Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-08-21, 08:32 PM  
rcmims

Jari Love

I was wondering if anyone could tell which Jari Love workouts are worth having in your DVD collection?
Thank you!
rcmims
rcmims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 08:37 PM  
BunnyHop

The original is the one I've done the most, by far.
Old 03-08-21, 08:42 PM  
Erica H.

I like Ripped and Chiseled the best followed by Slim and Lean.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 08:57 PM  
wendug

Ripped and Chiseled is tough and thoroughly hits the upper body. There are some lower body exercises in this workout, but I always feel it in the upper body. I think this is toughest out of her first videos. I do Get Ripped 1000 quite a bit- I love the combo of weights and cardio bursts. Plus, I find Gaylene's physique to be very inspiring! Also, Get Extremely Ripped- it's nice to be able to do a 30 minute Jari workout if your short on time or just not feeling a longer workout.
Old 03-08-21, 09:15 PM  
star117

My favorite are get ripped, Ripped and chiseled, ripped in 6. I like most all of the others except not the 1000s.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 09:16 PM  
alisoncooks

The original Get Ripped and Slim & Lean. Oh, and I really like Weights & Abs (on Lean Machine and BodyRock? I think...)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 06:14 AM  
IceQueen07

I haven't done is years and can't remember - does Jari do lots of reps with low weights or moderate amount of reps?

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 07:27 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I haven't done is years and can't remember - does Jari do lots of reps with low weights or moderate amount of reps?
Many reps!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 10:56 AM  
kat999

I own all of them and keep an accounting of the calories burned in all my workouts. I'm at I would say a low-intermediate level of fitness at the moment, at a reasonable weight with some small level of muscle definition, and I'm 45 years old. I've been doing Jari Love workouts for about eight years or so, and have been doing similar workouts for over 20 years. Here is how I would classify the difficulty level of each one, based on my own caloric expenditure, from most to least difficult:

1. Get Ripped 1000 #3
2. Get Extremely Ripped
3. Get Extremely Ripped 1000
4. Get Extremely Ripped Extremely Ripped and Chiseled
5. Get Extremely Ripped Body Rock
6. Get Extremely Ripped 1000 Hardcore
7. Get Extremely Ripped Revved to the Max
8. Get Extremely Ripped Boot Camp
9. Get Ripped & Jacked
10. Get Ripped 1000
11. Get Extremely Ripped Lean Machine
12. Get Ripped Express
13. Get Ripped in 6 Minutes
14. Get Ripped Slim & Lean
15. Get Ripped to the Core
16. Get Ripped & Chiseled
17. Get Ripped (original)

Now, one thing to note is that her original series is almost entirely "slow and heavy" without much in the way of cardio. Any of the workouts that integrate cardio have a higher calorie burn. Also, my list above is based on doing the entire full session (usually 60-70 minutes) rather than premixes, which exist on all the series except the ones labeled "Get Ripped" (that is the original series). Everything from 1-6 burned at least 400 or more calories for me in a single session, 7-13 were at least 300 calories, and 14-17 were between 200-295 calories. So even with the "easier" ones, you're still burning a lot if that is your goal. You can also make all of her stuff easier or harder based on your weight load. I don't lift very heavy (these are all tracked at using between 1-10 lbs. for everything), so if you lift heavier, your results will vary. I also can't do extremely high-impact cardio, so I often modify down if she's doing something very frenetic. Again, if you push it all out, your results will be higher than mine.

I hope this helps! I honestly love them all, but if you do a JL rotation be ready for a lot of repetitiveness of music, moves, and style of workout, so even though I think her approach is fantastic and gets good results, doing too much of her in a row gets me reallllly bored and I need a break.
Old 03-09-21, 11:51 AM  
star117

Great post kat!! I agree with all you said from my perspective as well.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jari love, jari love favorites, jari love success