Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-12-20, 08:59 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of July 12

Good morning everyone. My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - That puppy is beyond adorable!

Have a good Sunday, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 02:52 PM  
Vantreesta

What a cute puppy!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 02:59 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Drive by: Hi, all! Missed you guys but did read posts when I had a chance.

Busy week last week. DH didn't go to his appointments as planned after the blood draw error and his general fatigue. The sarahan dust cloud seems to have really kicked up his allergies the past two weeks. This weekend he is having fewer issues. Man, it needs to go! He has to complete the rest of his blood draw this week and also see the other eye doctor and do a video call with the nephrologist. Never have heard back from neurologist. Ha. Go figure.

Two mornings this week I have gone outside to enjoy the weather at about 5 - 5:15 or so when it's been mid-70's which feels cool compared to the daily temps (mid-upper 90's and HUMID). The birds have been noticeably more vocal and seem to take note of the temporary drop in temps. We are slated for another week of heat, humidity and miserableness. Our street is a cul de sac and is a bit longer than a city block. I've averaged 2.5 to 3.5 laps. Doesn't sound like a lot but the grade of our street is STEEP. Our neighbor used to have his kids run sprint drills on the hill for track and basketball.

Anyway, managed to try all 3 of Cathe's new LIVE Burn Sets workouts. The Burn Sets workouts for upper body are NOT like X-train's Burn Sets DVD. They are like the other two weight workouts in X-train. The legs workout is an express workout with 5 rounds of squats / deadlifts / lunges. I really enjoyed it. It clocks in at 35 minutes including introduction, warm up, workout and stretch. Cathe goes heavy on this one - to the point she pauses between exercises and comments on the cardio effect. I stayed lighter for the first time through and because lately weights seem to be doing negative things for me. I enjoyed it and am considering doing it again this week.

Dusted off Kick Punch & Crunch today and did the 4th premix on the list. The abs on the ball were, well, wimpy.

JB: Hold on to your hat with the heat. Mom commented today that our grass will be dead soon even with watering and rain. She's right.

Cher: Hope you had fun with the puppy!

Karen: Stay cool!

Vannie: I hope all is well.

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 05:20 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Chef that puppy is so cute! Aww...

I ran yesterday and today. Today was a mix of all out 30-100 meter sprints, six total, with some walking and slow running thrown in. The humidity was about 10% lower today and that made such a difference. Yesterday was just run/walk.

Hey did you hear? Cathe will start filming the new series next weekend. I saw that on FB.

Gibbee glad your DH is doing a little better this weekend. Isn’t it great that you can get a great workout right outside your house?

I’ll try to get a picture of my 5 foster kittens. This is a great time to foster.

Well I know you all have heard that Fl had > 15,000 COVID cases reported today
I am so angry at our governor who STILL refuses to issue a statewide mask
mandate but we opened Disney World yesterday!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 06:06 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a 65-minute walk with DH early in the morning and Fit Split Pull Day (weights portion only) in the afternoon.

Karjoy
- I did hear about FL. That's unbelievable. We have lots of relatives in FL and we're really worried for them. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the kittens!

Gibbee
- Great job working out during such a stressful period. Yes, we will be in the 90s for the foreseeable future, I think.

That's awesome news that Cathe will be filming soon!

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 09:01 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Drive by: Walked our neighborhood 2.5 x then extended chair stretch. DH had a rough night so I decided to be nice to myself. I also had PT this morning. I love the neck massages, even if it has to be for PT.

JB: We are in line with you for high temps. Our yard is half yellow already. Look out world, I'll be in tanks and shorts as much as I can be. LOL!

Karen: We are seeing some increase in our state (mostly KC area), but we also had a mass influx of test kits and several large free testing events, which is why so many are being tested and numbers are climbing. The hoops you have to jump through to be tested and paid for by insurance are insane in some cases so some have held off. Up until now a lot of docs have told people 'assume you have it' and don't come in. I think the antibodies testing continue to climb as well. But like any virus it's going to keep coming and mutating.

Cher: So what is the puppy's name?

Vannie: HI!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 07-14-20, 06:04 AM  
Cher

Hi everyone!

Still puppy sitting for another day. We are really enjoying the puppy. My SIL’s BF is still in the hospital. We are heading up north tomorrow for a few days. I feel bad leaving my SIL while her BF is still in the hospital but this was a planned trip and her BF was supposed to be home by now. My SIL said not to worry. She will leave the puppy with the person that is sitting with my MIL.....she is my SIL’s BF’s sister so she’s okay too with having the puppy for a few days.

Gibbee - I can’t believe these doctors don’t call you back. What a hassle. Great job getting out s early and walking. That Cathe Leg workout sounds really good! It has been so hot here that our grass is dead in our front yard. We had about 10 days in the 90’s and no rain at all. The last 2 days have been cooler temps but it’s heading back up again tomorrow. The puppy’s name is Mara (a girl). My BIL has Mara’s brother. His name is Max.

Karen - I’m glad Cathe can start filming soon. I’d love to see a picture of all your foster kittens! The amount of cases per day in FL is crazy! Ugh! Stay safe.

Waves to JBliff & Vannie.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 07:12 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: rest day today. I sleep poorly Sunday night and was tired Monday night but I did do some OH presses with a 40# barbell and 2 sets of plié squats and 2 sets goblet squats with a 30 # kettlebell. Have a good night, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 09:14 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Karen: I get it with the poor sleep. Hope you get some rest.

Cher: So cute!

Check in: Stacked Sets upper body. I think having the hip huggers followed by the 1.5 pullovers really helps me feel my mid back when doing the double arm rows.

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 07-14-20, 09:15 PM  
Vantreesta

I got home last night from a week with my family. My dad and I walked every day except Sunday. I took today as a "recalibrating" day to have some me time and get my head back in the game. Back at it tmrw.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote