a missing dog . This afternoon I wanted to do something light and fun, so I pulled out Tamilee Webb’s Fit to the Hits Motown Moves. It was just what I needed and great music.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts