Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-21, 12:04 AM  
lizh

Hi all,
Just a quick check in.

Today I did Upper Body. I started with 10 lbs and went to 8 and then 5 and then there was a move at the end that I dropped down to 3 lbs. In addition, there was a short ab segment that I skipped. I'll be curious if my arms will be sore tomorrow. They felt worked out!

Pam, enjoy the Total Gym workouts!

Sherry, I'm with you and don't really like doing ab work and crunches on the floor.

Waves to Donna and wishiwasinhawii!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 09:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think I missed checking in yesterday, so, here's my check in for yesterday, and today, so far:

Saturday -

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series Day 23 - this was a cardio & tone program.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath Day 12 - Drop - short and sweet

Sunday -

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 24 - Cardio Plus Standing abs - it was six circuits of walking, low impact cardio, standing abs - each done for one minute.

Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates - Floor Routine - this was from her new DVD. While it wasn't "rough" it also wasn't totally gentle either. It is not for a Pilates or Yoga newbie. And, while not killer, it was definitely a solid intermediate workout for me. I enjoyed the scenery and the music and Jessica. I will have to do the standing series next time.

I am way behind on personals!

I do think I'm going to do Fusion February next month - I may do the DVD workouts or I may just bounce around between DVD and You Tube.

I am glad Pahla's rotation is finishing up - I still like her - but I'm ready for a change.

She is changing her mini challenge...I think she's just going to post a monthly challenge now - and it sounds like it will be rotating the same 7 workouts for a month. I can see the benefit to that, on one level b/c if you repeat a workout you tend to get better at it - but I also get bored....and I'm not sure if she is going to do a Weight Loss Mini Challenge and a Body Shaping Mini Challenge or just focus on Weight Loss. I think she has a Q&A coming up this week, maybe there will be more info then...

Hope everyone has a good Sunday

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 12:04 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Donna, I'm also leaning towards Fusion February with Jessica. That will give me a chance to do Total Gym workouts in-between (or anything else I might l like to add!) I like the flexibility of this rotation and good for mixing and matching. I might also throw in a few of the WS2 Lower Body workouts since I'm doing more for UB with TG.

ETA: Today's workout ended up being a Pilates TG workout with Maria Sollon on YouTube called "Pilates to Tone Lean Lines." It was too advanced for me in parts, while some of the exercises were good on the machine. She moves pretty quickly from one exercise to another, so I would look for a slower paced one the next time.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 01:23 PM  
Leonana

Today was a half hour on my stationary bike, and then 15 minutes of walking while I watched tv. I also did 15 minutes of Dr Jo stretches in the evening, along with some foam rolling. I found a foam roller at Goodwill, it’s purple and has raised squares and rectangles. It feels pretty good. The brand is Yes4You.

Pam, I haven’t tried a pillow. I have tried a ball behind my back in Jessica’s Barre Floor dvd workout, and that’s a bit better. However, it always makes my lower back sore, no matter how much I try to perfect my form. I finally decided to just skip crunches and roll ups. I have no problem with planks or side planks. I can also do a hollow hold, or Pilates 100, and will sub that sometimes.

Leg lifts bother my lower back too, so part of my problem is probably a weak core. Definitely something I need to work on! Thanks for the tips with the pillow, I will try them with leg lifts.

Liz, I’m glad I’m not the only ab work hater lol.

Donna, Gentle Yoga and Pilates does seem intermediate.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii!
Old 01-25-21, 09:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon DD and I dragged ourselves out of our laziness and went for our walk. I then came home and stretched out w/ Ellen's Affirmative Flow (basically a short yoga fusion) and ePilates 21 Day challenge - Day 6 - yoga session which was very good post walk as there were a lot of hip stretches.

Today, I was in the mood for some more zen w/ Ellen so I did:

Ellen - Power 15
Pilates Nest - Reset Retreat Day 1 - Posture - this was a nice gentle routine
Yoga w/ Kassandra -10 Min Morning Yoga for Flexibility

I will squeeze Pahla's workout in later today - it is only 20 minutes. And, I'm determined to finish this rotation!!!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 01-25-21, 02:33 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong Day 23 (Interval Mix!)

Hi Ladies,

I am getting much better with Interval Mix and really gave it my all today! Also added Todd's Beginner workout for Total Gym! Will continue with this one until end of month and February will be the start of his Intermediate DVD!

Have a good work week everyone!

April Focus:
Old 01-25-21, 09:46 PM  
lizh

Talking

Hi all,
I took a day off yesterday and today was Lower Body. It is a tough one with endless reps on one side then the other. I modified by going slower than the gang so ended up with less reps. I also didn't do the plie squats on my toes. Ugh. I hope this one doesn't come up in the rotation again anytime soon.

Sherry, what an excellent find to get a foam roller at Goodwill! I may need one after this workout today.

Donna, the Ellen routines sound soothing. A few months ago I was doing 10 minute yoga with Kassandra before work and I keep meaning to get back to it. (However, I keep staying up too late)

Pam, Interval Mix is a tough one! I agree it takes a few times to get used to it and the rhythm.

Waves to everyone else!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 12:33 AM  
Leonana

I started WS3 today, but switched the workouts as I like to do strength on MWF. So I did metabolic conditioning. Boy, that workout is no joke, I took quite a few rests! It was harder than I remembered. I have a Fanny Lifter, and used the larger step, which I think matched Beth’s. I measured and my FL was 8 1/2 inches. I think Jessica’s risers were 10 inches and Beth’s are 8. I used 5, 8 and 10 pounds in the workout. I also modified some, especially the full push-ups with one hand on the step. Phew! I subbed other moves for the tricep dip and crunches. I was able to do the leg lifts and my lower back is okay.

But I really enjoyed it. I think I got a good dose of endorphins which put me in a good mood. I’m hoping this gets me ready for Lift and Shift.

Donna, good job finishing the rotation.

Liz, I guess I better get the foam roller out after the lower body workout!

Pam, good job with Interval Mix. I’m impressed you did two workouts.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii.
Old 01-26-21, 08:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have to post quickly this morning - hope to return for personals later.

Yesterday I did manage to do Pahla's Day 25 workout in the afternoon and I did CS 1111 in the evening...

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Feel Good Fusion - this is from her 7 Day series - I am finding I enjoy these more now than when I first did them...

Pilates Next - Reset Retreat - Day 2 - Legs & Glutes

Yoga w/ Bird - Morning Yoga for Hip Tension

I am planning to get Pahla's workout in this afternoon....I am anxious to finish the rotation and move on. Still love Pahla, but ready for a change of pace!

Waves,

Donna
Old 01-26-21, 01:56 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong Day 24 (360 Abs!)

Hi Ladies,

I did much better with Jessica's 360 Abs and have no complaints this time, LOL! ;-) Everything was A-OK! But, then I finished with Rob Glick's Total Gym Ab Crunch workout and now I'm ready to pass out! I could not complete all of the exercises or reps with this one, but something to work towards! This one focuses on lower abs, obliques and I was fine with kneeling on the TG, but then you are planking while moving the platform on your toes...tough stuff. And, you'll do four to six reps slow and then he speeds up the reps. I just continued with half-time and no way was I ready for this with TG at an incline on my toes! Holy Cow!

Liz and Sherry, you both are doing some tough workouts with WS3! Good job!

Donna, you have always been so consistent, no matter what and have great variety with your workout choices!

wishiwasinhawaii, how are you doing with WS1? Are you going to finish out the entire six weeks or switch to something else soon?

Have a good day all!

April Focus:

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy