Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-21, 04:55 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks! I couldn't have done it without my dad and brother!

Didn't get started on workouts till noon so I was too hungry to do Fightmaster yoga like I had planned. My hamstring tendons are hurting again today so I kept the kettlebells light and didn't go deep in swings and deadlifts. Before breakfast I got hubby's laundry done and bathrooms cleaned. This really seems to be the best way for me, at least right now, have one big chore done before breakfast and then I don't feel guilty working out or dreading that I still have to clean.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 09:30 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
buff, I really enjoyed Beginner EPIC. It was anything but beginner.

Sandy O
That's why I didn't do it first - I was scared I would never have started EPIC! Day 50 is a BW Total Body workout probably another good one to try. Pushups throughout.
Old 03-06-21, 01:12 AM  
Vantreesta

I think the wheel value is still wrong on my bike computer. It said I barely rode faster than I run, which is not very fast! I made myself ride for a minute longer than last time. My quads were still on fire but at least I was steady getting off it this time. I almost fell when I got off on jelly legs the other day! I need to have hubby look at the bike again this wknd bc the brake pads are still touching the wheel and I don't think the chain is on right. If I shift on the right side it seems fine but shifting on the left doesn't seem right.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-07-21, 09:05 PM  
SandyO

Helen, is the farm a hobby farm or working farm? Is it where you plan to retire? Is he doing some remodeling?

I asked this at the end of February, but I copied it here in case you don't see the old thread.

buff, way to go finishing EPIC! That went by fast...to an observer.

Vannie, I hope you get the bike figured out, but at least it's giving you a good workout.

Sandy O
Old 03-08-21, 02:02 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
Helen, is the farm a hobby farm or working farm? Is it where you plan to retire? Is he doing some remodeling?Sandy O
• It's a working farm - crops like barley, wheat, canola, etc.
• I'd rather retire where I am, at home. Moving to a new place where I'd be 25km from nearest shop, no neighbours, nowhere to walk except the paddocks (with snakes & burrs to then pluck out of the dog's fur) and has more extreme weather than home - sounds like a nightmare - though I suspect that DH fancies the idea. Been talking lately that we'd get a good sum to rent our home. We are in the city, walking distance from CBD, 5 beaches, & the harbour, on a hill (suburb is call "The Hill") with distant views in 3 directions.
• The house at the farm is the original self-built from the 20s, and when we first got it, it wasn't much above a camping style cabin - a little bigger, but not much better. DH is trying to address that.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 06:52 PM  
Vantreesta

Fighting a migraine all day. No workouts, just calm quiet stuff like laundry, dishes & baking cookies. Hope to be back at it tmrw.

Saturday I did the next day of Qi Gong, Caroline's HHT exercises, wk4 day2 of the 10k trainer, a segment from Pick Your Spot Pilates and Yoga for Runners post-run practice. I think that's all. I had planned to do the next day of the Crossrope challenge but I just felt tired. Yesterday I was a slug like Cheryl except I didn't even fix supper, I ran to DQ for snickerdoodle blizzards! I am curious if the sugar and lactose overload may have contributed to the migraine but really don't know. It's not like I don't have sugar binges even though they're less often than before.

Old 03-10-21, 05:17 PM  
Vantreesta

Whose brilliant idea was this RBR tri anyway??!!? Argh, the bike!! Hubby got it fixed so the brake pads aren't rubbing anymore but didn't know anything about chains. Today it seemed to shift okay even though I still don't really know what I'm doing. I was trying to get my brother's thoughts on the wheel value and bike computer but he said I should take it to the bike shop and ask them. Grr. I set it at what I interpreted as correct and the numbers looked a little better today but I still only lasted 10 minutes and it said less than 2 mi. I was irritable and think I am trying to do too much in a day. I was constantly tripping over my jump rope today and both of my Polar chest straps kept dropping my HR to 0 and not coming back unless I stopped the recording. I handwash them after every wear bc they really don't work if I don't. Just a frustrating day all around after a fantastic day yesterday.

Old 03-13-21, 07:57 AM  
buffmama

Finished Beginner Epic yesterday. Really great for an easy mental week as they're short and require no equipment. Started growingannanas Feb week 3 calendar - 6 workouts so 1 less rest day. Next week it's back to weights. Looking forward to extra yoga tomorrow. Worked an extra day this week and all my days ended up compressed trying to get food cooked in the mornings.

Vannie - Just thinking about coordinating all you do stresses me out! I tend to set up my youtube list at the beginning of the week - and then change it as I see fit!

Helen - The farm sounds cool. How did you get into that living in the city?

Sandy - Looking forward to doing Kassandra's challenge with you. Doing it as an 'extra' 10 min at night it sounds heavenly, but I'm sure I'll do some in the AM. Feel free to share thoughts on Caroline's workouts as I might mix and match for the giggles of it.
Old 03-13-21, 07:24 PM  
Helen

BUFF
The farm was inherited - DH's family.
DH was actually an architect first, but when he got the farm - left that behind.
He's only OUR architect now - always hated dealing with clients anyway.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 09:22 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
BUFF
The farm was inherited - DH's family.
DH was actually an architect first, but when he got the farm - left that behind.
He's only OUR architect now - always hated dealing with clients anyway.
Cool. Thanks for sharing. I always hearing how/why people transition from one thing to the next.