Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-07-20, 06:59 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Anita - We were on at that same time. Yeah, they refitted the same crown using a somewhat stronger cement. Hopefully, the stronger material will work and keep it on longer.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 08:11 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I should have called the derm.

I wasted my time (and co-pay) at the clinic. The PA I saw had no clue what she was looking at. But rather than just say, hey, why don't you go see a derm, she said, hey, let's try this, and if it doesn't work, you can see a derm. Sheesh.

She wrote a script for "something a bit stronger than you've tried" but rather than fill it, I brought it home to ask DH what he thought. He said not to bother. It's not much stronger than an OTC steroid cream, so he didn't think it was worth the time or money.

The clinic called me later and said they'd made an appointment for me to see a derm on the 19th. If the rash gets better, I can just cancel. Fortunately, they made the appointment with my derm. I'm going to try to get in sooner. I left a message with them, but they didn't call back. In the meantime, I guess I'll stick to the antibiotic ointment. Because I used nothing last night and it was cracking and oozing today.

On the other hand, it could totally heal up by Monday and this will all have been for nothing.

Today I did Burn Sets: Bi's and Tri's, and Qi Gong for Longevity.

Anita, two weeks! Are you ready?

Paula, did your husband have a biopsy? I'm sorry if I missed that. I was thinking it was last month? Or am I totally confused and have it all wrong?

Laura, I have a lot to fit in tomorrow. Of course, today was partly wasted. Did you get to have any of the lemon cake? I'm glad you get to see your parents. I'm still too afraid to visit my mom. Our little hospital has had three deaths in as many days.

Have a good evening, ladies.
Old 08-07-20, 08:46 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Strong Women/Strong Bones. I didn't have time for more. Made two loaves of banana bread.

Anita, Qi Gong sounds interesting, I may have to check it out. My MIL had an aviary, when she would go on vacation we would stay at her place and feed all her animals. I enjoyed feeding the birds, they were always fun.

Laura, lemon curd is always good in cake.

Deedee, try vaseline on the rash until you can see a derm. Yes, my DH had a biopsy and luckily it was negitive.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 08:19 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Another hot and humid weekend! AC is on for the day! My friends will be moving in tomorrow! Gus wants his walk! Life is just full of exclamation marks today!

I'll be doing some laundry, walking Gus, stopping by the grocery store and putzing around - might mow that yard... A friend will be dropping by a Cattleya orchid and I'll be giving her some of my divisions. We've been trading like this for the last several years.

Laura, I like lemon curd, but it's got to have some dough texture near it - not just like an inch thick layer - more a quarter inch.

Dede, Hope your rash heals before your derm appointment is needed. I have a weird rash on my left palm - it blisters and peels and then is quiet for about a month and repeats. Weird. It's been going on for about a year and a half now, but no spread, and it doesn't bother me enough for a doctor visit. I'm nervous about the surgery but trust it will eventually help me more than the gimping I'm currently doing. This sucks. My friends will be moving in tomorrow and we'll be helping each other - me with my surgery recovery and I'll provide a place for them to stay until they can move back to Chile (Covid is blocking their entry right now).

Paula, glad to hear DH's biopsy was negative! I love my little finches - they keep me company all day with their peeping . I did learn the lesson to have two males instead of a male and female so no dealing with eggs and hatchlings. That used to happen a lot when I was in college and living in Madison. They still like their nest building projects!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart!)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 06:19 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

DH and I went for a short walk this morning and I did a 20-minute cardio workout later. Both were shorter than I'd like, but at least I did them. I did a load of laundry and did some more cards. We "went" to church this afternoon. It's been a relatively lazy Saturday, and I enjoyed it.

Yesterday was busy. I actually got two videos filmed and will edit them this evening and/or tomorrow. Woo hoo! I feel like I'm back. I'm considering how to keep the momentum going. I also picked up/returned books at the library and put some gas in.

Anita - I don't like lemon so I've never had lemon curd. My parents said their cake is very good. There's nothing wrong with exclamation points! They communicate excitement!

Paula - Yay on you DH's biopsy! I'm sure that's a load off both your minds!

Dede- Ugh. The thing that drives me the most crazy in the world is someone wasting my time. Sorry the effort to get your rash treated was such a waste of time. I don't like lemon, so I turned down my parents' offer of a piece of cake. I told my parents they obviously didn't raise me right as I don't like lemon. I can understand your hesitance to visit your mom with two people in your household working at the hospital. We and my parents all have the same system of mainly staying at home and only going out for errands and medical appointments and wearing masks, washing hands, using hand sanitizer, etc. The only people any of get together with are each other.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 08:35 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Travis Eliot Yin Yoga. Did our usual Saturday chores - two loads of laundry. The handle on the toilet in the master bath wasn't working right - too much play so we went to Lowe's and bought a new one and DH installed it. So a quiet day of putzing around the house.

Anita, if you have a recurring rash/blister on your palm you should see a dermatologist. I had a spot that kept scabing over, getting better, then coming back and then weeping scabbing over - turns out it was basal cell cancer. I'd let it go so long I needed a MOHS procedure. Please get it checked out. I never used to like lemon curd until my sister introduced me to homemade coconut cake with lemon crud filling - I planned on scrapping out the filling but boy howdy did it taste good in combination with the sweet coconut flavor - you need to give it a try.

Laura, sounds as though you got a lot accomplished today. You're way ahead of the rest of us. Ditto on the coconut cake with lemon crud filling give it a taste test if you get a chance.

Deedee, I hate people wasting my time - I spent way too long on the computer today trying to print out a copy of my latest Verizon bill, something you would thing would be easy. Never got it done, but did have steam rising from my ears.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote