Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Questions about using this Forum software

Old 05-26-20, 11:58 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

deleting old private messages

I haven't been on this forum for a long time and I'm having trouble deleting some my old private messages as well as sent messages. Can someone guide me though how to do it?
Old 05-26-20, 12:52 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

In your messages folder check the ones you want to delete, then scroll down. Look for the drop down box that says Move to Folder, select Delete then click Go.

To delete sent messages, go back up to where is says Jump to Folder, select Sent Messages.

Welcome back!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 02:08 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Testing.

1. Click on "Private Messages below "Welcome" and your username on the upper righthand corner of the main VF screen. So now you're in you PM INbox.

2. Put a checkmark in the little box way off to the right (next to the date) of all the INCOMING PMs you would like to delete.

3. Then scroll down to the dark purple bar at the bottom of your inbox. There's a dropdown box next to "Selected Messages" that currently says "Move to folder" in the rightside of the dark purple bar. Choose the dropdown option "Delete" (the second dropdown option).

4. Click on the "Go" button next to the "Delete" dropdown box. It should say "Go (1)" if you've just selected one PM to delete or "Go" (5) if you've selected 5 PMs to delete (for example).
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 03:18 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Testing again.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 06:38 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

you could also download them into a file and save it before deleting it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
500 error, forum tip