Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-21, 11:30 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Ugh, I just got the time for a program *I* was supposed to be facilitating today - I had it as being at noon, but it was actually 11 a.m. We rescheduled for next week, but I feel bad for the people that showed up (about 10).

Lousy Smarch.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 02:57 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is my usual planned rest day.

My husband and I got our 2nd Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Today we have no symptoms other than a mildly sore arm. My sister also had no symptoms other than a mildly sore arm from her 2nd Pfizer vaccine. We are so impressed with how well organized and efficient they are at drive-up location for the vaccines. You drive through, show your I.D. and vaccine card, roll the window down and they give you the shot through the window. It was quick.

Sandra, thank you for starting our new month!
Some massage tables are easy to fold up and set aside. You might want to try that. I hope things go well for your niece with her court session.

Pat, you don't sound grumpy--your co-worker sounds grumpy.

Beth, it's good you got that vaccine appointment.
That Simpsons clip was hilarious!

Sherry, how nice that you were gifted the certificate for free classes.

Cyana, daffodils are so pretty! I know you are enjoying them now. I had to google Lenten roses. Lenten roses remind me of Iceland Poppies.

Pam, I feel certain you passed your exam.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 03:25 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, so glad you had a good experience! I have heard that the actual clinics all run pretty smoothly. I am a little worried about my second shot given that I had a reaction to the Shingrex, but hopefully not; I don't mind a sore arm!

Sherry, I think you are doing well for yourself in trying to fit in some sort of routine even when your body does not feel like it. You are doing the best you can for yourself.

Pat, I would be grumpy too with a bad connection and psoas gremlin! I think that the pandemic makes a lot of everyday irritants more difficult.

DH is a die-hard Simpsons fan, so I've sort of become one through osmosis. We have so many quotes that we bring up on probably a daily basis (that's true with Seinfeld too, but perhaps a bit less since that show is longer in new episodes).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-02-21, 05:21 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, my DH had flu-like symptoms from the Shingrex vaccine (both times) yet he had no reaction what-so-ever from both Pfizer vaccines (other than a sore arm). So, you might be just fine with the covid vaccine. If you do happen to get flu-like symptoms from the covid vaccine they only last 1 or 2 days AND they prevent you from being put on a ventilator or dying from covid!
I didn't even feel the injection yesterday and my arm wasn't sore yesterday at all. My arm is only mildly sore today.
Old 03-02-21, 06:37 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Thank you all for your good thoughts for my niece's court appearance this morning. It was moderately successful. In a nutshell, a little over a year ago my niece left a long-term relationship where her partner had become emotionally and financially abusive. They share 50/50 custody of their 5-year-old child (my grandniece). Her ex remains very resentful, and lately has been trying to actively undermine my niece's relationship with their daughter. His behavior had gotten so out of control my niece went to court with several requests to try to stop it. She was not awarded primary custody at this time, nor was she able to obtain court-ordered counseling for my grandniece. However, she did get everything else she asked for, and of course her ex is left not looking too good. However, the experience was extremely stressful for her -- and also for me (who does not cope well with family drama...). But at least it is over for now and I really want to get back to my regular workouts!

Paine: That is very encouraging to hear you did not have a serious reaction to the second Covid shot. My second one is scheduled for March 12, and I've taken that day and the following one off work just in case.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 08:14 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Sandra, I don't cope well with family drama either. I tend to worry too much and it's not fun.
That's a good idea to take two days off work when you get your next covid vaccine, just in case you need it. I have a dear friend who is 77 and she also had no reaction from both Pfizer vaccines. Her arm was not even sore! My sister is 74 and she also had no reaction to both Pfizer vaccines, other than a sore arm. My youngest son had flu-like symptoms after his 2nd Pfizer vaccine but nothing from the 1st injection. I don't know how accurate this is but I've read that younger people are more likely to have flu-like symptoms from the covid vaccine, probably because they have a stronger immune system compared to older people.
Old 03-02-21, 08:44 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, my fear of a bad reaction is obviously not going to stop me from getting the vaccine. The flu-like symptoms I had after the second Shingrex shot (I was only mildly tired after the first) were only bad for a few hours and went away completely within about 12 hours. Interesting about how those with stronger immune systems might have more intense reactions.

Sandra, I remember the origins of your niece's dispute and am glad to hear that she got the things she asked for today. I feel for anyone going through that kind of drama! My friend Sarah (who was teaching the Mind-Body-Brew series with me, back when we could) is currently going through a divorce for similar reasons that your niece had for leaving. She has 2 kids, a bit older (I think 14 and 8?), and she has been able to remain in the house with them, but I know that there are many aspects that have been quite challenging.

I taught a nice yoga class tonight with the 2 people who came to the studio. I might try another livestream tomorrow night.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-02-21, 10:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick fly by for me...

Today’s offerings:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Cardio: forest trail walk & 15 min rebounding
~Jessica’s TBB: Sole Sculpt
~Adriene’s 30 Days of Yoga: Day16 Easy Breezy Beautiful Yoga

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 08:57 AM  
sherry7899

This morning:

Bellyfit Zoom class replay of "Lotus" cardio section 38 minutes. I enjoyed the music and Alice's lovely personality, but it was still a lot of TIFT. I will do these once in awhile, but not often. I was not in the mood for core work, so I stopped after the cardio. I will try the cardio from another one of these classes soon.

SaraBeth Yoga slow morning stretch 15 minutes

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 09:08 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Grumpy psoas feeling better. I intended to do a yin yoga for the hip flexors, but on second thought it seemed wise to hold off on deep stretching. Day 2 of Lee Holden's Qi Challenge was very nice.

Beth - I had no reactions whatever to Shingrix and so far, knock on wood, nothing more than a day of mild arm soreness with Moderna round 2. I was warned that one was going to be twice as bad but so far nothing more than the fatigue and headache. I hope you have no problems! fingers X'd

Sandra, continued best wishes to your niece. She must be emotionally drained today. It's good to hear things went more than 50% in her favor. Good luck with your next immunization!

Everyone, I hope you have a healthy and happy day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote