Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-21, 08:24 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Upper Body on the schedule, but we're getting more snow tomorrow so I held off since I'll probably be doing another round of Shovel Max. I went for an indoor walk and did a random youtube walk instead.

My nephew is much better, thank goodness. He'll be out of quarantine this weekend. The whole thing is so scary. When will this nightmare end???

Donna, I schedule blocks of time on my work calendar too. I will block off a half hour to exercise because at least that way I know no one will be able to schedule a meeting during that time and I can fully focus on the workout and not be distracted.

Sherry, The way things are going around here with the vaccines, I can't imagine I'll be getting it until fall, at the earliest.

Pam, Shovel max is tough. That alone is a workout so I'm impressed you have the energy to do more!

Liz, I've been noticing as I've been working through WS1 that Jessica adds a lot of ab moves even in workouts that you wouldn't think would have anything to do with abs. I sometimes skip them, especially if I did an ab focused workout the day before.
Old 02-10-21, 10:03 PM  
Leonana

Today was WS 3 Metabolic Conditioning. I liked it better this time around. I used 5 and 8's, and the lower step from my Fanny Lifter (what a name, lol). I also did the one armed pushups, although very slow, probably 1/3 of what Jessica did. I also went up on my knees, and came down on my toes, so a half fully body. I skipped the tricep dips and did an overhead tricep move. Also subbed the crunches with the Pilates 100. But I kept up pretty well with the rest of it, although I did have to pause it for a break.

I babysat today, the 4 year old girl. Boy, she is a pistol! She makes me laugh. Usually, her grandma and great grandma watch her, but great grandma was in Florida for three weeks. So, I won't have her until one of the grandmas are unavailable. My husband got off work early, and we had fun playing with her. I miss those younger days!

They usually come over around 10:30, so I did my workout before that. I have to admit, I was tired and had to drink more coffee! I am doing my workouts in the morning again. I'm so tired from WS3, I'm sleeping better, so I'm getting up earlier, and am able to fit my workout in.

wishiwasinhawaii, I found out that essential workers aren't being vaccinated yet, even though they are in the 1B group. Not enough vaccines to go around. I'm in the last group, general population, and it says spring to summer. As you said, most likely fall.

Pam, Shovel Max sounds harder than WS3. I'm sure I'd be skipping my workout!

Donna, thanks for the tip. I might check out Denise on you tube.

Liz, our Goodwills are stocked pretty well. They are very busy too. They just recently opened some new stores, so are apparently doing well. There is a mask mandate, so I have felt safe, although I know this new mutation is more contagious. Arizona has the attitude of "Pandemic, what pandemic?" Things are lax here, except for the mask mandate. I am in a FB Goodwill group with people around the country, and it isn't the same with all Goodwills. Some in other states are not doing well, and some are closing.
Old 02-11-21, 08:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I managed to do 2 miles w/ Leslie in the afternoon - it was one of those days at work - so I needed the stress relief. I did the Purple and Green Miles from the DVD w/ the color coded Miles - I think it is Daily Walk?

Today, so far, has been:

Walk at Home - Run, Walk and Lift (20 min). This one is on You Tube and is pretty meh - am I in the minority in not liking Nick all that much? I don't know what it is...but he isn't one of my favorite Walk at Home instructors - anyway, it did the job - steps and a tiny bit of bicep and tricep toning.

I followed up w/ CocoLime MITFIT 90 - Total Body Mat Workout which was pretty good - all floor work exercises done 40 seconds on/20 seconds off.

I will probably try to get a little something else in today as well.

Sherry - I do like getting my workout done in the morning, but I think I would sometimes perform better later in the day.

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm glad your nephew is ok - I agree, it seems like there is no end in sight and I don't have high hopes of getting the vaccine any time soon here, either.

Waves Pam and Liz!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 04:28 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong 2 Day 9 (Steady, Ready, Go!)

Hi Ladies,

I did this one today after shoveling the back staircase and trying to get some of the ice off of the sidewalks. So many people walk their dogs, and I sure as heck don't want anyone slipping on my account! Oh yeah...love this Jessica workout and the added hamstring curls and heel touches to the front felt wonderful after being outside and shoveling again! Finished off with a few shoulder presses, chin-ups and a bit more leg work on the TG.

Donna, Nick is okay and not as obnoxious as some of the walk leaders, IMO. But, I sure love Leslie the best!!!

wishiwasinhawaii, glad your nephew is recovering. I still worry about my brother, nephews and mom in AZ. You can't be too careful.

It's really bugging me...this whole Covid thing and that fact that we can't travel. DH and I are used to just hopping in the car and driving here and there for day trips. And, we have a few friends who went on plane trips and came home with Covid, which is not surprising. So we stay home. I have cabin fever big time!!!

Sherry, when DH are in AZ we always find great stuff at Bookmans...fitness DVDs, boardgames and of course books! Last time I was in a Goodwill, it was practically empty of people, but the few that were there kept going up and down the aisles the wrong way and not following the social distancing guidelines at all! Stupid people drive me crazy!

lizh, you've got me wanting to try Barre Sculpt now! I also have a love/hate relationship with barre workouts in general. Sometime they are so tough and other times they seem like a waste of time when it's too easy/light.

Have a good day all!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 11:27 PM  
Leonana

Today was my volunteer filing, so I did my workout in the evening this time. I did WS 3 Cardio Core Ball, I think that's the name. I wasn't up for the other cardios, but I'll do the Cardio HIIT on Saturday, and a lighter cardio and stretch on Sunday.

Donna, I'm sorry work was stressful. I have a couple of Leslies I found at Goodwill that I haven't done yet, but need to try them out.

Pam, I like to watch Justina Ercole's informational videos on workouts. She stated she didn't prefer most barre because it wasn't functional workouts. She is big on functional moves. Most of her workouts are paid streaming, but she has a few on her channel, and she did a barre workout that I really like. She calls it functional barre. https://youtu.be/FTrWpREnXq8
I keep forgetting about Bookmans. Yeah, people at Goodwill are not good at social distancing! I pretend I'm in an obstacle course and try to move around them, lol.

waves to Liz and wishiwasinhawaii.
Old 02-12-21, 12:51 AM  
lizh

Hi there,
Happy almost Friday! with a long weekend! Yay!

Yesterday I had Yoga Strength and Stretch on the schedule. This was my first time doing this workout. It is Jessica by herself in front of a pool. I had a hard time following, the camera didn't seem to be pointed in helpful ways for most of it. (lots of aerial shots) anyway, I don't think I'll do it again and if it comes up in the rotation again, I'll grab a different yoga routine from my collection to substitute.
Today was Cardio Interval Sculpt. This is a bit tough but I really like it. Plus I needed to burn off some steam from work! So it was perfect.

Donna and wishiwasinhawaii - great idea to block off time on my calendar to workout. I have so many meetings - what is one more? I keep saying I want to add something fun and light but get some movement in the middle of the day in addition to my after work Jessica time. I sit so darn much!!

Vaccines - I'm with you! I can't wait to get it, but I am keeping my expectations very low on the timeframe. I am such a homebody these days. I go to the grocery store and I walk my dog around the neighborhood and that is about it. But Sherry has me curious about the thrift stores and I was thinking of trying one this weekend. I'll see how I feel. If I go, I'll double mask.

wishiwasinhawaii - I almost always skip the ab routines at the end. I just hate crunches. I'm glad to hear your nephew is on the mend.

Sherry - Thanks for the update on the Goodwills. Interesting that some are doing well and some are closing. We are certainly in strange times.

Pam - Barre Sculpt is certainly not a waste of time. I'd be curious to hear your take on it.

OK gotta run! Have a good one!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-21, 07:48 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Yesterday was Upper Body, but I had to do Shovel Max, so that was my upper body workout! I'm very sore today so I'm going to wait until this evening and see if I feel like doing a workout.

I'm stuck sitting at a "virtual table" from 9-5 today at a trade show. I normally attend this every year in person, but they figured out a way to do it online, so we'll see how that goes. I sit there and people come by and ask questions. I must say doing this online is SO much better than going in person.

Pam, I'm upset about travel too. I normally travel a few times a year. Some of that is work travel and some is vacation, but the last trip I went on was to Florida exactly a year ago this week, right before COVID hit. I can't believe it's been that long. I miss traveling and wonder when we'll be able to go anywhere again.

Liz, That's interesting that you skip the ab sections at the end. I usually do some of the moves or I sometimes do them standing up, if it's something that can be done that way.

Sherry, I didn't know some Goodwills are closing. I think the ones near me are doing ok. One of them completely remodeled recently.

Donna, I'm so burned out at work that it's not even funny. My boss wants me to come up with goals for this year and I can't even think of anything!

Have a good day! TGIF!
Old 02-12-21, 08:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Upper Body Blast - this one is on her paid site - it is 20 min of upper body w/ light weights.

Senior Shape Fitness (You Tube) - Gentle Pilates and Stretch - I swallowed my pride, LOL, and did a workout from a "Senior" channel, but this was a very good routine - it was mainly stretching and mobility, but it felt really good. I will definitely do this one again - the only drawback is it is on the longer side, but well worth it if you have the time.

I really liked Lauren - she doesn't look very "senior" to me - and she has a nice variety of workouts on her channel - kickboxing, barre, weights, low impact, Pilates...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkW...tZqqA/featured

Later today I will get my Leslie mile done.

wishiwasinhawaii - good luck at your virtual trade show and I'm sorry you had to do Shovel Max!

Liz - blocking off time on your schedule is a good idea - I don't do it every day, but I am thinking about it - I can't just sit in front of my computer all day. I was always a bit of a homebody and the pandemic has just intensified it. I would like to go out to eat, and maybe take a little day or weekend trip somewhere, though! I really only go out for necessities, though.

Sherry - that is a good point about barre - while I enjoy it - I do think it is probably not very functional for day to day life. So, probably not best as your sole form of exercise - unless you are a dancer. I like fusion better in general - it tends to have a bigger range of motion and works on more functional aspects of fitness like balance and core stability.

Pam - agreed! I like Leslie the best even though she can be goofy at times. I do like the workouts b/c generally the pace of them is pretty good.

Hope everyone has a nice Friday - long weekend!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-21, 04:27 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong 2 Day 10 (Lower Focus Circuit #2!)

Hi Ladies,

A bit surprised to see this one up in the rotation so soon since it was the most recent strength workout in the rotation. Anyway, I like this one very much and did so well with it today! I added to this a short 10 minute Pilates routine on the TG.

Sherry, Justina's functional barre workout looks very good! She seems like a cutie, too! Thanks for sharing that one, and I'll try it out when I have some extra time or want to substitute something else out!

Donna, Lauren looks like she would be a favorite of mine! She's so beautiful, elegant and I love the slow pace! I'm really looking forward to doing some of her YT workouts and I've just liked her Senior Shape Fitness on FB. Thank you for sharing that tidbit. She's lovely.

Lizh, sorry Jessica's Strength and Stretch yoga wasn't for you. I haven't done this one in a while and don't remember it that well. Do you generally like yoga workouts or not so much? ;-)

wishiwasinhawaii, hope the virtual trade show went well! One thing we're doing virtually is listening to a lot of history lectures while we eat dinner at night! So last night we watched something about Benedict Arnold and the night before that a lecture on the history of Sea Shanties.

Have a good weekend everyone!

April Focus:
Old 02-12-21, 04:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

PSA: Total Gym on QVC @ 6PM Valentine's Day!!!

Just a heads up, in case anyone is interested. I've heard through the grapevine "Total Gym Addicts" Facebook Group, that the Total Gym will be at a reduced savings. Not sure the price yet, but it is for the Elite model. It's probably going to be more affordable than the Total Gym Fit that I got for the New Year. But, if you have the time...check it out!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Unless you have more romantic Valentine's Day plans....;-)

April Focus:

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy