Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-21, 10:39 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

The Standing 7-Minute Workout:
https://www.nytimes.com/video/well/1...n-workout.html
Essentrics

The Standing 7-Minute Workout was published in today's New York Times. It is doable and short.

Cyana, let us know if you like your TENS unit and massage percussion gun.
I hope your working hours become more reasonable.

Pat, I think it's nice that you go to the gym and go for walks with your DH.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 09:56 PM  
YogaGal

Catch up time:
Last Thursday was a strength day, Jessica Smith’s “Poise & Grace” from Build Balance + Inner Strength and on Friday DH and I did a 6.5-mile bike ride. On Saturday we went for a short 1.3 mile walk. Sunday was housework.

For today:
Monday’s workout was Jessica Smith’s YouTube “Single Sided Strength” and RaviAna’s “Heart Helper” from House Call.

DH had NO side effects from his second vaccine shot on Saturday after getting a slight headache and fatigue following the first one.

Paine: I generally do the Arms and Buns from Tamilee’s I Want That Body set; I think I tried the Abs way back when I got the dvd. I should get brave and try one again. I usually hold some light dumbbells for Buns Workout #1.

Pat: I see you recently did a Kassandra yoga set; I did one last week and plan to try some more of hers. I love Sarah Beth for stretching, but I want to mix in some others for variety. I hope to be able to go to a hairdresser again soon. DH cut my hair once last August and again mid-February. I appreciate it, but I miss going to a salon. My SIL and I were talking last week about the crazy things we are looking forward to – like getting shots and going to the dentist for a cleaning! Let us know what you decide about the Qi Challenge.

cyana: I also have plenty of “fitness media” to keep me entertained and fit. DH bought a TENS unit for recurring upper back and neck pain. Well, he first bought a cheaper one at a box store a few years ago, then in January 2020 he bought a this Belifu TENS unit from amazon. He finds it helpful. Enjoy your new toys! I’m watching less news recently too. Hope you also get to work a bit less in the future.

Beth: Great week of yoga and exercise for you! Reorganizing CAN be a great accomplishment! I keep seeing things around the house I want to work on during my Spring Break next week. When is your Spring Break?

Sandra: Sounds like you have found a good exercise combo that works well for you. Glad that public library staff are now able to schedule vaccines in your area. I just received an email from my public library that they have “lifted capacity limitations” but will still require masks and distancing. Interesting news about "original" Gidget; I never knew her father wrote the book based upon his daughter.

Sherry: The class for International Women's Day sounds fun. And I love mellow yoga from Sarah Beth.

Waves to all!
Old 03-08-21, 10:24 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, this is the little unit I have (although not sure mine is "max" since mine is white, not black, but otherwise, it looks the same):
https://www.amazon.com/Omron-Power-R.../dp/B00SVPNZXU

Carolyn, spring break would have been next week, but there is none. Just like they eliminated Fall Break last semester (Columbus Day weekend), they did away with spring break so that students wouldn't travel and instead added in 3 random "Rejuvenation Days" with no classes; the first of those was last week. Even though I generally didn't take spring break off, I'm missing it! I did take off on Monday the 22nd.

Today I did Dance the Chakras for the first time in a loooong time (over a year, maybe even 2). I only did the yoga and the mantra at the end; it felt good.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 12:27 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello and Happy International Women’s Day!

I am way behind as I wasn’t online much over the weekend. DH and I spent two nights in the city for his birthday, visited with family and enjoyed city walks & a little dining out. We stayed at a lovely hotel right on the harbour. The city is so quiet, crazy deals on Hotwire. We got home this afternoon.

I did a Barre3 workout & Body Groove on Friday. Sat & Sunday were long walks for a total of 22 km. My feet are feeling it so as I write this I’m relaxing with my yoga toes on. I need some yoga tomorrow!

Today I’m back at it:
~BellyFit Warrior Queen - Alice’s free Women’s Day offering on FB
~Jessica’s 6 Mile Mix: upper body sculpt

Waves to all, I’ll catch up in a day or two!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 09:04 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! We're finally getting a break from teens and 20 degree weather and I'm looking forward to getting some outdoor walks back in my life. Yesterday featured:

~ Day 26 of Lucy's BRB Challenge, a fun 25 minute routine of walking on 20 different outdoor paths featuring a visit with a cute squirrel
~ Day 4 of the Holden Qi Challenge

I caved and joined the membership program. These classes take me deeper into the practice and provide so much more education compared to the DVD routines, so I cancelled Glo for a while and will be going deeper into the qigong. Besides you get the five challenge routines to keep -and I'm worth it!

Paine - thank you for the NYT link, it looks good for the office.

Sherry, I love your NIA for Women's Day.

Beth I also love that Rodney DVD. When I use his later material, I stop and ponder how Rodney and I have grown old together. I might have to borrow your inspiration and visit Dance the Chakras. I've been in a Kundalini desert for a year, I think.

Carolyn, great to hear you had no effects from round two! Our thresholds for getting excited about things certainly have been lowered, haven't they? Needles, haircuts, I was also excited to visit the dentist the "first" time, how sad is that. I've been loving Kassandra's yin practices and especially those that have affirmations.

Pam your birthday celebrations for DH sound like a lot of fun. I see you enjoyed Alice's FB offering - it didn't jive with my schedule unfortunately, it must have been fun!

Waves to all.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 09:55 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, we are getting some warmer weather this week too. LOL about growing old with Rodney! I have noticed him aging over the years Did you see he shaved his head???
https://www.instagram.com/rodneyyeeyoga/

Pam, sounds like a very nice getaway!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 10:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Beth, nooooooooo!!!!! Why did he do that? He looks like a monk now.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 11:26 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Beth, nooooooooo!!!!! Why did he do that? He looks like a monk now.
I miss his hair!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 11:42 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I wonder what prompted Rodney to shave his head? He does look like a monk, lol.

Pat - Alice’s class was on Sunday & is still accessible on the BellyFit FB page. It was a slower pace sage workout. I enjoyed it although I do tend to prefer a faster pace.

Teaching a class shortly, back later to post my workouts.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 04:12 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is my planned rest day. Interestingly, I've already walked over 4,800 steps today just from going to 2 markets and doing some housework. Do any of you have a fitness watch that tracks your activity level and if so, do you like it?

Carolyn, I went to the dentist for a cleaning a couple of weeks ago. The hygienist checked my temperature when I arrived and before I left. The dental hygienist was wearing something that looked like a space suit with air flowing in the suit so she could breathe! She had already had both covid vaccines months ago so I felt safe. I was the only person there other than the hygienist (I was last patient of the day). I felt safe being there.

Beth, Pat and Pam, I also think Rodney looks like a monk now. Someone in the Instagram said he is 64 years old.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote