Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-21, 11:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy Sunday!

I am contemplating a walk today. Yesterday after all my housework I did the core challenge premix from Bernadette Giorgi's magic circle DVD. It was tough but good!

Summer Breeze, what a mess, I'm sorry to hear you were up bailing water all night. Don't you love having a repairman come over and they find bigger problems? [roll eyes] I hope you get in a nice walk today to destress.

Donna - I had to look up FOMO. It sounds like an alter-definition for vidiotism. Ellen's earlier Studio "with weights" workouts are all rather taxing for the shoulders.

Nice steps Rose!

Hi Christina!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 09:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday DD and i went for our long walk - it wasn't too bad out there. This week we are in for some nice warm temps. yay.

Today, so far, has been:

CS 1125 - it was something for the spine and was a standing and barre workout. A fairly large lizard made an appearance in the background! LOL!

Trifecta Pilates - Strength Pilates - Floor segment. This is an hour long workout that includes standing, chair and floorwork. Fortunately, there are time stamps that tell you where each segment begins/ends. I opted for the floorwork today - it did include some work using a chair as a prop as well as gliding discs (I did not use gliding discs and was fine)

Later today may be a walk and/or Pahla.

On the Jessica dilemma - I am getting more tempted. These do sound like they are slower lifting workouts than what she normally does - so it may be something that I would like. Jessica's strength workouts have typically been my least favorite of hers but I'm wondering if it is more the style of strength she was doing in those workouts and these sounds more like a slower paced lifting program. Still, I also know that I have bad exercise ADD... And, I am not sure how I feel about a program that is very light on cardio - I am such a cardio girl.

So - I guess my pros are---

- it may be different in terms of the lifting style and i may enjoy it
- on looking at the rotation again it does seem to be fairly balanced with mobility and core work included (she does include optional cardio days - and i know I would at least walk a few times a week)
- the 60 day money back guarantee does mean I can try it out for a full 2 months and still get my money back....
- with working from home I do have the time to do these longer workouts and they are all under an hour, although at least two are 50 min....

My cons are -

- Exercise ADD - can I really stick to it?
- Will I be able to reign myself in and not add cardio in - except for the recommended days? I think avoiding trying to add more and do more may be key not only to results but staying injury free
- Will they be just too hard for me and will I end up discouraged?

My neutrals:

Purple Player - I use it, it is fine, but I prefer the DVD format - what happens if PP goes under some day?
I understand that you may not b able to download these since she does offer the 60 day guarantee - I mean, what would stop someone from downloading and then asking for a refund

The price - it is a little expensive, but I do have the ability to get a gift card from my workplace wellness program that would cover the cost...

Ok - I am no closer to deciding, lol!

Summer Breeze - ug - we live in an older home w/ copper pipes and very acidic water, at some point, we are probably going to have to have all the copper replaced...we do have a neutralizer to reduce the acidity but I am sure at some point....

Hope everyone has a good Monday!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 09:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

52 minute outdoor walk

I am planning on more of the same today.
The plumber is coming back today, the tub faucet is still leaking. It's not a bad leak, and fortunately the drain is unclogged, but still it's not ideal. He's giving me an estimate on the bigger job too. My sister gave me the name of her plumber so I'll probably get an estimate from them too before I decide what to do.

PAT, ohh I like Bernadette's magic circle workout. Maybe I can talk myself into doing that if I can't bring myself to do MR yet.

DONNA, the more I read about Jessica's new set, the more I'm tempted. I'm a weights over cardio girl, so that's a pro for me. Plus I like the slow and controlled lifting over the fast paced lifting, another pro. But since I have the MR streaming for a year that I haven't used it just doesn't make sense to buy something else, con. And of course, no dvds is a big con for me. I guess I can wait for the next round in June and hope the price doesn't go up. Any slim chance at all she may do dvds of these down the road? Probably not

Hi ROSE & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 09:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day!

It ended up being too darn cold to walk, it was still in the 20s and windy. We went to the gym instead. I still haven't completed the Qi Challenge, hopefully today.

Summer Breeze, good luck with deciding between plumbers. Hmm about the first guy not fixing the leak. Yes, it was refreshing to get out an old DVD with an instructor I haven't used in a long time. Bernadette is a good teacher.

Donna, I'm looking forward to some warmer temps for walking, too. Good luck on your Jessica decision, I'm going through the same with the one month Holden subscription.

Good morning Rose and Christina! Hope all are well.
Old 03-08-21, 07:12 PM  
Rose

Hello! Not much for the past few days. I get a vaccine shot tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous.
Any pre-vaccine advice? Did anyone exercise the day before or the day of the vaccine?

Donna- Jessica's use of the Purple Player is a detriment. It seems as if you do your best switching things up every 3 weeks. Of course, if you decide to go with Jessica, we'd all love to read your reviews!

Summer Breeze- Ugh, pipes! It sounds like you have some options for plumbers. I'm sorry you are dealing with this and hope it gets positively resolved soon.

Pat You've done well with the Qigong challenge. Will you continue with Qigong after this challenge is finished?

Hello Christina!

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 08:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday at lunch I did Pahla's 7th March workout which was a cardio routine done Tabata style. But low impact and not as grueling.

Today, so far, has been:

Lucy Wyndham Read - Feel Fabulous Home Fitness Challenge Day # 1- which was a cardio/tone - body weight only - I think all of Lucy's are body weight only. I did the low impact variations since I am not fond of jumping these days. And Lucy's cat was going crazy in the background, LOL!

Trifecta Pilates - Slow Bicycle Workout - this was a nice hip mobility sort of practice, just what I need.

Lucy's challenge is here: https://www.lwrfitness.com/fitness-challenge/

So, I think I am safe from Lift and Shift - for various reasons I don't think I would get much use of it....so, that is good, I can stop thinking about it. And, you know, if I change my mind, it will be available again at some point. So, thank you for your input in my decision making!

My DD has appointment this afternoon and I am thinking of using that time away from my desk as an opportunity to get a walk in - the weather is supposed to be nice today.

Rose - you are right - I like variety and there are so many You Tube instructors on my radar to try....Workout Hotel, Caroline Jordan....so I think those can keep me busy for awhile. I also want to do more Pilates w/ Katja.
I hope you have good luck w/ your vaccine...I think you will be fine to workout before and then just listen to your body for after....some people have no reactions, others feel a bit sick...fingers crossed.

Pat - it was a windy weekend....but warm enough here to walk outside. The Lee Holden subscription does look tempting....

Waves, Summer Breeze - hope all is well on your end.

Waves, Christina...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 09:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! We're finally getting a break from teens and 20 degree weather and I'm looking forward to getting some outdoor walks back in my life. Yesterday featured:

~ Day 26 of Lucy's BRB Challenge, a fun 25 minute routine of walking on 20 different outdoor paths featuring a visit with a cute squirrel
~ Day 4 of the Holden Qi Challenge

I caved and joined the Holden Qigong membership program. These classes take me deeper into the practice and provide so much more education compared to the DVD routines, so I cancelled Glo for a while and will be going deeper into the qigong. Besides you get the five challenge routines to keep -and I'm worth it!

Rose, fingers crossed for your vaccination today. Drink lots of water! Reactions vary so widely, and hopefully any that you get will be short-lived.

Donna how fun about one of Lucy's Princesses going nuts, LOL. It sounds like you made the right decision about Lift & Shift. I hope you get out for that walk.

Good morning to Summer Breeze and Carolyn. Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-09-21, 09:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

I am planning on the same for today. It's supposed to get well into the 50s today so I'm looking forward to that! The plumber never showed yesterday so he's not making any brownie points in my book. He works for someone else and is doing this job for me on his own but at least let me know if you can't make it. Sheesh.

PAT, the Holden challenge sounds like a great purchase for you. Enjoy! Yeah the plumber not fixing the leak and then not showing up is a red flag.

ROSE, good luck with your vaccine!

DONNA, I think Jessica is opening up the Lift & Shift purchase again in June. I'll probably re-think it then. Thanks for the link to Lucy's challenge.

Hi CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!
Old 03-09-21, 06:11 PM  
CS_Margaret_Fan

Happy Almost Spring, Everone!

I finally have my meds! God and the Universe are good.

My Workouts on Sunday, March 7:
- Pre-workout Stretch (15 minutes)
- CS Joint Pain Relief Streaming - Gail Garceau (30 minutes)
- MR Online - Program 1902 (25 minutes)
- Deltoids
- Back
- Gluteals
- Inner Thighs
- Outer Thighs
- Abdominals (Add-on)
Thank you, ladies, for saying "Hello" to me this past seven days when I wasn't posting. I appreciate it so much!

Ciao,
Christina
Old 03-10-21, 08:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

Without a jacket!! It got into the low 60s yesterday. I am planning a walk today even though it won't be quite as mild.

CHRISTINA, yay on finally getting your meds! Nice workout combo.

Hi PAT, DONNA & ROSE.

Have a great day!

Tags
jim fixx