Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-23-13, 11:09 AM  
beth22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspina View Post
You'll have to somewhat figure out what "style" you really click with. Spinning classes are very different from workouts that are more focused on cyclists doing their off-season training on a bike trainer (e.g., Spinervals). I'm in the latter category and usually you really do like one style or another (I can't stand spinning ).
That's a very good point. I'm the opposite--I can't stand off season cycling training/dvds/classes and am VERY much more a "spinner". That's the main reason why I've never clicked with cycling dvds like Spinervals. I'm all about the hovers, jumps, cycling to the beat of the music and standing work. Make sure you allow yourself the chance to figure out which style you click with. Have fun!
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-13, 11:15 AM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth22 View Post
That's a very good point. I'm the opposite--I can't stand off season cycling training/dvds/classes and am VERY much more a "spinner". That's the main reason why I've never clicked with cycling dvds like Spinervals. I'm all about the hovers, jumps, cycling to the beat of the music and standing work. Make sure you allow yourself the chance to figure out which style you click with. Have fun!
I think it doesn't have to be a mutually exclusive thing. I have and like both. I haven't done many Spinervals (only the Ray Lewis set - LOVE!) but I have done and like class-style workouts from Cathe and LM RPM. I ALSO really like the Sufferfest, Virtual Active, and Endurance Films/Rides.

Sometimes it's a mood thing.
Old 01-23-13, 02:17 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

One other audio source is the iCycles by iTrain.

http://www.itrain.com/program/iCYCLE

Back in the olden days, you could be a subscription to itrain for some crazy price of a few dollars a month and get a couple workouts each month. I like to look at a magazine or read while I'm peddling and these are great. Well, not for the intense sections, but for light to medium sections.

Wow, went back and looked at the prices, they were worth every penny of 3 or 4 dollars, I probably wouldn't pay $12 when I could get a dvd for pretty much the same price. The monthly motivator plan isn't bad, but make sure you look at the rules for canceling!
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-13, 03:32 PM  
bigtree

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth22 View Post
ITA, I want my indoor spin workouts to be FUN, not interested in any "puke in a bucket" real outdoor cycling type workouts. Still looking for that elusive fun, spin dvd with great music and cycling to the beat. Now if this lady http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w_t2Z0CRag put out a dvd I'd buy it in a flash. (Could do without all the "hups" though.)
bigtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-13, 03:37 PM  
sherry7899

I like the Cy-Yo cycling dvd-the music is independent bands from Boston (rock/indie).

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-13, 03:45 PM  
beth22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
One other audio source is the iCycles by iTrain.

http://www.itrain.com/program/iCYCLE

Back in the olden days, you could be a subscription to itrain for some crazy price of a few dollars a month and get a couple workouts each month. I like to look at a magazine or read while I'm peddling and these are great. Well, not for the intense sections, but for light to medium sections.

Wow, went back and looked at the prices, they were worth every penny of 3 or 4 dollars, I probably wouldn't pay $12 when I could get a dvd for pretty much the same price. The monthly motivator plan isn't bad, but make sure you look at the rules for canceling!
I used to LIVE for itrain workouts. Loved the itreads, icycles, iclimbs...but the company's gone way downhill. Their rules and regulations, ridiculous prices, complete lack of any new workouts being produced, and the billing errors i've suffered through with them completely turned me off. They triple charged me over $119 one time and after months of discussions (that later turned into very heated arguments), fax after fax of my banks statements showing the triple charges, and not getting anywhere, I had to finally resort to filing a complaint with the BBB before they finally gave me back the $238 they owed me. iTrain used to be so awesome and I plugged their workouts constantly to anyone who would listen. Not anymore. I still run on the treadmill using my iTreads and occasionally spin to the icycles, but I will never again buy from this company or speak of them positively. Too bad too because their workouts were great.
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-13, 12:36 AM  
bigtree

Tried these?

Last edited by bigtree; 03-02-13 at 08:32 PM. Reason: I've finally found my perfect spinning workouts!
bigtree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
group rx, music off option, power music, power music group rx, spinning, spinning.com, virtual cycling