Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-14, 12:31 PM  
thewriteway

Wow I guess I am bumping this thread!

I'm new here...I'm probably one of the younger VFers at 28 (turning 29 next month). I admit I don't entirely exercise at home, as I also go to group classes at the nearby Y.

I'm currently on the last few days of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and am doing barre3 28 to Great after I'm done with that. I've also completed TurboFire, Hip Hop Abs and Rockin' Body. I've lost about 18 pounds doing DVDs plus my gym stuff and am trying to amp up my fitness/workouts so I can continue to lose. At the gym, I like to do Zumba and Les Mills classes, and I've recently tried Piloxing.

I am also a licensed Zumba instructor (got my license in June 2013 but am just starting out due to some outside circumstances that kept me from starting sooner) and I recently started a fitness blog. I came here to pick up more ideas for videos so I can review them on my blog, as there are so many I've never heard of till I started reading here!

Can't wait to join you all!
thewriteway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 01:47 PM  
Sollamyn

Thumbs up

Welcome to VF!

Feel free to jump right in.

Donna
Old 05-21-14, 02:39 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome to VF. Is it too late to tell you to hide your credit card from yourself? You will definitely read about new/different workouts! Feel free to jump in and ask questions.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 04:47 PM  
thewriteway

Uhhhh I did not hide my credit card yet! I guess I'll have to!
thewriteway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 03:23 AM  
fitfitterfittest

Hello everyone,

I discovered VF about 2 weeks ago and have read tons of posts since.

I considered myself quite knowledgeable until I met your amazing community. I learned so much from you and VF became the first site I check out in the mornings.

I am advanced 39 year old fitness addict who works out 6 days a week. I am one of the super rare males here I guess, but all of you are such fans that I have never felt so at home. My wife, family and all my friends think I am nuts but it's good to be among fellow exercisers here

Best wishes to you all from Istanbul...
fitfitterfittest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-14, 08:56 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitfitterfittest View Post
Hello everyone,

I discovered VF about 2 weeks ago and have read tons of posts since.

I considered myself quite knowledgeable until I met your amazing community. I learned so much from you and VF became the first site I check out in the mornings.

I am advanced 39 year old fitness addict who works out 6 days a week. I am one of the super rare males here I guess, but all of you are such fans that I have never felt so at home. My wife, family and all my friends think I am nuts but it's good to be among fellow exercisers here

Best wishes to you all from Istanbul...
Welcome to VF, FFF!

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-14, 04:09 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome to VF! There is a small subset of VFers who are men, so you're among a rare group rather than super rare.

Feel free to jump in wherever you want to post, ask a question, etc.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-07-14, 01:15 PM  
vavargas

Hi y'all! I'm a former lurker (only by circumstance - lost my password and couldn't find it!) and am really excited to be joining the fourm! Mostly, I'm just really excited to discover I'm not the only person with a "vidiocy' problem I think it's worth it just to say nana nana boo boo to my husband, who for years made fun of the stacks of workout dvds I kept in our library.

I'm just jumping back into working out after having my baby 5 months ago and am in the process of figuring out what feels good to my body and what kind of movement I like and need after going through such a huge physical event. It's an evolving thing and I'm mostly trying to be easy on myself but it's MUCH easier said than done. I'm finding lots of inspiration to jump back into exercise on these threads.

Looking forward to being a part of this!
vavargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 01:27 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavargas View Post
Hi y'all! I'm a former lurker (only by circumstance - lost my password and couldn't find it!) and am really excited to be joining the fourm! Mostly, I'm just really excited to discover I'm not the only person with a "vidiocy' problem I think it's worth it just to say nana nana boo boo to my husband, who for years made fun of the stacks of workout dvds I kept in our library.

I'm just jumping back into working out after having my baby 5 months ago and am in the process of figuring out what feels good to my body and what kind of movement I like and need after going through such a huge physical event. It's an evolving thing and I'm mostly trying to be easy on myself but it's MUCH easier said than done. I'm finding lots of inspiration to jump back into exercise on these threads.

Looking forward to being a part of this!
Welcome (back) and congratulations on your new baby!

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 04:46 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'll add my welcome back. There seem to be a lot of new moms here, so hopefully you'll find good suggestions. Feel free to jump in anywhere.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread