Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-21, 10:32 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was an hour and a half of filing and then Mile 1, plus WU and CD, of one of Jessica's Walk dvd's, the one she did with Greg Twombly. I'm blanking on the name. Today was one of my Goodwill finds, the Firm Cardio Weight System, hi-def sculpt. I like it. It moves slow, but that means I can use heavier weights in the future. It's 55 minutes, but I ff'ed through the floor work, so it was about 45 minutes. I liked most of the moves, they were good functional moves. However, I don't like forward lunges, so subbed squats for that move.

It's been fun to try some new dvds. I finally figured out why it's taken me awhile to find other instructors besides Jessica. Jessica was putting out so much on You Tube and dvds that I didn't feel the need. Also, I didn't realize what it was I liked about Jessica's workouts, so I didn't know what to look for. Now I have a better idea. Also, dvds used to be more expensive. I'd spend at least $20 per dvd, including shipping, then not like it. Now, I can find dvds at Goodwill or Thriftbooks, so I don't mind giving them away if I don't like them. Not as much risk!

Pam, I do like some floor work, such as planks and bridges, or leg work. It's the pesky ab work that hurts my back. Good job on your workouts.

wishiwasinhawaii, I've stopped coloring my hair too, and it's also brown and gray. I think I'm still 2/3rds gray. The funny thing is that I think my brown hair is actually lighter. I know the gray makes it look lighter, but I used to be a dark brown, and now it's more a medium brown.

Donna, I also had a lighter case of shingles. I was around 45 when I had shingles, and I'm pretty sure it was due to stress and lack of sleep. I think that's one reason I haven't been anxious to get the shot, because I have had it, and it wasn't that bad. But it would probably be worse as we get older.

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy