Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-08-21, 09:08 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Classical Stretch Aging Backwards 1207 (Posture!)

Hi Ladies,

Along with CS I did Lee's Day 5 & 6 from his 30 Day Challenge DVD. Also added David-Dorian's Tai Chi Fit Over 60 Live Longer, Feel Younger which had a really nice flow in beautiful indoor setting.

Lee did some "Zen circles" (towards the end) which I hadn't seen him do before in any of his other workouts. I was feeling a bit sore after Miranda's "Posture" workout. Not a big fan of Season 12, so far. If feels like the exercises are rushed and not thought out. She always seems like she's winging it to me, even though she's done this for a long time. My back was not liking her stuff today.

wishiwasinhawaii, hope your PF is a bit better today! I haven't had a flare up in a while, and it's a nuisance when it rears it's ugly head...uh I mean foot!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 12:36 AM  
Leonana

Last night I did Jessica's 15 minute yoga workout from one of her dvds. Today I was babysitting my favorite 4 year old, so was on my toes from 9:30 to 4:00. This evening I rode my exercise bike for 30 minutes. I am feeling rested today, I am glad I am taking it easy this week.

Pam, I watched the you tube preview video about David-Dorian's Tai Chi Fit Over 60 Live Longer, Feel Younger. The scenery does look nice.

Liz, I'm glad you got Lift and Shift in your PP right away. I still don't have mine. Support has not been very helpful so far. I hope your Monday wasn't too bad.

Donna, that's a good idea, I forgot there was a recovery week in Lift and Shift. TBH, you don't strike me as someone who would like the program, since you do Pahla, Ellen and Pilates so often. I actually prefer the slower strength workouts, and I like Jessica's strength workouts more than her cardio. My biggest problem is that I don't know if I have the endurance for it. I'm sure I will have to skip some days. I guess I will see next week.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii.
Old 03-09-21, 06:26 AM  
donnamp

Thank you, Sherry!! You are right on about my workout preferences so I think I can safely skip this one....straight up strength work was never my favorite, even back in the day when I was younger- I tended to prefer the endurance work and fusion styles.

whew, I can stop obsessing now. LOL!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 08:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday at lunch I did Pahla's 7th March workout which was a cardio routine done Tabata style. But low impact and not as grueling.

Today, so far, has been:

Lucy Wyndham Read - Feel Fabulous Home Fitness Challenge Day # 1- which was a cardio/tone - body weight only - I think all of Lucy's are body weight only. I did the low impact variations since I am not fond of jumping these days. And Lucy's cat was going crazy in the background, LOL!

Trifecta Pilates - Slow Bicycle Workout - this was a nice hip mobility sort of practice, just what I need.

Lucy's challenge is here: https://www.lwrfitness.com/fitness-challenge/

So, I think I am safe from Lift and Shift - for various reasons I don't think I would get much use of it....so, that is good, I can stop thinking about it. And, you know, if I change my mind, it will be available again at some point.

Sherry - thanks for your help in my decision making!

Pam - love your gentle workouts! I have to try some more Tai Chi style workouts....

wishiwasinhawaii - hope your foot is feeling better.

Liz - hope Monday wasn't too bad!

Waves,

Donna
Old 03-09-21, 05:36 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I skipped the Classical Stretch today in favor of Lee and David-Dorian. Today was David-Dorian's "live" Tuesday Morning Flow Show at 10AM on Facebook. He records these, so they can be viewed anytime on FB or YouTube.
Here was the most recent one from today, which I did this afternoon!

Tuesday Morning Flow Show (David-Dorian Ross)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQPq0NMRBqA

I followed this up with Lee's 30 Day Challenge with Days 7, 8 and 9. They were excellent. I'm really liking the Earth element focus and the use of bigger ranges of motion in week two. Good stuff and each day is only seven minutes. Leaves me plenty of time for other workouts....or playing a board game with DH.

Have a good day everyone!

April Focus:
Old 03-09-21, 06:08 PM  
Leonana

Today was Goodwill day, although only two stores, so not as much walking. But I hit the dvd jackpot!

Pam, I found David Dorian Ross 5 Day Fit Chi, 5 Workouts. There are three other instructors on the dvd. I'm going to try one tonight, I think the Qigong Stress Relief.

Donna, I found an Ellen! Self Slim and Sleek Fast. It says it's a 45 minute workout, but when you eliminate the talking, it's about 37 minutes. But still, a good time to workout. I'm going to try it tomorrow. It was brand new in the package, never been opened. I think you made a good decision about Lift and Shift. If you don’t reach for WS3 or Strictly Strength, it probably isn’t for you.

wishiwasinhawaii, you are not going to believe this. I found three, brand new still in the shrink wrap, Total Gym workouts. Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. Let me know if you would like them, if not, I can take them back to Goodwill and get store credit. With my discount, they were only 97 cents each. Pam, I assumed you already had them. But whoever wants them, I'll send them to you!

Liz, sorry to leave you out. If there are any dvds you are looking for, let me know. You never know what I'll find some days!
Old 03-09-21, 07:39 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Sherry,

Those are some great finds at Goodwill! Yes, I do have everything I need in the way of Total Gym workouts (and just about any other!) You are so sweet to think of everyone here!

Just about anything Ellen does is so good! She really had a niche in the fushion workout market, at one time. Now there is much to choose from, though now you and Donna have me wanting to do an Ellen rotation. I have to watch my shoulders with some of her workouts, though.

Let me know how you like the 5 Day Fit Chi DVD. My guess is it's a compilation by Gaiam. I might have done a few of those a long time ago.

Thanks again for the offer, Sherry!

April Focus:
Old 03-09-21, 07:55 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I just looked at my Tai Chi DVDs and I do have this one, too! I knew I had some older ones and 5 Day Fit Chi was one of them!
I just copied the workout descriptions from Amazon.

DVD Includes: 5 Workouts on 1 DVD!
Program Description:
Tai Chi and Qigong promote healing, stress relief and energy flow. Using a
series of gentle, flowing movements and breathing techniques, you ll
revitalize the body by releasing tension and anxiety, while recharging with
fresh energy. You ll feel calm and centered as you focus your mind and
move in a more purposeful way.
Qigong for Stress Relief with Francesco Garriopli and Daisy (26 minutes): Release tension, soothe your mind and empower yourself with 10 easy-to-learn exercises to boost your natural resiliency to stress and sickness.
Qigong for Body Detox with Francesco Garripoli and Daisy Lee-Garripoli (36 minutes): Flush toxins and strengthen your cells and organs as you cleanse your body with these therapeutic stretching and breathing exercises.
AM Tai Chi with David Dorian-Ross (23 minutes): AM Tai Chi is a morning practice of basic Tai Chi movements combined with visualization and breathing exercises to help you feel more awake and energized.
PM Tai Chi with CJ McPhee (24 minutes): PM Tai Chi is an evening practice of simple Tai Chi movements to help you unwind and soothe your body and mind for a restful sleep.
Energy Chi with David Dorian-Ross (23 minutes): This gentle routine synchronizes slow movement with deep breathing to stimulate your body's natural energy and healing abilities.

April Focus:
Old 03-09-21, 10:21 PM  
Leonana

Pam, yes that is the description on the back. I previewed them and they look good. I’m not surprised you have it, with your extensive collection!
Old 03-10-21, 08:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I just have time to post my workouts as I have a training starting in 15 min!

Yesterday DD and I walked after her appointment - felt so nice to be out in the sun and my back and hips felt so good afterwards. All of this sitting is the death of my spine....

I also did Jessica Valent's herniated disc routine in the evening for more back relief.

Today, so far, has been:

LWR - Feel Fabulous Challenge Day # 2 which was another walk/tone workout and I added on her run to the hills, the cute one w/ the wolf...

Trifecta Pilates - Pilates/Yoga Fusion

I am enjoying LWR so far - I'm even a little sore - hard to believe since this is all body weight. It is good sore in the areas that need it - lower body and abs/core. I think it is very much like Slim Series/Slim in 6 in terms of being an endurance based/high rep style.

Ok - I must run - be back later...

Donna

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy